Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2017 9:49:06 AM EST
Getting my girl into shooting. I can tell she's interested cause she always asking me questions and tagging along, but she's def intimated.

I was hoping to start her off with e G42 in 380, but I don't think it'll work. Over the weekend she put 2 rounds through a compact ar in 5.56, and she did fine, but she was super nervous and intimated.

Looking to get a decent 22 handgun for her to get comfortable with. If it were me I'd just get a conversion for a Sig 226 or so on, but she is 4'11, 105lbs after the buffet. So ladies, any ideas?
Cheap, simple, light weights, and not a ja-o-matic.

Thanks womenz.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:58:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2017 9:59:24 AM EST by -Kyuss-]
http://www.ruger.com/products/markIV2245Lite/models.html
Shit, nevermind. I'm not a womenz.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:06:20 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -Kyuss-:
http://www.ruger.com/products/markIV2245Lite/models.html
Shit, nevermind. I'm not a womenz.
View Quote
My wife bought this one in purple.

She also liked the S&W victory 22
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:57:26 AM EST
KelTec PMR-30 in .22" WMR?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:27:18 PM EST
Walther P22, no doubt. Light, good for small hands. She will get the feel of handling a magazine and she can learn how to break it down so she isn't afraid of it.

I have one, love mine. Great for plinking and building confidence. Make sure you walk her through how to disassemble and reassemble, and clean it so she makes it her own.

I hope she likes it.

Lorie
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:38:41 PM EST
Aren't the Walther P22 and the S&W M&P full size .22" LR pistols made by Umarex?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:12:09 PM EST
My wife glommed onto my old Smith and Wesson K-22 Model 17 and won't give it back. She says it's elegant-- it's small and light and balances well, fits her lightly-constructed skeleton well, and she gets hits with it. If she sees you spending a bit of money on her to get her a nice pistol, well, that couldn't be bad either--

I wouldn't feel so bad about it but she did the same thing with my Inglis Hi-Power with the stock cut--
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:32:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By Pav56C:
Getting my girl into shooting. I can tell she's interested cause she always asking me questions and tagging along, but she's def intimated.

I was hoping to start her off with e G42 in 380, but I don't think it'll work. Over the weekend she put 2 rounds through a compact ar in 5.56, and she did fine, but she was super nervous and intimated.

Looking to get a decent 22 handgun for her to get comfortable with. If it were me I'd just get a conversion for a Sig 226 or so on, but she is 4'11, 105lbs after the buffet. So ladies, any ideas?
Cheap, simple, light weights, and not a ja-o-matic.

Thanks womenz.
View Quote

Thought about a 22 long rifle for her? Try a Savage .22LR, That was by far my favorite and still is for some backyard shooting. My boyfriend and I went to a long range and he shot his ar while I shot the 22 right next to him. I got familiar with the blast of the 5.56 while I had some fun myself.

As far as handguns, the Ruger Mark IV is a 22 and lots of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:34:23 PM EST
My wife is 5'3 and 110 soaking wet with rocks in her pockets. And very recoil sensitive. She is the only person I know that has bruised after shooting a M1 carbine, and yes she held it correctly.

My wife has 3 22 hand guns she really likes.

Colt Woodsman
Ruger MkII
Beretta Neos.

If you look at these three you see they have one thing in common, small grip size, and a bit of metal....weight helps with recoil.

But really only she can say what she likes, find a place that rents, or friends that have this or that and let her have a go....it is really the only way she will know for sure.

Wife shot a fullsized S&W 357 with 38's and just loved it, big gun with weight and the 38 load....she has a little J frame that she just hates....same round different platform.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:52:08 AM EST
I started out with a Walther 22. 

My favorite gun is now a full size m&p 
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:02:11 AM EST
Beretta makes some fine .22s

- the 92 with a .22 conversion kit
- model 87 - like a smaller 92 but dedicated .22 probably the nicest .22 made, frame safety
- model 70s - all steel sao beautiful small pistol
- model 71 - aluminum frame can usually find with fake suppresor attached but easily removed
- 21a - tiny .22 and has the tip up barrel to load the chamber easily
Top Top