Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/26/2001 1:01:13 PM EDT
A little while ago as my daughter and I where leaving the orthodontist she was all in a dither saying Dad do you know who you where sitting next to?  

Lil Bow Wow

I didn't know who or what she was telling me about even after she told me.  So I guess I'm just getting old.

I guess I should have gotten his autograph according to her.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Who, in the name of holy hell, is Lil Bow Wow?
[?]

But then again, what kid today knows what the fork H.R Puff'n Stuff is???????
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
He's a lil kid trying to be a bad a$$ rapper.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Salt Creek:

But then again, what kid today knows what the fork H.R Puff'n Stuff is???????
View Quote

****************RANT*****************
H.R PuffnStuff was a liberal tool used to infest the minds of children during thier most formative years, and infest thier little minds with liberal idealogy.
Also, the Posotive Connotation Structure that Liberal cuases are afforded on PBS's children's shows  is very transparent to thoswe who know what to look for.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhh Lil Bow Wow. Snoop Dog's protege. Also Colaborated with Xzibit, Destiny's Child(Beyonce is a hottie BTW) among many other rap artists' The kids been rappin since he was 5yo. His parents must be raking in the dough.

See I'm not that old. I can still get jiggy wid it. I bump the tunes in my dope ride. I be tight like dat. [@:D] bring on the 16yo honeys, lordtrader comes to knock dem boots.

lorddownwidit
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Wanna feel old?
I walked into a shop the other day.  The young (early 20's) lady behind the counter is very friendly, starts talking to me about all kinds of things.  I'm thinking "oh yeah, I still got it!"  Then after about 15 minutes she says "I'm really glad you came in.  You remind me so much of my Dad."  Ever see a balloon lose all of its' air?
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at Foot Locker looking for the walking shoes, and the guy says "The New Balance is popular with older guys like you". I'm like, "WTF? I'm less than 15 years older than you buddy!" I was bummed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I made my platoon sergeant feel pretty old in a conversation not too long ago.  We were talking about the Gulf War, and then I told him I was only in the 3rd grade when it happened. [:D]

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok I'll admit I'd rather go into the dentist and have a tooth pull without novicaine than listen to rap.  I told my daughter if I had enough of his autographs like a whole hand full of them I could wipe my butt after I took a dump.

She just smiled and said Yeah but he's a millionaire.  Conversation over.

And I thought I was semi cool because I liked the Backsteet Boys and Kid Rock.  I guess I'll just start dragging the dirt in on top of me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Lil bow wow is dirt, god i hate rap, god i hate little kid singers  that are nothing more puppets being controled by some kind of talent agency. he seems to be both of those.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Like having you grand daughter tell you your going to be a great grandfather. I'm  feeling old today!
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#12]
McUZI

Please expound on "positive connotation structure."

P.S.

You have questions to answer on your "...had to
shoot someone" thread.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#13]
this kinda fits here....

i was at the range i shoot at and these two old fella's(god bless there souls)were set up with there tables,had a fire going with a pot of coffee and a pot of chili keepin warm,both had nice ar15's one pre-ban one post-ban,
they were shooting paper target's with saddam hussien's face on them.
AT 15 YARD'S.
i hope i'm around long enough to do the same.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Favorite Rap Lyrics:

"Pistol grip pump on my lap at all times,
they can be messin wit other nigga's shit, but they ain't be messin wit mine!"

or how about

"I didn't have to use my AK,
That means it was a good day."

See guys, they're just like us, really! [:D]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I was avoiding this thread for a while, but after reading this I have come to this conclusion.

We aren't getting older, were getting better!!!
everything else is getting worse. [:D]

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm with mattsd. The only thing I hate worse than rap are children "singing" rap. It doesn't get any worse than that.

[can't type today]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
or how about

"I didn't have to use my AK,
That means it was a good day."

See guys, they're just like us, really! [:D]
View Quote

Ahhh Ice Cube. Anyone that can mention Fatburger(a famous SoCal burger joint), Getting Laid and an AK47 and diss the LAPD in one song is alright by me
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Okay, those who don't like rap music, I want you to go buy or borrow the CD "Renegades of Funk" by Rage Against the Machine. Try out track 8, a cover of the Cypress Hill song, "How I Could Just Kill a Man".

It's about personal firearms and a guy that shoots a home intruder. And wellll, a couple of other people get capped too, but it's an awesome track that you'll never hear on the air, and it's got a lead bass that really get's you going.

Anywho, I'm 45 and my kids turned me on to this music, and I dig it. I mean.. I'm down with it! Check it out!

(The preceeding post was an unsolicited rap testimonial by a old white guy).

((I don't know what I like, but I know what art is!))

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I dont do rap.

Classic Rock!!!!
Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath!!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah Zeppelin, Sabbath that's the ticket. Hell I can even do Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I can handle lame lyrics as long as there's some good music to back it up, sadly most rap is just plain lame all the way around.  And even when the lyrics may have some redeming qualities it is still backed by really crappy music.  Just my opinion mind you everyone is entitled to listen to what they want.

But hey 1in9, like Lordtrader would say, "man if you gonna be gettin jiggy wid it, don't be buying or borrowen no cd's man, that's what napster for." Even this old funky die hard Rock&Roller knows that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I started out listening to only rock music as a kid. Scorpions, Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc. However when I got to HS all of the cute girls like other types of music and everyone that listened to rock were stoners. So I started listening to top 40 and changed my image a bit. Hey it was HS. By Jr year I started a mobile disc jockey group with some friend. It was a way to meet catholic girls/chicks from school. We would do all the HS party's and what nots. Was great. Just like being in a band. Got a lot of dates. Anyways, at that point I started liking a variety of music. Even rap. The old school rap not this gangsta rap they have now. So I pretty much have a diverse taste in music now, even like contempory jazz. I still can't hang with country music though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Did ya notice that the "Best Rap Artist" went to a white guy...?
Ted...
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Okay, those who don't like rap music, I want you to go buy or borrow the CD "Renegades of Funk" by Rage Against the Machine. Try out track 8, a cover of the Cypress Hill song, "How I Could Just Kill a Man".
It's about personal firearms and a guy that shoots a home intruder. And wellll, a couple of other people get capped too, but it's an awesome track that you'll never hear on the air, and it's got a lead bass that really get's you going.
Anywho, I'm 45 and my kids turned me on to this music, and I dig it. I mean.. I'm down with it! Check it out!
(The preceeding post was an unsolicited rap testimonial by a old white guy).
((I don't know what I like, but I know what art is!))
View Quote

Color me stupid, but aren't "Rage" advocates of communism???

Jake
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#26]
On one of my last nights on duty (marines)a new guy came in as I was watching a tape of The Deer Hunter. I remember watching it when I was a kid. It turned out that he wasn't born until the next year. Even worse, He started talking to me about a cool movie he just saw the other day. He couldn't remember the name. Something about Patrick Swayze, The US getting invaded by Cuba, hiding out in the woods.....  Yeah, I feel old too. [:(]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#27]
This is why I like AR-15.com.....where else can I get such a diverse cultural education while enjoying the comfort of my own home.

Now I can go to work tomorrow and shake my booty while saying "I'm jiggy wid it"!

I guarantee you I'll be greeted by moans and groans.  Plus a few blank looks.

Thanks yall'

Geno
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Yup, Red Hot Chili Peppers is about as rap as I can handle. If there's no "real" music behind it, it ain't music in my book.

Grew up on Sabbath, Zeppelin. Bought my first Les Paul in '77 because Jimmy Page and Joe Perry played them. Even guitar with Tommy Lee before Motley Crue. Ah, the good old days.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#29]
You know you must be old when............
You reply to this thread.

Aggie1
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
On one of my last nights on duty (marines)a new guy came in as I was watching a tape of The Deer Hunter. I remember watching it when I was a kid. It turned out that he wasn't born until the next year. Even worse, He started talking to me about a cool movie he just saw the other day. He couldn't remember the name. Something about Patrick Swayze, The US getting invaded by Cuba, hiding out in the woods.....  Yeah, I feel old too. [:(]
View Quote

I Think That Movie Was Called Wolvrines Not A Bad Flict.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#31]
The movie was Red Dawn, and yes rage is communist.

Damn, I'm only 21 and you guys are making me feel old![:(]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 6:59:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I must be real old.  I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about.  Talking about old, I still like Cheech and Chong movies, I think they are funny as hell. Yes, I still listen to Oldies 100 and Woodstock. Life is too short, enjoy it as much as you can.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I feel old when I go to the bar and the nice little yellow sign say you have to be born before 1980 to by drinks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Limp Bizkits' MI2 song Take A Look Around is one of the few rap songs that I like. Its about life.
                   [smash]
Mostly i'm a metal head--Metallica all the way!

P.S. LordTrader is the coolest old person I don't know!
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Im getting old, when some physical stunts I used to do for kicks, now I get tired just thinking about doing them!

Also, Steve Ray Vaughn had a song that applies, called "Things that I used to do...Lord, I won't do no more"

note: If you do not know who SRV is, thats because I am too old.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#39]
You know you're old when the kids at work do not know what CCR stands for!!!

By the way what the hell is wrong with CCR, Steve Miller Band and etc.

Even if I put 5lbs of afrosheen on my pathetic balding craker head I still couldnt bring myself to like rap.

I listen to

CCR
Steve Miller
George Throuhgood (cant spell tonight)
Genesis
Eagles
Hank
George Straight
Dave Brubeck (see how many know him)
Tony Bennett
and Frank of course
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#40]
seems to be a lot of fans of classic rock out there. Anyone catch the stiff upper lip tour? i went, and i got floor seats to "stiff upper lip II" the first one was awsome, cant wait till april.

Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:44:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Without a doubt my favorite band of all time is Led Zeppelin. And the Led Zep concert I went to in Cinncinatti was the best damn concert I ever saw.

True story:  We arrived at Riverfront Colosium (sp) the concert was general addmission, when we got in the place was packed. the floor in front of the stage was a sea of people standing shoulder to shoulder. We entered the arena about as far as you could get from the stage and it was so crowded my heart sank being so far away from the stage with it being so crowded.

My ho Becky, was 4'11, 90 lbs, and cute as a bug in a rug.  I looked at her and said, I want you to put on the best smile you have, open your top alittle and stick them cute little titties out for all their worth and just start making your way through the crowd and I'll be right behing you.  It worked like a charm, we worked our way right down infront of the stage in no time at all. If I had tried that on my own I would have ended up in a fight.  You always attack the enemy at it's most vulnerable point.

Her reward besides being with the big bad Bootedaddy was I lifted her up on my shoulders and I know it's hard to believe but never put her down till the concert was over.  (I won't say what I was jacked up on LOL) My shoulders and neck were raw when we left.  And the guy next to kept looking at me saying you must be a body builder. LOL

Ahh the good ole days
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:48:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Accordian music roolz!  As long as I can polka, I ain't old.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#43]
You go to a bar in a college town and all the young ladies look 15 yrs old and call you sir!

Anyone know of a gun friendly nursing home?
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#44]
LOL! Rkbar15.

I can see it now. Us old geezers sitting on those wheelchair shooting AR-15 and pinching them nurses. Ha! Ha! Ha!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I am 36, and I was talking with my 18 year old assistant about Die Hard IX, I tell her Bruce Willis used to have hair and a series called "Moonlighting". She had never heard of it. I thought Ok, maybe she missed it somehow, so I buzzed my receptionist, a 19 year old girl, and she had never heard of it either.

Now that made me feel old.
The really funny thing is the tattoo dye jobs working in shipping listen to 80's rock. Stuff recorded before they were born. That would be like me listening to Frankie Avalon in high school.
Cool with me, much better than listening to Back Alley Boys.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#46]
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1028037&a=7588497&p=45194968[/img]

Some good shows out of many, many shows I remember. Sigh.
Clockwise from top left:
Robin Trower St. Louis "76
Grateful Dead St. Louis "77
Led Zepplin (front row center) St Louis "77
ZZ Top (Tres Hombres tour) Atlanta "73
ELP St. Louis "77
Danny Gatton Atlanta "93
Skynrd stage pass St Louis "76
Genesis stage pass St. Louis "77
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Atlanta "85
Fleetwood Mac Atlanta "82 (before Stevie got fat)

Note the prices on some of the stubs! $9.50 to see Zep was unheard of at the time, and me and my friends lived thru three days of brutal hell camping out in the freezing cold to get 8 tickets on the front row. The kids today don't know what good music is (where have I heard that before LOL). I just go to see good blues bands now. [8D]

[blue][size=4]RAP = [/size=4][/blue] [puke]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm so old that I live in the past....I'm eight yrs old and it's 1970, my pop is overseas in a hot jungle (actually he's on an airbase far from the jungle) life is good, there are only two channels on TV, we play outside and the doors don't hafta get locked every night.
There has never been a carjacking, but theres a new place called mcDonalds and it taste freakin good.  Ahhhh yeah, when I grow up I wanna be a helicopter door gunner, they have cool machine guns.  Everyday after school, I play war in the grape fields with my friends.  Life is good.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:19:28 AM EDT
[#48]
You know you are old when you have to trim the hair growing from your ears!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:29:50 AM EDT
[#49]
I knew I was old (only 31 )last St. Patricks day at Kent State.  I was out with some waitresses from the hotel.  I started hitting on this drunk college girl. I thought I was doing well until she started calling me Sir.  To make things worse I was dancing with another girl who said she had someone for me to meet, It was her mom.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:33:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I got two sons retired (both lifers) from the military coupla years ago, & I'm still workin'. Sup widdat?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top