Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 7:24:28 AM EDT

About a year ago I was at a local furniture store chatting with the owner and his right hand man, Mike. I knew the owner well, but I had never met Mike before. To be quite frank, Mike was the scariest looking motherphucker I think I've ever met: probably 6'2" 250 lbs. (all muscle!), big broad chest and shoulders, icy cold eyes that were almost bloodshot in color, and never EVER smiled. He could do serious damage. I remember being intimidated out of my mind when chatting, but all of it was subconcious- I didnt think much about the whole incident at the time.......

A few days ago, while watching a History Channel special on the US Navy SEALs I see Mike on TV. "Wait a second" I thought, "I know this guy!!!" To make a long story short the furniture store owner's right hand man was Mike Thorton one of the most decorated Navy SEALs to serve, Congressional Medal of Honor recipient, a living legend.....

http://www.mishalov.com/Thornton.html

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#1]
"Quiet Professionls". A true statement.

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:31:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"Quiet Professionls". A true statement.
View Quote

You got that right. Conversation was impossible with this guy...minimul answers to all your questions, never expands on anything you say, etc.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep! ya never know.... it's a small world too, once you've traveled a bit.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top