Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 6:41:53 PM EDT
Should I uninstall the Zone Alarm firewall since I'm using the firewall in XP?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself some better protection with a hardware firewall. It does not take resources and serves to better protect your pc. Routers are also really cheap these days.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree but one with SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) - and they ain't that cheap.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I ditched zonelabs from my gf's computer when I installed SP2 on it.

I disabled XP firewall on my machine, since I am running Norton Firewall.

BTW, did you know there is a forum dedicated to questions like this one?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm using Zone Alarm in conjunction to a Linksys BEFSR81 router just so I can tell when applications attempt to make a connection to the net. I guess since I now have the XP firewall enabled I can uninstall Zone Alarm, right? Will the XP firewall pop up a message when applications attempt to connect to the net?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I started with ZoneAlarm a couple years ago and had the oppurtunity to add a Netscreen 5XP. I just installed SP2 a couple of weeks ago and decided to let all three run. I know it's overkill, but no problems to date.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I started with ZoneAlarm a couple years ago and had the opportunity to add a Netscreen 5XP. I just installed SP2 a couple of weeks ago and decided to let all three run. I know it's overkill, but no problems to date.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top