Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/19/2016 10:31:38 AM EDT
if you started to receive attempts to have you change your vote, you receive threats, obscene calls, attempts at bribes to change your vote to anyone but Donald?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]
FOAD
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd tell em to kiss both sides of my ass.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Like these guys:

"Several things merit mentioning. First, you have every right to lobby an elector. I delight in receiving this type of communication from a fellow American," wrote L. Scott Mann, a Texas elector. "Second, this is not a pure democracy, it is a republic....Third, the Electoral College does not exist in order to give you a 'do over' because you don't like the results; it exists to preserve the nature of the republic.
He went on to add, "Your feelings notwithstanding, it is not my duty to care one whit what the plurality or majority of Americans want. My job is to represent the decision of the winning party in the Texas Presidential election. It's not that your feelings don't matter at all, they just don't matter here. The law and U.S. Constitution do.""

"Alex Kim, also of Texas said he was receiving "about 4,000 emails a day." He didn't sound angry, but annoyed because no one understands the rules. "There is no such thing as a national popular vote," he reminded. "The only vote that matters to me as a Texas Elector is the Texas vote. ... I respect your part in the political process, but frankly, since I am a Texas elector, the political opinions of non-Texas voters means nothing to me. I do not vote or get involved in your state, I am not sure why you are trying to interfere in mine."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/stop-expecting-electors-deny-donald-trump-presidency-article-1.2916005
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Go home and get your fucking shinebox.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#5]
lock and load
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd tell them I was seriously considering changing my vote for Trump, until I got this phone call/email/letter. It's just too much at this point. Now I'm back to being all in for Trump. Thanks for calling/writing/emailing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#7]
If possible, have the state police chase a couple of them down and prosecute them.

Word gets out fast that you are taking  no shit and that will stop most of it.

Incidentally Martin Sheen ought to be killed with fire for arocking an elector.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't respond at all. I'm not changing my vote, but there's nothing I could possibly say that would get them to shut up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#9]
How much is the bribe?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much is the bribe?
View Quote

buck fiddy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
if you started to receive attempts to have you change your vote, you receive threats, obscene calls, attempts at bribes to change your vote to anyone but Donald?
View Quote

No and I reload more ammo you can never have to much ammo.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#12]
If I had any decency, I'd vote for 
John Kasich.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Take the money and run
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm voting for Trump, deal with it. I'm asking you nicely to quit contacting me. Any further contacts will result in legal action. I will defend myself, my family and home with deadly force if necessary.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I would definitely get in touch with local authorities and Trumps people.
Have to assume the Obama JD isn't going to help me
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If I had any decency, I'd vote for 
John Kasich.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd just ignore them and possibly get a chuckle out of some of the email messages.  Any threats would be turned over to the appropriate authorities.  Besides, as a member of the electoral college, my duty would be to represent the voters in my state, not some cry babies from other states.  Sorry, I don't make the rules, I'm just a pawn in the game!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Like these guys:

"Several things merit mentioning. First, you have every right to lobby an elector. I delight in receiving this type of communication from a fellow American," wrote L. Scott Mann, a Texas elector. "Second, this is not a pure democracy, it is a republic....Third, the Electoral College does not exist in order to give you a 'do over' because you don't like the results; it exists to preserve the nature of the republic.
He went on to add, "Your feelings notwithstanding, it is not my duty to care one whit what the plurality or majority of Americans want. My job is to represent the decision of the winning party in the Texas Presidential election. It's not that your feelings don't matter at all, they just don't matter here. The law and U.S. Constitution do.""

"Alex Kim, also of Texas said he was receiving "about 4,000 emails a day." He didn't sound angry, but annoyed because no one understands the rules. "There is no such thing as a national popular vote," he reminded. "The only vote that matters to me as a Texas Elector is the Texas vote. ... I respect your part in the political process, but frankly, since I am a Texas elector, the political opinions of non-Texas voters means nothing to me. I do not vote or get involved in your state, I am not sure why you are trying to interfere in mine."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/stop-expecting-electors-deny-donald-trump-presidency-article-1.2916005
View Quote

pretty damn good response
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Like these guys:

View Quote

I'd add  that they should vote in local school board elections and demand that they put civics class back into the curriculum since they obviously didn't get that as part of their education.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#20]

I think the electors for hillary should flip their votes to Trump in support of their fellow electors...

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Tell them you take cash donations, then vote for Trump.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I would laugh in their face. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#24]
"I will follow the will of the majority of voters in the state that I am representing"
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would definitely get in touch with local authorities and Trumps people.
Have to assume the Obama JD isn't going to help me
View Quote

Obummer didn't have a justice department.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Tell them you take cash donations, then vote for Trump.
View Quote

Yep, setup a gofund me. Let them know when it hits x dollars (and x is a BIG number) that I will allow a vote to dictate my final choice. With proper wordsmithing they will think I mean to let them vote via poll or something, but what I actually mean is that the Nov 8 vote will dictate my choice. Get rich and do my job at the same time, win / win.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Just hearing talk of these "electors" thinking about changing their votes , or sitting it out, sends chills down my spine.

Its like I dont even know whos running this country anymore. Where do they get the Balls to think they know better then the People?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If possible, have the state police chase a couple of them down and prosecute them.

Word gets out fast that you are taking  no shit and that will stop most of it.

Incidentally Martin Sheen ought to be killed with fire for arocking an elector.
View Quote

He didnt do himself or his Hollywood friends any favors by addressing a Mrs as a Mr.  Lesson learned Martin brush up on your info before making a video..
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Take all the bribe money and then still vote for Trump!

No, actually, I would send them a note similar to some of the others explaining to them that they have me confused with somebody who actually cares whether they live or die let alone who they want me to vote for the college.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

buck fiddy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much is the bribe?

buck fiddy.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#32]

The only proper response.

They are traitors to the USA therefore they need to disappear.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Laugh while collecting their liberal tears to sell on ebay
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Show me the money.

Then FOAD!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm happy that liberals are educating themselves about how our system of government works. Their tears of grief also make me happy. Skimming through Twitter this morning has put me in a great mood.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Threats and bribes would be reported to FBI. Everything else just ignored.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#37]
I'd just delete the emails like all the other spam I get.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Dead silence on my part.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'd just ignore them and possibly get a chuckle out of some of the email messages.  Any threats would be turned over to the appropriate authorities.  Besides, as a member of the electoral college, my duty would be to represent the voters in my state, not some cry babies from other states.  Sorry, I don't make the rules, I'm just a pawn in the game!
View Quote

Mongo just pawn in game of life.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#40]
This is the first time I saw anyone say that you have the right to lobby an elector.

I do not accept that as factual at this time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Last week you were calling me an irredeemable ignorant racist, and now you're begging me to "vote my conscience".

How is that supposed to work?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I would have had a prepackaged response to anyone asking me to flip that goes something like this:

No.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#43]
*click*
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Threats and bribes would be reported to FBI. Everything else just ignored.
View Quote

Report Democrat corruption to the FBI? They didn't intend to threaten or bribe you. No fucks given.  

I'd be tempted to ask for a million in my account prior to voting, then still vote for Trump.

They want to play dirty, so will I.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
hide under my bed until tomorrow?
View Quote

Move over!!

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd guess that you have a right to lobby the electors. I'd also guess that they have a right not to be lobbied. It seems like your vote is your only way of lobbying that is supported by the law. It seems like it should be more like a jury, they are supposed to hear the trial and not be influenced outside of the court hearings. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Go home and get your fucking shinebox.
View Quote

That's a good way to get stabbed
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Threats are forwarded to local law enforcement, the Federal Beauru of Investigation, and news outlets.

Bribes would be openly accepted, but I would vote for Trump anyway.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top