Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/6/2006 11:06:24 AM EDT
www.kcci.com/news/5886347/detail.html

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Iowa's list of sites characterized as "critical assets'' by state homeland security officials has shrunk.

The Des Moines Register reports the list, which included nearly 12,000 potential terror targets reviewed by the newspaper last summer, has been pared to about 1,400.

The list is intended to be used by officials to pinpoint Iowa's most vulnerable sites. But homeland security chief David Miller said he has been frustrated by a lack of direction from the federal government and cooperation from some businesses.

Some national-security experts continue to question some of Iowa's choices, including a Krispy Kreme drive-through in the Des Moines area. Miller said food-borne illnesses are a concern.

But some observers said it's futile and wasteful to try to protect every site that makes a doughnut or raises a steer.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:12:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 11:12:29 AM EDT by 2IDdoc]
Yeah, I moved out of Iowa when I turned 18 and never looked back. It's going down hill pretty fast right now. Ever since the governor threw out the red carpet for illegal aliens I gave up hope for Iowa.

For some reason I doubt Iowa will be the focus of a terrorist strike.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:13:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bogz:
Some national-security experts continue to question some of Iowa's choices, including a Krispy Kreme drive-through in the Des Moines area.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:15:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ScienceDork:

Some national-security experts continue to question some of Iowa's choices, including a Krispy Kreme drive-through in the Des Moines area.

I guess they are letting the police choose the 'targets' again
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:15:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 11:17:34 AM EDT by Oslow]
Them sum-beeches had better not start blowing up the Krispy Kremes.

But then, our local Frito-Lay "corn handling facility" has security measures in place.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:18:00 AM EDT

a Krispy Kreme drive-through in the Des Moines area

No! Stop telling them all the good places to strike!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:20:41 AM EDT
Krispy Kreme is absolutely a critical asset! You have to protect it so that all of us LEO's and other public safety people have a reliable place for us to get the doughnuts that are very critical part of our job!! I am glad those in command understand this!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:51:46 AM EDT
MMMMMMMM.....Krispy Kreme law enforcement energy rings.....when they're hot, it's almost a sexual experience.

Terrorist target? Get over yourself.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:55:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 11:55:58 AM EDT by xinflt]

Originally Posted By RaynoEleven:
MMMMMMMM.....Krispy Kreme law enforcement energy rings.....when they're hot, it's almost a sexual experience.

Terrorist target? Get over yourself.

Uhhh... you're supposed to eat them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:09:45 PM EDT
Actually, if a terrorist were to introduce a biological or chemical agent into the doughnut supply in Iowa then it would undoubtedly effect a huge percent of the population and an inordinate number of first responders.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:11:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zatu:

a Krispy Kreme drive-through in the Des Moines area

No! Stop telling them all the good places to strike!

Are you kidding? I'd be inclined to give the sons of bitches a pat on the back. KK is the worst thing to ever come to doughnuts.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:11:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:17:44 PM EDT
Dayum! Thats only the tip of the iceburg! They could have suicide johns start going to brothels and infecting the "ladies" with venerial diseases as a form of bio war! Or they could start putting dangerous chemicals in street drugs so junkies have health problems! Or they could start infiltrating our auto industry to make our vehicles use more gas and roll over if they make a sharp turn at high speeds!

-K
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:26:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RaynoEleven:

Yes, they are. but when they get cold, they're just grease balls.
Top Top