Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 9:18:28 PM EDT
And I bet most of you dislike gays, Arabs and fat people.  I know I do:

It is well known that people don't always 'speak their minds', and it is suspected that people don't always 'know their minds'. Understanding such divergences is important to scientific psychology.

This web site presents a method that demonstrates the conscious-unconscious divergences much more convincingly than has been possible with previous methods. This new method is called the Implicit Association Test, or IAT for short.

In addition, this site contains various related information. The value of this information may be greatest if you try at least one test first...

implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/selectatest.jsp
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
thank you.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Their test doesn't account for the fact that you get faster at their little games as time goes by. After you've done it for a while you get used to watching for dark/good/bad/light and make fewer mistakes/go faster.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Their test doesn't account for the fact that you get faster at their little games as time goes by. After you've done it for a while you get used to watching for dark/good/bad/light and make fewer mistakes/go faster.

I believe they say that altho you speed up generally, you still have a measurable difference in the time between your responses to different categories.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#5]
what was the username of that du guy who had a big "I'm leaving you're all racist bigots, I'm so cool I blended in and know what you're really like, etc." thread?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
what was the username of that du guy who had a big "I'm leaving you're all racist bigots, I'm so cool I blended in and know what you're really like, etc." thread?

Is he the one that went away and came back and then left again???
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, what a shocker.  I don't hate anyone, including jews or gays.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Judaism compared to Other Religions.

Well being that i just got back from a Jewish wedding and I have blood relatives who are Jews, And my two best friends are Shomer Shabbas. Yeah i guess that would be a correct assessment. Haaretz!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wow, what a shocker.  I don't hate anyone, including jews or gays.

The Judaism test is the only one where I've shown only a "slight" preference for the "good" group, in this case other religions.

Funny 'cause I just spent last night hanging out with my fat Jewish friend.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is he the one that went away and came back and then left again???

I think so.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Intresting.  No surprise that I prefer Bush over Lincoln.

-K
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Intresting.  No surprise that I prefer Bush over Lincoln.

-K

I hadn't done the Presidential one yet:

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Ronald Reagan compared to George W. Bush.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't think fat people are pretty, and though i'm generally tolerant, this whole thing with muslims going ape-shit over cartoons is making my patience wear thin...

I don't judge on skin color. I will respect a well dressed, well spoken black man just as much as any similiar dressed white man. I will look upon a white teenager or black teenager who is "thugged out" with the same amount of disrespect and ridicule.

I'm the new kind of gun owner. People for guns should focus on protecting our second ammendment rights... and not bring in their other political beliefs and bullshit to the table. It just happens to be so that currently, there is a disporportionate amount of idiots on the social left who don't look at the numbers when making judgements on firearms ownership, and a disporportionate amount of conservative dinosaurs who wish they were still in the 50s... no scratch that, the 1800s, when xenophobia was the order of the day.

Globalism and increasing civil liberties is the order of the day... and it does the firearms agenda no good to associate it with parochialistic attitudes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Your data suggest little or no association between African American and European American with Harmless Objects and Weapons.

It's like I tell people when they ask:
"I consider everyone equally worthless when I meet them until they prove to me otherwise."
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Good by
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hows this.  I am very honest in my attitudes.

I don't care what homosexuals do.  Its really none of my business.

I don't particularly like arabs, I absolutely don't trust arabs, but if they'd stop trying to kill us I'd be fine with live and let live.

I don't care about fat people and as long as I'm not sleeping with her, I don't care if she's built like the Goodyear Blimp.

By Arabs, do you mean Muslims?
Cause, here in America, most Arabs are Christians.
I'll give you a pass on your ignorance.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I don't think fat people are pretty, and though i'm generally tolerant, this whole thing with muslims going ape-shit over cartoons is making my patience wear thin...

I don't judge on skin color. I will respect a well dressed, well spoken black man just as much as any similiar dressed white man. I will look upon a white teenager or black teenager who is "thugged out" with the same amount of disrespect and ridicule.

I'm the new kind of gun owner. People for guns should focus on protecting our second ammendment rights... and not bring in their other political beliefs and bullshit to the table. It just happens to be so that currently, there is a disporportionate amount of idiots on the social left who don't look at the numbers when making judgements on firearms ownership, and a disporportionate amount of conservative dinosaurs who wish they were still in the 50s... no scratch that, the 1800s, when xenophobia was the order of the day.

Globalism and increasing civil liberties is the order of the day... and it does the firearms agenda no good to associate it with parochialistic attitudes.

Speaking of ignorance.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:04:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Hmmm...

Is it possible for me to be a sexist?

I COULD try....

Don't even have the energy to take a test now, I've been out partying with hetrosexual, white, english speaking, non muslims...

So...maybe I'l just tag this...MAYBE I'll get back to it tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hmmm...

I COULD try....

Don't even have the energy to take a test now, I've been out partying with hetrosexual, white, english speaking, non muslims...

So...maybe I'l just tag this...MAYBE I'll get back to it tomorrow.  

Actually, 50% of those who identified themselves as black showed an automatic preference for white people in the race associations test, so you could very well be a sexist.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Bleh, don't feel like taking any tests right now...

But I can say this, I've got nothing against any one group of people in particular, and being of mixed race & ethnicity as I am, I see things from a different perspective than most of ya...

I've got nothing against homos either, as long as it between consenting adults, it's really none of my damn business...

Now if Republicans would only fight gun control as much as they did gay marriage and bio-research...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:03:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmmm...

I COULD try....

Quit typing and make me a sammich.

Bitch!

Go change my oil!

NOW!! ----------->

eta:
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:03:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:08:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:38:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't discriminate, I hate everyone equally.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#27]
You have completed the Darker Skin-Lighter Skin IAT.
The line immediately below summarizes the results of your task performance.

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Light Skin and Dark Skin.

I'll have to try some other ones.

GM
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:19:13 AM EDT
[#28]
That test is bullshit. It has everything to do with repetition rather than recognition. I kept forgetting which side to hit when they switched it around.

Now I'm a white person who associates a black dude with a mace...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:27:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
That test is bullshit. It has everything to do with repetition rather than recognition. I kept forgetting which side to hit when they switched it around.

Now I'm a white person who associates a black dude with a mace...

Just finished the same test.  Those tests are bullshit.   I could make that same test say you prefer whites with weapons.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#32]
WTF?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top