Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:57:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 8:08:53 PM EDT by jnewson]
On another board, I read a thread where a guy said that he bought his daughter "a match grade AR-15, with an extra barrel, magazine adapter and bolt in .22 long rifle calibre"

I think that 60% of what this guy says is BS, but is the above described configuration possible? I've never heard of a .22 Calibre AR-15, though I realise that doesn't mean it does not exist.

What say you, Arfcom?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:59:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 8:01:14 PM EDT by SevenMMmag]
yes, I think there's an ar-15 .22LR conversion you can get.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:59:56 PM EDT
Here is another gem from him. I think this one wouldn't withstand the Box o Truth tests.

"if you have a Kalashnikov or variant which shoots the 7.62x39mm round, you might be able to find what are called here "training rounds" -- usually of old East German or Yugoslav manufacture. They were made for an urban combat situation. These are teflon (yeah baby) over a regular brass jacket, with a plastic core. They will penetrate a bullet-resistant vest and/or a person and then fragment into about a thousand tiny pieces. They *will* kill a human being (with very great effect) at short range, but they will not generally penetrate more than two or three layers of sheetrock. They also do not ricochet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:00:16 PM EDT
AR15's are 22cal
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:00:38 PM EDT
I have a .22LR M4gery - made by DPMS. Barrel is marked .22LR.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:03:19 PM EDT
There are several different .22lr conversions and dedicated .22lr uppers available for ar15's.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:04:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:05:19 PM EDT
My wife and I both use dedicated .22lr uppers for training purposes then switch to .223 uppers for matches.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:10:16 PM EDT
Hey, guess what I have one in 9mm, 357 Sig, and 6.5 Grendel.

There are a few .22 caliber conversions.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:15:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jnewson:
.... I've never heard of a .22 Calibre AR-15, though I realise that doesn't mean it does not exist.

What say you, Arfcom?

I think you're way too new with ARs to call BS on this guy if you don't know there are .22LR AR-15s....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:32:20 PM EDT

On another board, I read a thread where a guy said that he bought his daughter "a match grade AR-15, with an extra barrel, magazine adapter and bolt in .22 long rifle calibre"

I think that 60% of what this guy says is BS, but is the above described configuration possible? I've never heard of a .22 Calibre AR-15, though I realise that doesn't mean it does not exist.

What say you, Arfcom?

well here is one i have posted in .22

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=322766
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:34:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:

.... I've never heard of a .22 Calibre AR-15, though I realise that doesn't mean it does not exist.

What say you, Arfcom?

I think you're way too new with ARs to call BS on this guy if you don't know there are .22LR AR-15s....

Considering that I picked up my very first one yesterday and shot it for the first time today, that isn't an understatement.

But to buy one for a ten year old so that she won't go deer hunting with her grandfather sounds a little but extreme.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:37:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 8:37:43 PM EDT by -Absolut-]
I take it you don't make it over the AR15 part of the board much?

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=15
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:44:23 PM EDT

What say you, Arfcom?

Should we even mention the BELT-FED ones? (granted, it's hot off the lathe & that s-thing might've scared 'm ...)

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:48:48 PM EDT

Here is another gem from him. I think this one wouldn't withstand the Box o Truth tests.

"if you have a Kalashnikov or variant which shoots the 7.62x39mm round, you might be able to find what are called here "training rounds" -- usually of old East German or Yugoslav manufacture. They were made for an urban combat situation. These are teflon (yeah baby) over a regular brass jacket, with a plastic core. They will penetrate a bullet-resistant vest and/or a person and then fragment into about a thousand tiny pieces. They *will* kill a human being (with very great effect) at short range, but they will not generally penetrate more than two or three layers of sheetrock. They also do not ricochet.

I had some of those "plastic" core 7.62 back in the early 90s no teflon though
came in odd little clear yellow 10rd blister packs I bought a ton of it as it was cheap and i was a poor 18yo with a SKS
Dunno what their true purpose was but they did not seem to have any problem penetrating coyotes and they cratered up some pistol steel plate targets about the same as reg ball
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:50:23 PM EDT

Considering that I picked up my very first one yesterday and shot it for the first time today, that isn't an understatement.

But to buy one for a ten year old so that she won't go deer hunting with her grandfather sounds a little but extreme.

Congrats, on the first part. They're a whole lotta' fun. Hence, THIS, website.

You lost me on the second part of that tho, ...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:12:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=15

Damn, I've never seen that forum I guesss I never scrolled that far down
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:16:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By parshooter:

What say you, Arfcom?

Should we even mention the BELT-FED ones? (granted, it's hot off the lathe & that s-thing might've scared 'm ...)

img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/22bfup7.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/22bfup4.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/22bfup2.jpg

Question :

Are these 22lr belt-fed uppers considered a firearm though since they accept the ammunition directly? Sort of like the new 5.7x28 uppers that have the P90 magazine on top. Those are supposedly considered firearms and are serialized.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:04:49 PM EDT

Congrats, on the first part. They're a whole lotta' fun. Hence, THIS, website.

You lost me on the second part of that tho, ...

Sorry, here is the whole post:

That's the title to a poem I wrote for my little girl, given to her for her birthday. I've only written two poems in my entire life. The first was years ago for my wife.

The other thing I gave her was a match grade AR-15, with an extra barrel, magazine adapter and bolt in .22 long rifle calibre. I saved for several weeks to buy it. That was to bribe her not to go hunting with a grandfather. (I hate the idea of going out into the woods and wasting a deer who is minding his own business, not bothering anyone, and just wanting to live and let live. I'd rather she shot stray dogs and cats in a back alley someplace -- at least there would be a reason.) She's been shooting before and is pretty good at it. Hopefully she'll stick to paper targets rather than blowing holes in Bambi.

The third birthday gift is something she's been promised since she was in kindergarten, but she hasn't received it yet. It is the ability to watch an "R" movie with my blessing and approval. For years I've endured the incessant whining about "Kayla's parents let HER watch chuckie massacre whole families! You're a mean dad!".

I've settled on a great, classic horror film for her first expedition into degenerate Hollywood films. It's got violent murder, cannibalism, brutal rape, intrigue, teenage gangster behavior, insurrection/sedition/revolution, and is generally full of bloody carnage from beginning to end. What a great start to polluting my little girl's mind...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120866/

In my best Saturnine impression, I ask:
What sayest? Dost thou applaud my choice?

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:07:15 PM EDT
The Dude allows a 10 year old to watch R rated movies? WTF!?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:14:33 PM EDT

Like I said, I think 60% of what he says is BS. He also claims to have converted to Islam.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:36:44 AM EDT

Whats so odd about that? I watched R rated movies when I was growing up in the 80s.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:49:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:46:43 AM EDT

What say you, Arfcom?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/22bfup7.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/22bfup4.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/22bfup2.jpg

Do you OWN that

Googled it and found this:

nugeboard.tednugent.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/241580.html
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:12:50 AM EDT
I built my daughter a dedicated 22LR and gave it to her for Christmas.

It is a CZ upper, with a full-length free-float tube (replaced the short one it came with to give her full-length sight radius), a 16.5 barrel (love that dissapator look), A2 sights (it was a flat-top), and put an A1 stock on it for her shorter reach (she is 12 next week).

Nothing unusual there. She gets to take it to the range for the first time this Friday.

Looks like this:

In her case with two magazines and "Mickey Mouse mat"

A little bit closer now

And the right side of the receivers

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:25:07 AM EDT

What part of this are you challenging ?

I have several thousand of these rounds.
They are short range training rounds.
I've not tried them against a vest, but they
are deadly, just as one might expect of a rifle round.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:34:10 AM EDT
I've got a dedicated .22LR upper built on the Army 261 kit by Compass Lake Engineering.

Go to their web site and see for yourself.

www.compasslake.com
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:36:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2006 4:37:29 AM EDT by Gunner1X]

Why not do a little research on your own before accusing another member of being a liar.

EDIT: Spelling
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:36:55 AM EDT
I had an Armi Jaeger (sp) in 22lr. Looked exactly like an old school A2 with the triangle handguards.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:39:53 AM EDT
Top Top