Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 5:49:36 AM EDT
Take a look at the weapons in the photo's in the report and tell me why anyone in their right mind would try and pass through airport security with these firearms, not because he shouldn't have  a right to do so, but without serial numbers, and, according to New York Slimes report...a round in the chamber...and at JFK...and in NYC where Dictamayor Bloomberg is King George...in his mind.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/26/man-tries-checking-rifles-handguns-and-ammo-at-jfk-airport-things-didnt-go-so-well-for-him/

Good thing this 23 year old wasn't carrying a soft drink larger than 16 ounces!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:50:25 AM EDT
[#1]
CIA, FBI, NSA?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:52:04 AM EDT
[#2]
because people are stupid beyond comprehension
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Having a round in the chamber was dumb.

But IIRC...the TSA is not allowed to handle the firearms at all.  All they can do is check and make sure the firearm cannot come out of the case.

They have to call over and law-enforcement officer if they think something is suspect with said firearm...

ETA: spend money on a good case...that doesn't bend and can't be opened easily.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Take a look at the weapons in the photo's in the report and tell me why anyone in their right mind would try and pass through airport security with these firearms, not because he shouldn't have  a right to do so, but without serial numbers, and, according to New York Slimes report...a round in the chamber...and at JFK...and in NYC where Dictamayor Bloomberg is King George...in his mind.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/26/man-tries-checking-rifles-handguns-and-ammo-at-jfk-airport-things-didnt-go-so-well-for-him/

View Quote

Apart from the loaded weapon, tell me why ANY of the rest should even matter?

ZOMG111 His gun got no digits!  He needs NUMBERS!!  A gun with no numbers???
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:56:42 AM EDT
[#6]
You do realize that there are plenty of legal guns out there without serial numbers right?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Two of the "guns" don't even look real.Were they the ones with defaced numbers?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:01:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I want to know how the TSA agent came to find out there was a round in the chamber.  Unless it was showing...they had to handle the weapon..which is against policy...unless they called over a police officer...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I read about this elsewhere, as well.  The way it read at the other source (which escapes me at the moment,) the officials were claiming that the fact that the serial numbers had been painted over meant that they were "defaced."  I don't know which is the truth.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:05:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Home made recievers maybe? That would be my guess, an AK and AR aren't hard to get 80% recievers for...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:06:37 AM EDT
[#11]
He made the mistake of believing he lived in a free country.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You do realize that there are plenty of legal guns out there without serial numbers right?
View Quote

yup huge difference between no serial number and an obliterated serial number.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I want to know how the TSA agent came to find out there was a round in the chamber.  Unless it was showing...they had to handle the weapon..which is against policy...unless they called over a police officer...
View Quote

every time I have traveled with weapons, a TSA officer watched me clear the weapons and most of the time they looked in my chambers themsleves.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:11:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

THIS....
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

THIS....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS....

This happened long ago but was a lesson in just how far and deep,stupidity runs in the human race..

Many years ago after hunting deer in upstate New York; I was pulled over at a fish and game vehicle stop.

Some guy from Eastern Europe was also pulled over to have his deer and tags check when it was discovered that he had shot his deer with a machine gun.

He also had two suitcases in his trunk and when the game warden asked him what was inside  the suitcases, he replied "birds" and proceeded to open them up to show that they were both  full of tiny non game songbirds.

During bow season I've also seen dumbasses push arrows into rifle bullet wounds on their deer; exit wounds and all.

Yeah; plenty of  people are fucking idiots.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have never had that happen  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

every time I have traveled with weapons, a TSA officer watched me clear the weapons and most of the time they looked in my chambers themsleves.

I have in the past been asked to show a clear weapon....but no one at the airport - not the Airline -or- the TSA have ever handled my firearms - and they definitely have never inspected them for serial #'s.

That being said, if you're stupid enough to own a PURPLE BARNEY stock (and you self identify as a man), then you're probably stupid enough to roll through with a round in the chamber.  That's really the inexcusable part.  Not to mention -- who at this point is not aware of the draconian trampling of the 2A in NYC?   Bringing 15-rounders is like pouring fuel on the fire.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been specifically told NOT to touch my weapon when going through TSA lol.

Never been told to clear it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Cause it was antique that never had a serial number, or because it was an 80% build and the guy never press a serial number.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#20]

"This means that while weapons can sometimes be lawfully checked onto a flight destined for New York, gun owners can be arrested if they are caught with the weapons while visiting the city or at city airports when they try to check their weapons for outbound flights."

And this is why I fly out of Islip.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I wouldn't travel through JFK with any firearm…

I also wouldn't travel with a firearm that had no S/N.  Sure…its legal…but not worth the possibility of getting hassled over it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#22]
a completely chromed AR including the pistol grip and a purple AK, are those pics for real or was this a flash distortion of some type I have never seen before.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#23]
At the very least, the guy is guilty of bad-taste in firearm finishing
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Fast and Furious Part II
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#25]
false flag ops
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:04:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sir....because its occupied territory NYC, Dictamayor Bloomfart and the Progressive/Marxist/Fascist front...other than that...it really shouldn't matter
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:08:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Why is it when I fly with my firearms ( usually CO to FL ) they never even ask to look inside the case?

I guess in NY they like "fishing' via unconstitutional searches?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:17:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely Sir, but think about it...this is NYC, no one can even have a larger than 16 ounce soft drink...not FDNY, not the steel workers on top of high rise construction sites, no one, unless they are on Bloomberg's staff (many of whom are armed and with armed details), a lib member of the State and Fed gov or city council Progressive. Plastic cup ban, cigarettes and cigars, trans fats and cooking oil regulations, salt, sugars, walking on wrong side of street, even baby formula in hospitals...whats next? Clothing police?  

I'm being a wise ass here, but would you take a firearm and try and check it through security at a NYC airport knowing the Communist State there...and without first checking with the airlines, TSA and NY/NYC laws? I wouldn't. That's the point here. They want to be able to have those numbers to a person. Like a vehicle VIN number.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:22:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Based on the photos, it looks like a Mossberg 715, not a standard AR and a GSG AK-47 .22, which would both definitely have serial numbers. But those awesome paint jobs could very well have obscured them. Still not sure why they would even check for that sort of thing though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:23:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Absolutely Sir, but think about it...this is NYC, no one can even have a larger than 16 ounce soft drink...
View Quote

Wrong.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#32]
They didnt want anyone stealing the serial off of the gun?  Gotta protect your weapons from identity theft.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:24:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed. The "AR" has no mag well. Probably Airsoft. The "AK" appears to have a wooden receiver.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:25:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I stopped caring about the guy when I saw the hi-point.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:31:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I read about this elsewhere, as well.  The way it read at the other source (which escapes me at the moment,) the officials were claiming that the fact that the serial numbers had been painted over meant that they were "defaced."  I don't know which is the truth.
View Quote

The version that I read said that the "defaced" AK47 was painted purple (yes, it looks atrocious) and that constituted defacement of the serial numbers. Also, none of the firearms were actually loaded. They made that up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't flying out of Charlotte...  at least none of the times I have flown out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#38]
I recognize this one!  It's from the James Bond movie SilverFinger.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wouldn't travel through JFK with any firearm…

I also wouldn't travel with a firearm that had no S/N.  Sure…its legal…but not worth the possibility of getting hassled over it.
View Quote
Flew out of JFK with bolt guns and shotguns internationally.  No issues with the Port Authority.  No way would I go through there with a semi though
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Agreed. The "AR" has no mag well. Probably Airsoft. The "AK" appears to have a wooden receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking Mossberg AR 22
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARMSCORP 22 which appears to have been painted.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Umm, top get to the other side?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#43]
I've had the desk agents check my guns before
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top