Posted: 3/26/2001 7:51:20 PM EDT
1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars
waiting to pass a tractor (or rock truck) on the highway.
2. "Vacation" means going to the family
3. You've seen all the big bands ten years
after they were popular.
4. You measure distance in minutes.
5. You know several people who have hit a
6. Your school classes were canceled because
7. Your school classes were canceled because
8. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to
"A/C" in the same day.
9. You think ethanol makes your truck "run a
a lot better."
10. Stores don't have bags; they have sacks.
11. Stores don't have shopping carts; they
12. You see people wearing bib overalls at
13. You see a car running in the parking lot
at the store with no one in it, no matter what time of the year.
14. You use "fix" as a verb. Example: I am
fixing to go to the store.
15. All the festivals across the state are
named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, or animal.
16. You install security lights on your house
and garage and leave both unlocked.
17. You think of the major four food groups
as beef, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.
18. You carry jumper cables in your car ...
for your OWN car.
19. You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe
20. You only own four spices: salt, pepper,
ketchup, and Tabasco
21. You think everyone from a bigger city has
22. You think sexy lingerie is a tee shirt
and boxer shorts.
23. The local papers covers national and
international news on one page but requires 6 pages for sports.
24. You think that the first day of deer
season is a national holiday.
25. You know which leaves make good toilet
26. You find 90 degrees "a little warm."
27. You know all four seasons: Almost Summer,
Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas.
28. You know whether another Texan is from
southern, middle, or northern Texas as soon as they open their mouth.
29. There is a Dairy Queen in every town with
a population of 1000 or more.
30. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past-time
known as "goin wal-martin" or off to "Wally World."
31. You describe the first cool snap (below
70 degrees) as good chili weather.
32. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda,
cola, or pop ... it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor.
33. You recognize that cheese grits and
catfish nuggets is a meal that must have been bestowed upon the people by the Lord Himself.
34. You can be satisfied with a meal consisting only of a hunk of bread with flavored flour and water (a delicacy known as "biscuits n' gravy")
35. You understand these jokes and forward
them to your friends from Texas. (What jokes?)
Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!
You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.