Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2002 8:54:44 PM EDT
got a line on a yugo sks for 200.00??? i know dick about SKS's.  does this seem o.k.?  i have 3 ars, a shitload of handguns, just wanted to buy an sks.  the bore was good, everything else seemed mint, i'd definately put a replacement aftermarket stock on it.  
how do the yugoslavians stak up to say, the russian    (forget chicoms)
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The ones I've seen are in marginal condition, at best. They've obviously seen a lot of HARD use, but if the one you're thinking about is in that good a shape, hell, get it. Another gun sure ain't gonna hurt.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
$200 for one in good condition sounds good.  AIM's latest flyer advertises them for $200 plus shipping for one in excellent condition.  Typically, AIM understates the condition.  My great-nephew paid only about $130 for one yesterday.  Of course, there was a reason for the cheap price.  The barrel is almost completely shot-out and rusty.  The chamber looks like it was finished by an angry beaver at CAI.  It came from Interordnance, and they sold it as "new and unissued."  It's a strange coincidence that the last barrel I bought from I/O was so shot-out that there wasn't even any evidence that the barrel was ever rifled.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top