Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2003 5:49:35 PM EDT
Is there still any sort of wiseguy groups in the NE/NYC? Not counting the drug dudes, they're a dime a dozen.

I mean some sort of "Sammy the Bull" wannabe.

Just wondering.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Heh, you think if anyone knew of one, at all, they'd say something on the internet?

There probably is. Hell, there most likely is. Between the Russians, Italians, Haitians...hell, name the group, they got an underground gang somewhere doing something. It's just the way things are around here. *shrug*
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt you'd be getting any New Yorkers to say much of anything right now.  They are most likely in shock after tonight's baseball game.

Go Marlins!
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Umm.. What baseball game?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It's football season already.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 3:00:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's football season already.

I would think "youse giez" would want to forget about football season too with the Giants at 2-3, the Bills at 3-3 and the Jets at 1-4.

There is always pre-season basketball and hockey though.  The Nicks just won their 1st pre-season game and have a record of 1-5.  The Islanders are 4-2 and Rangers are 4-0.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:52:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is there still any sort of wiseguy groups in the NE/NYC? Not counting the drug dudes, they're a dime a dozen.

Just wondering.

My perception from 5 months here off & on

... Sometimes whilst wandering through Little Italy, you get the feeling the presence is still there. Maybe not as thick as in the past, but you'll see whole sections of the swanky Italian restaurants roped off and reserved for "La Familia".

... I still think the unions here have a strong influence on how (or even if) business is conducted in the city. The irony is, these days their tentacles reach deep into laws we concocted ourselves regarding things like refuse and haz-mat disposal. It my belief NYPD and FDNY even have unofficial ties at some levels.

... Not like it's all a bad thing, it's just different than it was in the 60's.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Just wondering.

Whats it to you?!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Whats it to you?!

Curiosity, nothing more. I can speak intelligently on the South or guns that I see in the movies but I know next to nothing about NYC & the mob.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Fugeddaboudit...
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd think not, simply because after the absolute farce of a World Series, neither the Yankees or the Marlins have had any players "disappear".....

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Come up here and find out. Youse ain't scared now are ya?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whats it to you?!

Curiosity, nothing more. I can speak intelligently on the South or guns that I see in the movies but I know next to nothing about NYC & the mob.

Its a known fact that all of us NYers carry razors in our socks and are tied to some form of orgainized crime. Irish,Italian,Jews,Blacks,we are a bunch of equal opportunity gangsters, but please feel free to come visit us and share in our precious bounty we call New York.

Just kiddin Bro Im just bustin your shoes.
Yes the Mob is still around just Low Key thats all.
Yall come back now ya hear!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry BobCole,

What a ridiculous question!

Why you askin?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't nobody know nothin'.
Oh, by the way, meet your new room-mate:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top