Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2001 2:27:50 PM EDT
I had a bud come over a night ago about 11:00pm after he finally passed his nics after 3 days with his freshly picked up 700 pss hoping I'll be awake long enough to help him mount a scope(He is practically loaded with money a firearms newbie and wanted my opinion on a good deer rifle so naturally a pss was my good suggestion!) Well anyway I live in a highrise and he had to walk through the lobby and ride the 'vators to get to me, he gets in here and just has it slung over his shoulder no case or anything, I'dve preferred he had it cased soas not to freak out neighbors, but it did get me thinking and I asked if security said anything to him, nope.

Here's what I wonder, part of me says that thats the way it should be, just because a person has a gun is no reason to harass them thinking they are a criminal, but another part of me wonders why we give Pinkerton half a mill every so often to keep guards here, maybe they could have called me "Mr. Meiers, theres a strange man with a gun here to see you" "Oh let him on in!" Or maybe they were just scared, they are unarmed even though most of them I've talked to has the cert and is paid cert'ed rates, everytime I've ever brought up in hoa meetings arming the guards people freak!
Whats the point of paying that kind of cash for a professional-911-dialer??? Dumbass liberals.

I get bad enough looks from people just carrying cased weapons or having a bulge in my back down the elevators to the garage a quarter of a mile away.

Link Posted: 3/2/2001 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Whats the point of paying that kind of cash for a professional-911-dialer??? Dumbass liberals.
View Quote

Lol.  Typically though, the rich liberals demand that they have armed security guards, but then aren't willing to allow the less forutnate the luxury and god-given right of defending themselves.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps you would feel more comfortable in a state where restrictions on open carry are more severe.

Why should they harrass him what laws was he breaking.

Maybe your neighbors are not scared because they are packin better heat than some bolt action hunting rifle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, i must know. whats the "mall ninja" i hear about from time to time?
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

www.geocities.com/suketh.geo/gun/mall_ninja.html

Link Posted: 3/2/2001 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

www.geocities.com/suketh.geo/gun/mall_ninja.html

Link Posted: 3/2/2001 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]
After being entertained there, read his debut here, at: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=5967#lastPost[/url]

And a fellow member of his elite brotherhood has a post here: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=6017#lastPost[/url]

All quite entertaining readin', if I do say so myself.[:D]

Adam
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top