Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2006 8:28:40 AM EDT
I'm doing a complete rebuild of my Quad's motor. replacing all bolts with SS Allen bolts, everything is looking good. Awesome seal on the two case halves, and loctite on all screws. Getting ready to close up the side case and I find on the bench a thrust washer for the transmission.. So its all back apart again to find out where it goes...

Man I hate that...
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell, you're way ahead of me.

I don't even know what a thrust washer looks like.

Isn't that like a douche or something?
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hell, you're way ahead of me.

I don't even know what a thrust washer looks like.

Isn't that like a douche or something?

LOL

Its a thin washer that goes between gears in the transmission..
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Last time (and first time) I took an engine apart, I left rags in the cylinder ports

I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, you would put it together 100 times correctly.

But the final time, when you use a bunch of locktite, you will forget something.

Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#5]
What's the old saying? 'There's never enough time to do things right but there's always time to do them over.'

Could be much worse though. You might have found that thrust washer on your table when you were tearing down your newly fragged engine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep,and what really sucks is it will probably leak oil and the bolts will loosen up after you get er done.

I've done the same thing flaring lines-make your best flare ever........but didn't put the fitting on first.

Wal Mart greeter seems so much easier........................
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#7]
You do need no thrust washer...just put a little extra saw dust in the case. It'll smooth right out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You do need no thrust washer...just put a little extra saw dust in the case. It'll smooth right out.

LOL ya 4th gear would lock up the whole transmission.. I guess .070 makes a difference..

Well I did get a great seal on it again and re-coated all screws. Just waiting on the radiator to show up!

Its a 86 LT250R Bumped up to 260..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top