Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2006 6:33:26 AM EDT
By John Ross, author of Unintended Consequences.    Apparently he's been around this from the beginning.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/1560258748/ref=pe_5050_3127170_pe_snp_748
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to know more about this, I've read UC several times and it's a great read.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 6:42:22 AM EDT
[#2]
"Customers who bought items like this also bought
Failed States: The Abuse of Power and the Assault on Democracy by Noam Chomsky
Armed Madhouse: Who's Afraid of Osama Wolf?, China Floats, Bush Sinks, The Scheme to Steal '08,No Child's Behind Left, and Other Dispatches from the Front Lines of th by Greg Palast
Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq by Stephen Kinzer
American Theocracy: The Peril and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil, and Borrowed Money in the 21stCentury by Kevin Phillips
The War Against Oblivion: The Zapatista Chronicles (The Read & Resist Series) by John Ross "

Link Posted: 10/14/2006 6:59:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"Customers who bought items like this also bought
Failed States: The Abuse of Power and the Assault on Democracy by Noam Chomsky
Armed Madhouse: Who's Afraid of Osama Wolf?, China Floats, Bush Sinks, The Scheme to Steal '08,No Child's Behind Left, and Other Dispatches from the Front Lines of th by Greg Palast
Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq by Stephen Kinzer
American Theocracy: The Peril and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil, and Borrowed Money in the 21stCentury by Kevin Phillips
The War Against Oblivion: The Zapatista Chronicles (The Read & Resist Series) by John Ross "

Saw that.  Didn't really surprise me.  A blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut..  This book seems to be a departure but I sincerely doubt he's in league with Chomsky or Palast.  Besides, he used the word neo-liberal in a perjorative way and he's talking about Mexico.  Hardly a real capitalist economy, it's more like a fiefdom of uncles and cousins.

What brought it to my atention was I got an email from Amazon that mentioned that I'd bought UI and was I interested in another book by Ross.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Apparently there are two John Ross's.  One's a libertarian (the Unintended Consequences author) and the other a communist sort (hence the Zapatista connection).  Sorry for the confusion but the information on these two was fairly scarce.  One reviewer mentioned the difference and so I checked it out.  Neither used a middle initial.

Here's the site for the author of UC.   www.john-ross.net/ross_in_range.htm  I think he's planning another book.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top