Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2006 5:33:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/31/2006 8:54:36 AM EST by nightstalker]
By John Ross, author of Unintended Consequences. Apparently he's been around this from the beginning.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/1560258748/ref=pe_5050_3127170_pe_snp_748
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:38:14 AM EST
I'd like to know more about this, I've read UC several times and it's a great read.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:42:22 AM EST
"Customers who bought items like this also bought
Failed States: The Abuse of Power and the Assault on Democracy by Noam Chomsky
Armed Madhouse: Who's Afraid of Osama Wolf?, China Floats, Bush Sinks, The Scheme to Steal '08,No Child's Behind Left, and Other Dispatches from the Front Lines of th by Greg Palast
Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq by Stephen Kinzer
American Theocracy: The Peril and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil, and Borrowed Money in the 21stCentury by Kevin Phillips
The War Against Oblivion: The Zapatista Chronicles (The Read & Resist Series) by John Ross "

Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:59:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:
"Customers who bought items like this also bought
Failed States: The Abuse of Power and the Assault on Democracy by Noam Chomsky
Armed Madhouse: Who's Afraid of Osama Wolf?, China Floats, Bush Sinks, The Scheme to Steal '08,No Child's Behind Left, and Other Dispatches from the Front Lines of th by Greg Palast
Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq by Stephen Kinzer
American Theocracy: The Peril and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil, and Borrowed Money in the 21stCentury by Kevin Phillips
The War Against Oblivion: The Zapatista Chronicles (The Read & Resist Series) by John Ross "

Saw that. Didn't really surprise me. A blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.. This book seems to be a departure but I sincerely doubt he's in league with Chomsky or Palast. Besides, he used the word neo-liberal in a perjorative way and he's talking about Mexico. Hardly a real capitalist economy, it's more like a fiefdom of uncles and cousins.

What brought it to my atention was I got an email from Amazon that mentioned that I'd bought UI and was I interested in another book by Ross.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:53:18 AM EST
Apparently there are two John Ross's. One's a libertarian (the Unintended Consequences author) and the other a communist sort (hence the Zapatista connection). Sorry for the confusion but the information on these two was fairly scarce. One reviewer mentioned the difference and so I checked it out. Neither used a middle initial.

Here's the site for the author of UC. www.john-ross.net/ross_in_range.htm I think he's planning another book.
Top Top