Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2001 8:00:41 AM EDT
Is the .22 conversion kit worth the wear on the chrome lined bore in my bushy? I heard that .22 cal is not suited for the .223 bore? How true is this?
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Lead is way softer than chromed stel, no wear issues there.  It will leave lead in the barrel so a good cleaning is in order.  Also I've heard it fouls gas tubes, but I've been shooting mine for a while with no problems.  Yes the .22 rounds are a bit smaller that .223/5.56, and this makes the accuracy at a distance horrible, but the conversions aren't meant to make a 10/22 out of your AR.  It's for indoor/inexpensive practice shooting.  If you want a dedicated .22 then get a 10/22 or a dedicated .22 barrel/upper for you AR (which will run about 500 bucks, for that I'd get a 9mm upper)  If you want something for ranges that allow "Pistol Caliber Only" they this conversion is just the thing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#2]
what do you mean by fouling the gas tube?
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, you're funny.  You JUST called me a muzzle loading redneck on the other post and you expect me to answer your question? GFY [-!-]

Thanks Goat Boy for the new styled post counter.

Edited to add: Stop double posting and wasting bandwidth

So everyone can see what an ASS you are:
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=72530&page=1[/url]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top