Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 8:41:08 PM EDT
Get the fuck out. NOW!

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11324550/
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:36:19 AM EDT
[#1]

NEW ORLEANS - A judge denied a last-minute request Monday that would have forced the....

That's one of my pet peeves right there, you there bunch of other states and cities besides NO that got affected by Katrina, all you hear about though is NOLA.   I'm sick of hearing about NOLA.  I didn't give a rats behind about previous Mardi Gras they had and I won't oooh and ahhh when the 2006 one happens which will be all pimped up on the news because all the Katrina stories focus on NOLA of course.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Here in Atlanta they had yet another job fair.

They talked to about 6 people at the fair.  

This was their first time looking for a job since Katrina!!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:30:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel for those who for whatever reason couldn't make arrangements to be elsewhere before getting kicked out of their government-bought hotel rooms, but I'd be willing to bet many of those poeple haven't even tried to better their situation in the past 5 months. Did they think Uncle Sugar was gonna foot the bill forever? Oh... wait....that's EXACTLY what they thought!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I feel for those who for whatever reason couldn't make arrangements to be elsewhere before getting kicked out of their government-bought hotel rooms, but I'd be willing to bet many of those poeple haven't even tried to better their situation in the past 5 months. Did they think Uncle Sugar was gonna foot the bill forever? Oh... wait....that's EXACTLY what they thought!!!

why not think that? they have been getting tax payer funded handouts most of thier lives
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't kid yourself.  They (they being the self-proclaimed victims) are going to be extatic about this.  All it means is that the .gov is not going to cut checks to the hotels.  Individuals will now directly receive a check.  

Fucking animals need to be put down.  (The 6 month old victims who still can't help themselves, and every single person in the .gov who has a hand in this.)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone noticed that, if you feed animals in, say, your back yard they will keep returning and just stand there waiting for the next handout?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't kid yourself.  They (they being the self-proclaimed victims) are going to be extatic about this.  All it means is that the .gov is not going to cut checks to the hotels.  Individuals will now directly receive a check.  

Fucking animals need to be put down.  (The 6 month old victims who still can't help themselves, and every single person in the .gov who has a hand in this.)

This is what was said on the local radio news here also.  So instead of the govt. giving Hilton hotels the $6000 per month for that one hotel room they will now give that $6000 per month directly to the "victim" to do with as they please.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is what was said on the local radio news here also.  So instead of the govt. giving Hilton hotels the $6000 per month for that one hotel room they will now give that $6000 per month directly to the "victim" to do with as they please.  

6000 dollars a month!!!!!!!

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot
Over.

ETA-I means,wheres does I signs up?I done lived in Orlins afore da water came and warshed my house out ta see.Pleese sends me six tousand dollahs a month!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:10:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

NEW ORLEANS - A judge denied a last-minute request Monday that would have forced the....

That's one of my pet peeves right there, you there bunch of other states and cities besides NO that got affected by Katrina, all you hear about though is NOLA.   I'm sick of hearing about NOLA.  I didn't give a rats behind about previous Mardi Gras they had and I won't oooh and ahhh when the 2006 one happens which will be all pimped up on the news because all the Katrina stories focus on NOLA of course.

i AGREE WITH YOU.(damn caps lock) because I think that there are a lot of other places that got ruined
and no one gave them a single half a second of press or airtime.  Biloxi, MS, for example.  Gulfport, MS.  After Rita, Beaumont TX.  Anyone ever give them any press? Noooo.  

\
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i AGREE WITH YOU.(damn caps lock) because I think that there are a lot of other places that got ruined
and no one gave them a single half a second of press or airtime.  Biloxi, MS, for example.  Gulfport, MS.  After Rita, Beaumont TX.  Anyone ever give them any press? Noooo.  

Yeah, you're right but you have to remember those places are'nt the "Chocolate City"   So they're not important.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Government aid not support, If they cant get out and try to make a dif for themselves then I cant bring myself to feel bad. Maybe I can to Marti Gras on the cheap this year.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, you're right but you have to remember those places are'nt the "Chocolate City"   So they're not important.

Please tell me you're kidding right?

Don't get me wrong, one of our site staffers lived in NOLA at the time, witholding the name of course but seriously NOLA wasn't the only place that got hit.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, one of our site staffers lived in NOLA at the time, witholding the name of course but seriously NOLA wasn't the only place that got hit.  

I think he was being sarcastic.

I think.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Even better is the "I'm gonna be homeless!" wailing from the poor and downtrodden.  Listen close, dumbass - FEMA tried to put your ass on the road back in December, but extended the handout aid until now.  You have known this was coming since December but you wouldnt pry your fat ass off the hotel bed and make alternative arrangements.  TFB.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think.

Ya you're right.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, you're right but you have to remember those places are'nt the "Chocolate City"  hey

I think.

Ya you're right.

Sad how sarcasm often speaks the truth, huh?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Like I heard on the radio, all the surrounding states got trashed by a hurricane and the associated tidal surge.   New Orleans made it through the hurricane just fine, they got hit by a flood later, one they all knew would come.  SOmehow that is every other taxpayer's fault, though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#18]
So how do we end it, guys?  How do we get the American people informed and motivated?  Nothing will change if there is not a major push to end it.  It seems the American people (the actual workers/taxpayers) have been fucked so many times they've given up on ever changing anything.  I know I have.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Has anyone noticed that, if you feed animals in, say, your back yard they will keep returning and just stand there waiting for the next handout?

Thats what animals do! It is an insult to call them NOLA rejects animals! Animals don't deserve to be lumped with the lower life forms!

Any that were worth a damm went back already & are well on the way to rebuilding their lives,neighborhoods & city.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So how do we end it, guys?  How do we get the American people informed and motivated?  Nothing will change if there is not a major push to end it.  It seems the American people (the actual workers/taxpayers) have been fucked so many times they've given up on ever changing anything.  I know I have.

You can't end it.  The Governments "job" is to grow, taking more and more rights to make powers.  It also needs to tax more and more, to waste more and more money.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

About the only way to end this horseshit is if everyone with half a brain witholds their tax dollars.

Think about it, theres 10,000 trailers rotting away stuck in mud, so... they just gave the OK to order another 10,000 new unwrecked trailers to replace the fucked up ones. Ok, now pay attention here... the price of these trailers is $35,000...  a piece.  

This kind of waste has got to stop. We're paying for 20,000+ trailers that either, won't get used at all, or will be trashed the same as everything else the savages trashed.

Right now they can't find a community willing to let them set up trailer parks.. gee, i wonder why!

If we refuse to give them tax money, then we force change.  But we have to be a majority, if theres only 20 people willing to do it, they'll go to jail and have zero impact on anything.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Six thousand a month?
I assume that's tax free?
Christ...my math is pretty bad, but that is the equivalant of making 28 bucks an hour!
For no work!
WTF - Maybe hard work really is for suckers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Get the fuck out. NOW!

[/quote

God forbid you should lose eveything you accumulated in your life time. I wonder how you would feel if it happened to you. Would you still have this huge amount of animosity for your fellow Americans. Not all these people are scumbags. We can give billions and billions and billions of dollars a year in foreign aid but if your fellow Americans are in need all you can say is fuckem. Go figure.Again not all of the N.O. people are scumbags.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#24]
no, $6k/month is $34.61/hour!  and that is not including taxes!  it is really about $46/hr!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

God forbid you should lose eveything you accumulated in your life time. I wonder how you would feel if it happened to you. Would you still have this huge amount of animosity for your fellow Americans. Not all these people are scumbags. We can give billions and billions and billions of dollars a year in foreign aid but if your fellow Americans are in need all you can say is fuckem. Go figure.Again not all of the N.O. people are scumbags.

Sir,

1.  If it happens, it happens.  I have INSURANCE.
2.  Individuals that ABUSE the system are no more "my fellow Americans" than illegals.
3.  Never said they were.
4.  I don't agree with U.S.foreign aid policy either, but that is a completely different topic.
5.  I did not say fuckem.  I said "Get the fuck out."
6.  Again, never said they were.

Thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the fuck out. NOW!

[/quote

Ever hear of something called insurance?  It is to cover tragedies like this.  When I hit a deer with my car did I cry and scream about my lost possessions and demand the government bail me out?  No.  I filed a claim with my insurance company, got my car fixed, and I was on my way.  The people who have been milking the government since December aren't poor American's down on their luck.   They are lazy American's taking advantage of the system.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the fuck out. NOW!

[/quote

Perhaps they ALL are not scumbags, but your kind of thinking will bankrupt the US.  I lost EVERYTHING I owned in a tornado last year, and now have a job, a house, and nobody gives me  f***ing dime.  Cry me a river, and get off your ass and get a job.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the fuck out. NOW!

Ever hear of something called insurance?  It is to cover tragedies like this.  When I hit a deer with my car did I cry and scream about my lost possessions and demand the government bail me out?  No.  I filed a claim with my insurance company, got my car fixed, and I was on my way.  The people who have been milking the government since December aren't poor American's down on their luck.   They are lazy American's taking advantage of the system.

Your analogy sucks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Quoted:

God forbid you should lose eveything you accumulated in your life time. I wonder how you would feel if it happened to you. Would you still have this huge amount of animosity for your fellow Americans. Not all these people are scumbags. We can give billions and billions and billions of dollars a year in foreign aid but if your fellow Americans are in need all you can say is fuckem. Go figure.Again not all of the N.O. people are scumbags

Thanks for playing.

5. same difference
6.the insinuation is there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Six thousand a month?
I assume that's tax free?
Christ...my math is pretty bad, but that is the equivalant of making 28 bucks an hour!
For no work!
WTF - Maybe hard work really is for suckers.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

God forbid you should lose eveything you accumulated in your life time. I wonder how you would feel if it happened to you. Would you still have this huge amount of animosity for your fellow Americans. Not all these people are scumbags. We can give billions and billions and billions of dollars a year in foreign aid but if your fellow Americans are in need all you can say is fuckem. Go figure.Again not all of the N.O. people are scumbags

Thanks for playing.

5. same difference

5.  "fuckem" = fuck them / "Get the fuck out." = Leave, NOW!,  the gravy train stops here.  On       second thought, fuckem!

6.  Ass/U/Me

Insert 1 quarter to continue.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

About the only way to end this horseshit is if everyone with half a brain witholds their tax dollars.

Think about it, theres 10,000 trailers rotting away stuck in mud, so... they just gave the OK to order another 10,000 new unwrecked trailers to replace the fucked up ones. Ok, now pay attention here... the price of these trailers is $35,000...  a piece.  

This kind of waste has got to stop. We're paying for 20,000+ trailers that either, won't get used at all, or will be trashed the same as everything else the savages trashed.

Right now they can't find a community willing to let them set up trailer parks.. gee, i wonder why!

If we refuse to give them tax money, then we force change.  But we have to be a majority, if theres only 20 people willing to do it, they'll go to jail and have zero impact on anything.

What amazes me most is that they have already pointed out the waste and abuse and yet it still doesn't change.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the fuck out. NOW!

Perhaps they ALL are not scumbags, but your kind of thinking will bankrupt the US. I lost EVERYTHING I owned in a tornado last year, and now have a job, a house, and nobody gives me  f***ing dime.  Cry me a river, and get off your ass and get a job.  

Good for you ,you should be proud of yourself. It would be great if evryone was like you.
I don't think so but our defense budget just might.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the fuck out. NOW!

Perhaps they ALL are not scumbags, but your kind of thinking will bankrupt the US. I lost EVERYTHING I owned in a tornado last year, and now have a job, a house, and nobody gives me  f***ing dime.  Cry me a river, and get off your ass and get a job.  

Good for you ,you should be proud of yourself. It would be great if evryone was like you.
I don't think so but our defence budget just might.

ETA:

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for playing.

5. same difference

5.  "fuckem" = fuck them / "Get the fuck out." = Leave, NOW!,  the gravy train stops here.  On       second thought, fuckem!

6.  Ass/U/Me

Insert 1 quarter to continue.[/quote]
Thank-you I will.
6.  Ass/U/Me ???
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for playing.

5. same difference

6.  Ass/U/Me

Insert 1 quarter to continue.[/quote]
Thank-you I will.
6.  Ass/U/Me ???

6.  "insinuation" n.  an indirect (and usually malicious) implication

You are ASS/U/ME (-e +ing) that I mean something I am not saying.  We all know what happens when you assume.

GAME OVER
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Duh

Fuggem
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

So whats your solution? Just how long should these people be given a free ride? Don't you think that 5 months is more than adequate time to get back on your feet again and get off the gov't dime?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#39]

6.  Ass/U/Me ???

You are ASS/U/ME (-e +ing) that I mean something I am not saying.  We all know what happens when you assume.

GAME OVER

You sound like a typical redneck when called on your callous bullshit you are reduced to calling me a troll.Get a life.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the fuck out. NOW!

[/quote

Most of the NO people still in hotels some five months after the event ARE scumbags.  Sorry to rain on the feelgood parade, but the most devistated areas of NO were the shitty parts.. The parts that needed the fuckin bath anyway.  All katrina did was to add a nice excuse to people whose lives are built on excuses.  Check out the crime stats for NO vs. some of the larger texas cities recieving evacuees and you'll see what an upstanding segment of the population was relocated.

I've got a buddy who rode this shit out in Bay St. Louis, MS.  That fucking town is GONE, but within 24 hours of the water rolling back, there were people with chainsaws cutting routes, towing neighbors out with private vehicles, and generally attempting to put life back together.  Those people in the hotels largely are waiting for someone to put their life back together for them and it sounds like you're volunteering.  Meet you down there, I'm going for Mardi Gras.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#41]
This from the Fema.gov home page....the government has bought 10,000 of these mobile homes, and they're sitting empty in Hope, Arkansas because none of the "victims" want them.

Of course not. Hotels offer daily maid service.     Just amazing.

link
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the fuck out. NOW!

[/quote

come on dude, if they are still on the .gov teet now they are scumbags. The folks that lost everything used the help as intended, TO GET BACK ON THEIR FEET are long gone from the free ride on the taxpayers dime. I have no problem with immediate assistance. But almost 6 mos later and they have no interest in find a job and getting on with their lives, that describes scum. If they dont want to work for their necessities, then why am I being forced at gunpoint to pay?

6 MONTHS LATER?!?!?!?!?

gimme a break
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This from the Fema.gov home page....the government has bought 10,000 of these mobile homes, and they're sitting empty in Hope, Arkansas because none of the "victims" want them.

link

In-fucking-credible.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So whats your solution? Just how long should these people be given a free ride? Don't you think that 5 months is more than adequate time to get back on your feet again and get off the gov't dime?

I don't know what the answer is. Don't get me wrong I don't have sympathy for people abusing the system and taking advantage of peoples generosity.A lot of the hotel people could have already been on welfare and food stamps and have been getting a free ride for a long time but most of them at least had a roof over there head. I think part of the problem is the lack of communication of between the federal and local goverment as to providing temp housing.  There seems to be alot of empty FEMA trailers not being used because of lack of communication. Alot of those 9th Ward people will never move back. There is no quick fix. I know throwing people out on the street with no place to go is not the right answer. To me that is just encouraging them to steal what they need and commit other crimes. Last years hurricanes are going to impact this country for years to come. They can't be fixed be in 5 months. There are people still recovering hurricanes in 03.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

link

Funny.. Anderson Cooper had a bit in his blog about those 10k trailers.. He said they were not being used because FEMA does not consider them safe for use in flood plains.  I wonder which the real answer is.  We've got a press wonk trying to make it seem like a .gov blunder, and .gov trying to make it seem that it's anyone else's fault but theirs.

I wonder if this is the new face of disaster in America.. Everyone's so afraid of getting sued or being recorded looking like an ass that they've got no time to worry about little things like emergency aid.  From a societal viewpoint, it'd be strangely fitting.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
6.  Ass/U/Me ???

GAME OVER

You sound like a typical redneck when called on your callous bullshit you are reduced to calling me a troll.Get a life.i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/rufusrufgut/gasbuddy.gif

yep.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

link

Funny.. Anderson Cooper had a bit in his blog about those 10k trailers.. He said they were not being used because FEMA does not consider them safe for use in flood plains.  I wonder which the real answer is.  We've got a press wonk trying to make it seem like a .gov blunder, and .gov trying to make it seem that it's anyone else's fault but theirs.

I wonder if this is the new face of disaster in America.. Everyone's so afraid of getting sued or being recorded looking like an ass that they've got no time to worry about little things like emergency aid.  From a societal viewpoint, it'd be strangely fitting.  

Anderson Cooper is right....

www.kark.com/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=5789

A spokesperson for FEMA says many of the homes cannot be placed in floodplains, which include much of southern Louisiana.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll du troll

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I don't know what the answer is. Don't get me wrong I don't have sympathy for people abusing the system and taking advantage of peoples generosity.A lot of the hotel people could have already been on welfare and food stamps and have been getting a free ride for a long time but most of them at least had a roof over there head. I think part of the problem is the lack of communication of between the federal and local goverment as to providing temp housing.  There seems to be a lot of empty FEMA trailers not being used because of lack of communication. A lot of those 9th Ward people will never move back. There is no quick fix. I know throwing people out on the street with no place to go is not the right answer. To me that is just encouraging them to steal what they need and commit other crimes. Last years hurricanes are going to impact this country for years to come. They can't be fixed be in 5 months. There are people still recovering hurricanes in 03.

They could have come up with a solution to their housing problem by now. The fact they didn't shows they are milking the system. At some point, a persons unwillingness to help themselves removes them as being societies problem.

The hotel room IS the temporary housing. Whether there are empty trailers or not, it was that individuals responsibility to get themselves OUT of that hotel room. That doesn't mean into another government-provided solution ( the "temporary trailer housing").

If those people have no intention to move back to NOLA, then they need to get OUT of that hotel room into their own place whereever they have decided to settle down. They should stop sitting on their ass until they are forced onto the street. That is THEIR fault.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top