Quoted:
was this in central OK ?

No, Tulsa area.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
contact club officer thats an accident waiting to happen
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
First of all working on the range on the weekend, unless absolutely necessary, is assinine.

Second, regardless of your tenure, i would at least bring the subject up to the powers that be, unless of course that would be the dumbass driving the backhoe.

Finally, I had something similar happen to me and almost got into a first fight over it. I was so pissed and called them out. But i quickly realized that anybody stupid enough to do what they were doing down range would not be able to comprehend the concept of safety i was talking about.

YMMV
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd say if you're paying membership dues to shoot there you should have some say on things that happen at the club. But I do agree with your stance on not wanting to step on anyones toes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Dues paying member or not you should bring up this safety violation to whatever powers that be exsist. If you had not noticed this asshat and plugged him by accident, guess who would be getting sued?

If there is going to be range maintence done down range, then the range should be closed. You might be able to finesse some maintence if it not down range, but even then for safety the range should be close. Maybe overkill on some ranges, but safety should be paramount. All it takes is one oohps to get a range closed forever.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Was he behind the berm at the end of the range?

While not ideal, he would be protected and technically "safe".
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top