Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 11:16:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You can also get really high from...err....no no, never mind.......
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#3]
So what you're saying is you decided to read the back of the can of spray paint to get tips on how to clean it.  

Been doing this for years.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an easier solution...

Just go to the paint dept at Home Depot, Auto Zone, etc and pull off all the spare nozzles you need from the cans on the shelves.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have a nozzle that's really clogged, soak it in carb cleaner. Then pull one strand from a wire brush and use that to poke the dried paint out of the nozzle.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I just throw the cans into the fire when I'm done with them. Makes for a nice boom.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just throw the cans into the fire when I'm done with them. Makes for a nice boom.

Phillistine! Save them for the range.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...(the plastic tubs chicken livers come in)...

Admit it, its really the chicken livers that turn you on. Painting is just and excuse.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
(be careful not to let it backspray into your eyes though!) .  

Oh my Gawd!! I was cleaning the firing pin channel on a 1911 using gunscrubber one time and I wasn't prepared for the velocity. Some came straight back out of the channel and went into my eye. It burned like a mother........ I dropped everything and ran to the kitchen and started flushing my eye like crazy for 10 minutes. It felt like my eye was dissolving right there in my head. So after I could sorta see after awhile I went back determined to be more careful. I held the slide at a different angle and pushed the button on the gunscrubber...........yeowwwww, drop everything and run back to the kitchen with both eyes clamped shut and dissolving in my head and spend the next 10 minutes flushing both eyes. I felt and still feel like an idiot.

I got paint stripper in my eye, I ran blindly into the bathroom to rinse my eye, well I hit the faucet really hard(have a scar) and kinda knocked me out face first into a sink full of water
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
(be careful not to let it backspray into your eyes though!) .  

Oh my Gawd!! I was cleaning the firing pin channel on a 1911 using gunscrubber one time and I wasn't prepared for the velocity. Some came straight back out of the channel and went into my eye. It burned like a mother........ I dropped everything and ran to the kitchen and started flushing my eye like crazy for 10 minutes. It felt like my eye was dissolving right there in my head. So after I could sorta see after awhile I went back determined to be more careful. I held the slide at a different angle and pushed the button on the gunscrubber...........yeowwwww, drop everything and run back to the kitchen with both eyes clamped shut and dissolving in my head and spend the next 10 minutes flushing both eyes. I felt and still feel like an idiot.

That's almost as bad as the guy who accidentally sprayed OC in his eyes while wearing contacts. Naturally, he removed the contacts, but when his eyes started feeling better, he put the same ones back in.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

When I was a kid we used to have a vacation house with no garbage pickup in the winter. My father used to burn the garbage in the fireplace and everyone was always careful to separate the cans and plastic stuff from the garbage we burned. One year my mother threw out an empty hairspray can in the garbage to be burned. I was quite impressed with the kaboom it made! It filled the  house with ashes too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So what you're saying is you decided to read the back of the can of spray paint to get tips on how to clean it.  

Been doing this for years.

You read directions?  

I do believe thats a "turn in your man card" offense IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top