User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/1/2006 4:53:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
So how did you know the other girls were all clean?

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]
all i have to say is greg you come up with some off the wall ?

and i would love to have a beer with you some day
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it was only 2 of them and they both were tested while I was dating them.

ommm, but if all of you have something which doesn't show symptoms at first, wouldn't that lead you to believe they were "clean" when, in fact, they weren't?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, veneral warts are tiny little bastards & hard to see. They cause no pain & are easily transmitted.

I'm sure there's others I haven't yet heard of.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes, veneral warts are tiny little bastards & hard to see. They cause no pain & are easily transmitted.

Oh that would blow, even after like 9-12 months?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#9]
k
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it was only 2 of them and they both were tested while I was dating them.

Herpes can be transmitted even when the woman is asymptomatic.

HPV cannot live in the oro-pharynx, so you are safe there.  If you fucked the 2 'later' girls then you could still get HPV since most women are asymptomatic.  A condom does not protect you 100% from HPV or Herpes.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
blood work doesn't catch any of that?

Nope.  Well, you can find out someone's HIV, syphyllis, Hep B and C status.  But not HPV, Herpes, gonorrhea or chlamidia.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh that would blow, even after like 9-12 months?

Yes, veneral warts don't hurt. I guess if you let them go for 10-15 years or some shit, they would cause problems. I wouldn't want to test that though..................    
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

When it comes HPV there is not test for males.  Also you can have the disease and not have any visible sypmtoms.  Plus with HPV condoms are not effective against it...oh plus 1 out 3 college girls has it!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Something like 70% of sexually active people have HPV even though most never show any symptoms and never know that they have it.  You also stop being contagious after a few years.  I'll leave out how I know that.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

"Many people infected with HPV have no symptoms."

www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/stdhpv.htm

eta:
"HPV has no known cure."
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Something like 70% of sexually active people have HPV even though most never show any symptoms and never know that they have it.  You also stop being contagious after a few years.  I'll leave out how I know that.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Just pour vinegar on your tallywacker and spare us all the pictures.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

According to the CDC no tests are available for men...Funny, I didn't think that was the case.

www.cdc.gov/std/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm

ETA...If you get warts don't have them drip acid on your junk....Freezing works better.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+21048320974209374029374023947032947032470239

HPV will stay in your system FOREVER.  Women will get HPV changes in their paps YEARS after exposure.  

You can get GC and chlmydia from a BJ.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to the CDC no tests are available for men...Funny, I didn't think that was the case.

ETA...If you get warts don't have them drip acid on your junk....Freezing works better.

Actually it doesnt.  Lasering, freezing, burning will not eradicate the virus and they will return.  The best method is ALDARA if it works.   The cure is permanent and will last a lifetime.  Its interesting that they dont fully understand how it works.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I keep hearing on loveline that there's supposed to be a vaccine coming out for genital warts (actually it's designed for something else, but supposedly works for warts as well).
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Does it Burn when you pee?

HPV is the gift that keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually it doesnt.  Lasering, freezing, burning will not eradicate the virus and they will return.  The best method is ALDARA if it works.   The cure is permanent and will last a lifetime.  Its interesting that they dont fully understand how it works.  

I went both ways back in grad school..several times with acid with no luck..One freezing treatment stopped it cold ..this was back in the early 90's..with no outbreaks since then..That's just one story I know but Its my story and I'm sticking to it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Many people infected with HPV have no symptoms."

www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/stdhpv.htm

eta:
"HPV has no known cure."

I think there are dozens of different strains of HPV also.  Most of which are harmless.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I went both ways back in grad school..several times....

Uhhh   you said it... I'm just quoting
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
are there any STD's out there that you can carry but show no symptoms, I just had a full army physical with blood work and urinalysis everything was good. But about 8 months prior I received a BJ from a skanky broad the other girls since were all clean.

anything to worry about or am i ok? i have been hearing alot about that HPV...

Are there green stains on the tops of your shoes?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I went both ways back in grad school..several times....

Uhhh   you said it... I'm just quoting

Oh Thanks alot!!..Its hard enough admitting to a bunch of strangers I had an STD once
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I give up.

What's "HPV", exactly? Short version, please.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I think most if not all of the STD's can be carried and transmitted without you actually showing symptoms.

That is the trap!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#31]
My favorite is Syphilis.
If you don't notice the first signs....and then miss the second signs,  little redness to the palms and soles of the feet, and you don't treat it, then you get tertiary syphilis and go insane when you are older.
My second favorite is, and I forgot the exact letters and numbers from nursing school micro...let's just say LMV1 and 2. These are viruses that are body fluid transmitted and cause cancer in 20-40 years! Really . Oh yeah...the blood banks don't test for them either! ( again).
And by the way every STD can be carried and not noticed...especially by someone in denile!
Let's all have fun out there, shall we.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I give up.

What's "HPV", exactly? Short version, please.

Human papillomavirus

Human papillomavirus: HPV. A family of over 100viruses including those which cause warts and are transmitted by contact. Some types of HPV are associated with tumors of the genital tract including, notably, cancer of the cervix.

Of the more than 100 types of HPVs, over 30 types can be passed from one person to another through sexual contact. Most genital HPV infections come and go over the course of a few years. However, sometimes HPV infection may persist for many years, with or without causing cellular abnormalities.

The majority of HPVs produce warts on the hands, fingers, and even the face. Most of these viruses are thus innocuous, causing nothingmore than cosmetic concerns. HPVs also can cause painful plantar warts (on the sole of the foot).

Several types of HPV, however, are confined primarily to the moist skin of the genitals, producing genital warts and markedly elevating the risk for cancer of the cervix.

Genital warts (technically known as condylomata acuminatum) are most commonly associated with two HPV types, HPV-6 and HPV-11. The warts may appear within several weeks after sexual contact with a person who is infected with HPV, or they may take months or years to appear, or they may never appear. HPVs may also cause flat, abnormal growths in the genital area and on the cervix (the lower part of the uterus that extends into the vagina). However, HPV genital infections usually cause no symptoms.

HPVs are now recognized as the major cause of cervical cancer. HPVs may play a role in cancers of the anus, vulva, vagina, and some cancers of the oropharynx (the middle part of the throat that includes the soft palate, the base of the tongue, and the tonsils). Infection with HPV is also a risk factor for penile cancer (cancer of the penis).

Some types of HPVs are referred to as "low-risk" viruses because they rarely cause cancer. HPVs that are more likely to lead to the development of cancer are referred to as "high-risk." Both low- and high-risk types of HPVs can cause the growth of abnormal cells, but generally only the high-risk types of HPVs may lead to cancer.

Sexually transmitted, high-risk HPVs include types 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, 68, 69, and possibly a few others. These high-risk types of HPVs cause growths that are usually flat and nearly invisible, as compared with the warts caused by types HPV-6 and HPV-11.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, that's absolute bullshit. Seriously. Some of those viruses are less virulent than others.
WOW...denile isn't just a river in Egypt.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You're a sick pup.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Dude, you've got to give us some stories!  Personally, I saw in med school:

1)  19 y/o guy with genital warts all around his anus like flower petals, each about an inch long.  He swore up and down that he wasn't gay.  He told us and his father he got it during some 'fraternity hazing ritual'.  

2)  About a pound (maybe more) worth of anal warts around the anus of a state prisoner.  

3)  Watched laser treatment of large labial warts on a prostitute.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1)  19 y/o guy with genital warts all around his anus like flower petals, each about an inch long.  He swore up and down that he wasn't gay.  He told us and his father he got it during some 'fraternity hazing ritual'.  

2)  About a pound (maybe more) worth of anal warts around the anus of a state prisoner.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3)  Watch
ed laser treatment of large labial warts on a prostitute.  

We had a chck who had to have a c-section because her cat was clogged up with warts. (no pre-natal care of course).
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#38]
WTF ever happened to the clap?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

3)  Watch
ed laser treatment of large labial warts on a prostitute.  

We had a chck who had to have a c-section because her cat was clogged up with warts. (no pre-natal care of course).

They can get rather large.

We had one woman with what looked like a cauliflower growing between her legs.  It was a full headed cauliflower and not a little spear.  It was FUCKING HUGE!  She came to the ER for treatment.  My question to her was didnt you notice something was growing between your legs?  She said maybe.  But didnt bother with it because she was busy.  She needed surgery because she couldnt pee.

Another that looked like one of the Japanese fans the Samurai had.  Almost as big.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#40]

HPV cannot live in the oro-pharynx, so you are safe there.  

You can get the Herp on the 'ol tally wacker from somebody's lip sore!
I heard tell that Herpes was almost unheard of on the genitals until soon after Vietnam.
Maybe one of the doc can tell us if it true, and if so, was it su*ky suc#y or the free love movement?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
HPV cannot live in the oro-pharynx, so you are safe there.  

You can get the Herp on the 'ol tally wacker from somebody's lip sore!
I heard tell that Herpes was almost unheard of on the genitals until soon after Vietnam.
Maybe one of the doc can tell us if it true, and if so, was it su*ky suc#y or the free love movement?

BS

Dont know where yuu got that from.  HPV can live in any tissue.   We have had kids born that get HPV infections in their eyes, nose and mouth and later get growths on them.

Doctors now take extra precaution when lasering the warts because they have found that breathing in the vapors were causing gential warts to grow in the nostrils of the staff.

Your mouth, lungs, nose are mostly covered with mucosal tissues and are very vulnerable to infection.  Why dont you get gonorrhea on your hand?  Because there is usually no way for the bacteria or viruses to get in.  Unless your skin is broken.  Most pathogens need a wet open area to get into the body.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

thought that was crabs
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:38:10 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.  Well, you can find out someone's HIV, syphyllis, Hep B and C status.  But not HPV, Herpes, gonorrhea or chlamidia.

For chlamydia, there is a "urine PCR" test now, which has about an 88% true-positive rate.

For herpes, there are blood tests which will show whether or not you have antibodies to either HSV1 or HSV2.  Testing positive just means you've been exposed, not that you actually have herpes (hmm, I'm not so sure I believe that, but that's what the physician told me).  Testing negative means you have (almost certainly) never gotten it.  (I just got tested recently, and it came back negative, w00t!)

There's another recently discovered STD, which for some bizarre reason they've named "mollusca", or "the clam" for the slang name.  (This sounds like I'm joking, but I'm not, it's quite real.)  The main symptom is a hard nodule underneath the skin, which people claim looks like a little clam buried under sand or some such nonsense.  There is no blood test for it, although they can be frozen off.  The disease has no known serious effects (doesn't cause sterility, or blindness in babies, or cancer, or anything like that), although it does apparently have the interesting side effect of increasing libido (horniness).  There is even a subculture that has sprung up to get people to transmit the disease because of this side effect.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I keep hearing on loveline that there's supposed to be a vaccine coming out for genital warts (actually it's designed for something else, but supposedly works for warts as well).

Not exactly.  Merck has a vaccine, er, I guess really two vaccines, against the two strains of HPV which commonly cause cervical cancer.  The vaccines only work in women, but appear to protect them nearly 100%.  Unfortunately, the vaccines don't seem to work for men at all.

Note that these two HPV strains also cause some penile and oral cancers.

These vaccines don't do anything to protect against the other few dozen HPV strains.  Women will still be able to catch and transmit most strains of HPV, just not the two that cause the vast majority of cervical cancers.  Vaccines for the others might get worked on eventually.

I've been told that the strains which cause the enormous cauliflower-like growths that certain gross-out types have been posting above are not the two strains that the vaccines prevent.

The vaccines should be getting approval next year, IIRC.  I think I remember reading that they're recommending the vaccines for girls at about twelve years of age.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
are there any STD's out there that you can carry but show no symptoms, I just had a full army physical with blood work and urinalysis everything was good. But about 8 months prior I received a BJ from a skanky broad the other girls since were all clean.

anything to worry about or am i ok? i have been hearing alot about that HPV...

There are diseases you can catch with no immediate symptoms and even negative blood tests. HIV tests don't always catch positives, though they usually do.

If you are worried, have another series of tests done (specify that you want to be checked out for STDs) and then if clean, stop letting skanks give you BJs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alrighty!!

First there was the story about the spider in the ear.

Then the story about the fat guy who is sh*tting in his pants at work.

Then you have to go and post about somebody who has a POUND of anal warts!!

Thank you EVER so much ARFCOM!!!

I am now completely unable to touch food, and I just threw up in my mouth a little.

you people suck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:04:54 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

We had one woman with what looked like a cauliflower growing between her legs.  It was a full headed cauliflower and not a little spear.  It was FUCKING HUGE!  She came to the ER for treatment.  My question to her was didnt you notice something was growing between your legs?  She said maybe.  But didnt bother with it because she was busy.  She needed surgery because she couldnt pee.

Another that looked like one of the Japanese fans the Samurai had.  Almost as big.

SHUTUP!!! SHUT THE ^*@$&!@#^ UP ALREADY!!! STOP SAYING THIS SICK ^!$^@!&@!!!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO PUKE ON MY KEYBOARD, DAMMIT!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SHUTUP!!! SHUT THE ^*@$&!@#^ UP ALREADY!!! STOP SAYING THIS SICK ^!$^@!&@!!!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO PUKE ON MY KEYBOARD, DAMMIT!!!

You want some cheese with that whine, girlyman?

Quit reading the damned thread. Go have some cauliflower for lunch.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:10:42 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You want some cheese with that whine, girlyman?

Quit reading the damned thread. Go have some cauliflower for lunch.

Everyone, no matter how tough, has something that completely grosses them out.

ANAL WARTS just must be my trigger.

If I could, I would upchuck on your shoes.

I was already feeling sick, but now I am really ready to vom.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
all i have to say is greg you come up with some off the wall ?

and i would love to have a beer with you some day

It sounds like he is into chicks man....guess you are SOL.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top