Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2023 12:56:47 PM EDT
Apparently ZS offered the project to KK/Lucasfilm/Disney but was thoroughly rejected.
I'm not a SW fan, but I did like ZSJLA.
I would like to see SW Disney die off completely.

Rebel Moon | Official Teaser Trailer | Netflix

Rebel Moon Trailer Netflix Breakdown and Zack Snyder Star Wars Movie Easter Eggs

Exclusive: Netflix Believes Rebel Moon is a Zack Snyder Star Wars Killer -- Major Investment Coming!

VP
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks real good.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Just saw a review saying that this movie is a disappointment with the usual Zach Snyder blind spots - poor character development and dialogue and cliched plot points.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm watching it now, so far I'm "In!!"
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
We watched it the other night.  I was so excited for this movie. What a total let down.

- the female lead is just not a good actress.  Very few women do great as an action lead without what I call the “Michelle Rodriguez” over the top acting. This one is a carbon copy of Rodriguez, just bad.

- the story line made no sense at all.  Intergalactic evil bad guys are worried about grain? Why that?  

- every character was shallow and cliched.  What was the Prince guy always shirtless. Why was he needed? They spent so much needed time with him taming the griffin (that had nothing to do with the show at all) you have no idea who he is or what he brings to the table.

- the special effects were sub par.  It looked like a bad sci-fi channel Katie Sackoff series. I can get past bad cgi but if the whole movie is cgi and no story it’s a bummer.

- the movie was a bad rip off of so many other movies.  Why are the bad guys always dressed like nazis?  I swear they stole an orc costume from Lord of the Rings and Charlie Humman( how ever you spell it) accent was hideous.  Why not just use your real accent?
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
It was a POS and by the end I was pissed for having wasted the time.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Rebel Moon - A Galactic Disappointment
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm about halfway through it. It makes an acceptable thing to watch on the tablet for treadmill incline walks with a plate carrier.  I wasn't expecting anything fantastic, just something I wouldn't have to pay much attention to.  Zack Snyder makes a lot of things that could be great if someone else took the idea and budget.

It's like Star Wars, Riddick, Firefly, and Battle of the Planets Beyond the Stars had a baby.

So far we've got the former Imperial officer, the smuggler with a heart of gold, the imperial robot that joins the rebels, the wide eyed farm boy, and the mystic warrior criminal.

Just need a cowboy with a belt buckle that makes drinks.

ETA the correct title of the space movie, not the G Force cartoon.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 12:58:59 AM EDT
[#8]

I'm not big on Sci-fi but damn that was good. Can't wait for Part 2.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I will watch almost anything sciFi, even stuff not in English if I've run out of everything else.
I thought it was fine. I don't watch youtube reviews because they will pick apart and find hidden meaning in absolutely anything.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Netflix?  No thanks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Ended up losing interest. I tried to give it a chance, and there’s a lot of things that are almost there. But so many more that aren’t.

Those who like it, I’m glad.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Absolute cliché bullshit.  
Don’t waste your time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I liked it.  

There was a mix of Star Wars and Serenity but it turned out good.  There was even a little bit of Star Trek (that transport system that sent the admiral's mind to talk with the leader).

I'm expecting that they keep the same level of Part 1 in Part 2.  This story could even go a lot further if it doesn't go woke like Star Wars.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top