Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2001 1:55:35 PM EDT
I don't understand the mentality of some people. I went to the range today, brought three rifles. I started off shooting my .22lr rifles: CZ 452, Ruger 10/22(custom). I get these, "What is that kid doin' with a .22 on the 100yrd range?" look. Well, first off, my Ruger will embarress most guys with their centerfire bolt- actions on a calm, (little wind) day. Like today! Secondly, a .22 is not a toy. I love shooting .22's. Alright, then I pull out the Bushmaster, in her fine black glory! Damn, I somehow got some respect? I don't get it. Why are some many people so obsessed with looks/ recoil?/ whatever. I am going back next week with my 1861 Springfield musket,(58cal.) It never fails to impress. Booom!!!!... S-M-O-K-E....Wack! A gun, is a gun,is a gun ,is a gun....
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree with you, a gun is a gun...

Next time you get that look, just make sure they see how well you shoot those lowly little .22s.

.22 are a cheap way to get great practice, are a lot of fun, and you shoot them all day long!
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I always take a .22 or two with me. Especally if I'm trying to sight in a big bore. Just a good relaxing break in the kickin'.

Most around here have several .22's and don't look down at anyone else. But there are always the freaks with little man syndrome. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 .22 long guns (both Marlin) and a Browning .22 pistol. Anyone that wishes to look down their noses at them is welcome. I personally don't give a rat's ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top