Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2001 7:42:47 PM EDT
I was shooting p-dogs this morning with a .22lr pistol. This was quite fun and gave me a new challege. I would like to pick one up, but I don't want to spend a ton of money either. anyone?

Also I had a topic a little while back that asked for info on what .223 to buy that was fairly cheap, but a good shooter. Well, today I was looking at CZ's homepage and they have a rifle that shoots the cheap-o 7.62x39 round. Anyone had any experience with their rifes and how much do they cost?
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Browning buckmark or Ruger are both nice pistols.The CZ is a nice little rifle.You get more quality than you pay for.they run about 325 wholsale on the 527
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Go with the Ruger Mk2. I have had a target 6 & 7/8" tapered stainless for 17 years, thousands of rounds fired, it's great. I like to set up aluminum cans and shoot at about 75 yards, lots of fun. I have shot 2 different 10" bull Rugers, they are AWESOME. Not nearly as handy and kind of awkward to carry around, but one guy has a vertcal shoulder holster and it carries fine for him. My Dad has the 6 7/8" slabside and it is really nice. If you are gonna shoot praire dogs/varmints go ahead and get that 10" bull model, or of you like a scoped gun get the slabside, it comes w/rings.
Buckmarks are nice, but I have never shot one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Go with the Ruger Mk2. (blah, blah, blah)
Buckmarks are nice, but I have never shot one.
View Quote

You didn't need to put in that last sentence.  If you'd ever shot a Buckmark, you never would have recommended the R*g*r.

Get the Buckmark. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a CZ-527. Definitely a shooter. I would not part with it, and others I have "spoken" to on the internet feel the same way. CZ's are developing a loyal following.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
First off, just about anything CZ makes is quality.

The thing is, their rifles are expensive (but their pistols are cheap!  Isn't that weird?) Their rifles are serious quality.  Accurate and feel terrific.  But the price puts me off them.

Anyway, assuming you're using the gun for p-dogs and plinking, I would stick with .223.  7.62 soviet is cheap and hard-hitting, but it's nherently less accurate.  And not that much cheaper than .223
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top