Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 3:42:00 AM EDT
We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God.  If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up.  Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of.  I hope I am one of those.  If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends.  Ya'll know who ya' are...

You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.    

You might be a redneck if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when    they play the National Anthem.

You might be a redneck if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You might be a redneck if: You've never burned an American flag.

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

God Bless the USA!

Git 'er done!!!!!!!!!!!!

echo6
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:17:25 AM EDT
[#1]
AMEN !!!!!!

Redneck and proud of it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
What if I'm some  of those but not all of them?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:38:43 AM EDT
[#3]
OMG I just realized I'm all of the above.  Does that make me the first Asian Redneck?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:10:24 AM EDT
[#4]
this redneck says "tack it"
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
AMEN!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:17:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I must say that I am one and have always been one!!!!!!!!!!

I was REDNECK when redneck wasn't cool!

Life is good!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:23:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God.  If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up.  Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of.  I hope I am one of those.  If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends.  Ya'll know who ya' are...

You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.    

You might be a redneck if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when    they play the National Anthem.

You might be a redneck if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You might be a redneck if: You've never burned an American flag.

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

God Bless the USA!

Git 'er done!!!!!!!!!!!!

echo6

I work for one of those huge government contractors.  We therefore jump through our asses and climb over each other to show how much we value diversity etc..  A few months ago, we had a pow wow where my group had to listen to The Boss while she paid lip service to the cause.  This was watched over by an HR rep.  

Of course The Boss eventually got to the part where the company doesn't recognize special religious days, so, we don't call the period from approximately 23 December to 2 Janurary the "Christmas Break" anymore; we call it something like "Holiday Break" instead, because not everone is Christian of course.

I'm the hated atheist in the group--everyone knows me.  I insisted that the company shouldn't go through any trouble on my account and I insisted that I can live with calling it Christmas...No, really I can.  The Boss smiled (as if to say thankyou for saying something my diversity training covered) and said, "oh John, it's not just you, we want to respect Jewish people etc. too."  I responded, "so we're going to get time off for Jewish holidays too?  Cool!"  "No," she said.

I said, "well, bummer...." and  "....can't call them holidays either."  She timidly asked, "why?"  I responded, "I'm not the least bit offended by it, and I don't care if the word is used or not, but if we're going to get together to brag about reacting to the nth detail of diversity, we need to realize that a holiday is a holy-day..."  "...You know, a special day especially reserved for the worship of god?"  

Silence.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:25:03 AM EDT
[#8]
PROUD TO BE REDNEX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top