Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:40:15 PM EDT
We all voted for Bush because we thought that John Kerry was going to try and take away our guns. Now the military is doing just that under our "pro-gun" CIC.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:44:26 PM EDT
I find it ironic that it's not our own military, but Russian troops under UN command.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:52:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:
I find it ironic that it's not our own military, but Russian troops under UN command.

Huh?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:55:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

Huh?

My mistake. I thought we were just making shit up, since the confiscations in NO are being effected by NG, police, and others under exclusive control of the state and local authorities, without the involvement of the president. My bad.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:58:35 PM EDT

Huh?

My mistake. I thought we were just making shit up, since the confiscations in NO are being effected by NG, police, and others under exclusive control of the state and local authorities, without the involvement of the president. My bad.

Gee, I've heard over and over again that the National Guard and active duty members of the 82nd Airborne have been helping with the gun confiscations.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:59:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:03:05 PM EDT
Relax. A plan to put a halt to this aggression is in the works...

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:15:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Moof:

www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/h00001/h00999.jpg

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:29:10 AM EDT
GWB could halt the confiscations if he gave a shit. He hasnt even commented on them publicly.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:32:15 AM EDT

the confiscations in NO are being effected by NG, police, and others under exclusive control of the state and local authorities.

In violation of FEDERAL civil rights laws. GWB could direct the FBI & DOJ to investigate and prosecute the assault under color of authority, due process, equal protection, 4th and 2nd admendment violations.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:36:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Silesius:

Dont laugh just yet, while it was able to sink one ship, go ask ole Clive Cussler what happened to it after that........... I think we need a better plan.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:38:09 AM EDT

Huh?

that's good
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:41:35 AM EDT

Huh?

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:14:34 AM EDT

Huh?

Gee, I've heard over and over again that the National Guard and active duty members of the 82nd Airborne have been helping with the gun confiscations.

Then you've heard wrong. The active Army and other states' NG units are not helping and neither is federal LE. It's purely a local and state thing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:17:51 AM EDT

Huh?

Very good, sir

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:00:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RikWriter:

Huh?

Then you've heard wrong. The active Army and other states' NG units are not helping and neither is federal LE. It's purely a local and state thing.

Local and state employees violating Federal civil rights laws.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:04:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:

Huh?

Local and state employees violating Federal civil rights laws.

Gee, several states do that consistently with their gun laws.

Those who are always screaming "state's rights" should have no problem with this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:04:55 PM EDT

Huh?

You and those pesky facts. Damn you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:05:34 PM EDT

We all voted for Bush because we thought that John Kerry was going to try and take away our guns. Now the military is doing just that under our "pro-gun" CIC.

As I recall, you have been bashing Bush for a long time. I doubt you voted for him. Just another excuse.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:04:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

As I recall, you have been bashing Bush for a long time. I doubt you voted for him. Just another excuse.

You know very litte. Not only did I vote for Bush, I contributed a fair amount of time and moenty to his re-election campaign.

I have been bashing Bush for a long time because he keeps fucking up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:10:01 PM EDT

You know what I find to be ironic?

Huh.

I was expecting this thread to be about rain on your wedding day or good advice that you just can't take or a traffic jam when you're already late or.......
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:23:02 PM EDT

You know very litte. Not only did I vote for Bush, I contributed a fair amount of time and moenty to his re-election campaign.

In your opinion maybe. At least know what you are talking about when you bash him.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:26:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RustedAce:

Originally Posted By Silesius:

Dont laugh just yet, while it was able to sink one ship, go ask ole Clive Cussler what happened to it after that........... I think we need a better plan.

Me and My Robot army

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:34:48 PM EDT

I shudder to think how crazy it would be if Kerry dd win. Imagine the horror if it. Not saying what is going ion is cool or anything, I just bet we wuld have seen about a dozen WAcos in ? NOLA by now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:36:44 PM EDT

Huh?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:44:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

I shudder to think how crazy it would be if Kerry dd win. Imagine the horror if it. Not saying what is going ion is cool or anything, I just bet we wuld have seen about a dozen WAcos in ? NOLA by now.

+1
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:47:17 PM EDT

The North will have to revolt this time...especially if we want to win...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:49:25 PM EDT

Wow, how do you know who someone voted for? I voted for Dubya twice, and just because I wish our troops were out of Iraq and we would bring in the B52s in I guess that makes means I didn't vote for him, huh?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:43:43 PM EDT

I shudder to think how crazy it would be if Kerry dd win.

It would be horrible. High gas prices, unchecked illegal immigration, expensive entitlement programs like senior Rx drug welfare, condoms for the congo, tsunami relief, door to door gun confiscations in NOLA. Thank God we have GWB in the whitehouse.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:57:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 10:05:41 AM EDT by LARRYG]

Originally Posted By squeezecockerp7m8:

Wow, how do you know who someone voted for? I voted for Dubya twice, and just because I wish our troops were out of Iraq and we would bring in the B52s in I guess that makes means I didn't vote for him, huh?

Yeah, it's all about the quick fix, ain't it. Glad some of you weren't around in WWII. You would be screaming for us to get out of Pearl Harbor right after the attack and leave it for the Japanese.

We were already in Iraq during the second election. If you are so unhappy with him, why did you (allegedly) vote for him then?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:03:43 AM EDT

It would be horrible. High gas prices, unchecked illegal immigration, expensive entitlement programs like senior Rx drug welfare, condoms for the congo, tsunami relief, door to door gun confiscations in NOLA. Thank God we have GWB in the whitehouse.

Yeah, those damn seniors who worked all their life and paid into SS deserve absolutely nothing. Fucking welfare bums.

What's wrong with condoms for the Congo? They sure as hell need'em and I wish they would use the damn things.

So-called door to door consfication in NOLA has nothing to do with Bush (I have yet to find anything about it on the major network's websites). If Kerry was in, you bet your ass he would have Federal troops doing it.

What is wrong with tsnunami relief? I feel worse for them as they had no warning at all whereas the dumbasses that stayed in NOLA had about a week's worth on indications that it was coming.

What does GWB have to do with high gas prices? I guess you think the Feds should do something about that, huh.

Yeah, Kerry would shut that border tight.

Your boy Skerry didn't win, get over it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:18:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 11:22:38 AM EDT by AR15fan]

Yeah, those damn seniors who worked all their life and paid into SS deserve absolutely nothing. Fucking welfare bums.

Retirement planning, to include healthcare is your own responsibilty.

What's wrong with condoms for the Congo? They sure as hell need'em and I wish they would use the damn things.
It's a very expensive social program with no real benifit to the USA.

So-called door to door consfication in NOLA has nothing to do with Bush (I have yet to find anything about it on the major network's websites). If Kerry was in, you bet your ass he would have Federal troops doing it.
Bush could stop it with a simple statement that he finds it unacceptable and is sending the FBI and DOJ to investigate the violations of federal civil rights laws.

What is wrong with tsnunami relief? I feel worse for them as they had no warning at all whereas the dumbasses that stayed in NOLA had about a week's worth on indications that it was coming.
Expensive welfare program so the rich can have their vacation resorts. It's throwing good money after bad as the same areas will get wiped out time and time again.

What does GWB have to do with high gas prices? I guess you think the Feds should do something about that, huh.
OPEC is our enemy, more so than Saddam ever was. The real war on terror wil start the day we invade Saudi Arabia. The Bush family remains close to the house of Saud despite rich Saudis sending their children to indoctrination schools where they grow up to blow up US navy ships, US embassey's and crash jetliners into US buildings.

I voted for Bush twice. He was the best pick of two horrible picks. The Republicans control the whitehouse, the congress, and the senate. They could literaly change the world if they wanted to.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:20:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 11:22:32 AM EDT by ArmedAggie]

Huh?

Didn't he take an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC?

Seems to me that his not doing so is tantamount to support for what they're doing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:23:37 AM EDT
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

So I was close...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:26:13 AM EDT
Irony?

I always have a hard time pulling the last trash bag out of the box it came in and then putting that
box in the trash bag.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:48:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmedAggie:

Huh?

Didn't he take an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC?

He sure did. And part of that Constitution says the federal government can't usurp power from state and local governments except in certain cases.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:50:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:53:16 AM EDT

Huh?

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:01:55 PM EDT

Does anyone have links or news reports of cops/soldiers (Russian troops wtf ?) confiscating guns ?

I've heard all about this, but haven't seen any documentary evidence.

Got link ?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:09:41 PM EDT

GWB could halt the confiscations if he gave a shit. He hasnt even commented on them publicly.

He's waiting to hear what the NRA position is
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:38:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By weptek911:

Does anyone have links or news reports of cops/soldiers (Russian troops wtf ?) confiscating guns ?

I've heard all about this, but haven't seen any documentary evidence.

Got link ?

I guess sarcasm IS a lost art after all...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:57:25 PM EDT

I dunno. I can't speak to whether or NOT that would make ANY difference. I just have NO clue if it would or NOT. (IMO, the Dems would likely continue just to piss him off more. But that's JMO.)

Now, "what if"... IF Kerry WOULD have won, we could all be dissing HIM re:response to Katrina, as I don't THINK it would have been MUCH better, and possibly a tad worse... but who knows? BUT I think that the local authorities would be grabbing guns with MORE IMPUNITY. But I agree, he (Bush) likely could care less.

The thing that pisses ME off is this:

IF Kerry were Prez now, he'd LIKELY not be (seriously) OPPOSED in 2008 by ANY Dem, and IMO, he'd be the "candidate" who would LOSE in 2008. (Unless the Republicans run a real asshat)

This INCLUDES HITLERY. And, by 2012 she'd have LOST any "juice" she HAD, and we'd NOT have to say "President Clinton" ever again. (Our lifetime). PLUS the "black community" would STILL (likely) be shouting "racism" in the failure, (maybe not as LOUD) and the Dems get a lot of juice from that community. So NOW instead of Hitlery being "shut out" of a VIABLE run, she will NOT be "shut out". And NOW has a SHOT at beiong president.

<sarcasm>So thanks a lot to all the Conservative types who against their internal voice voted for BUSH INSTEAD of voting for BADNARIK (who is GREAT on firearms issues) the Libertarian Candidate. You ALL have contributed to the "Hitlery for President" campaign. AND to the LIKELYHOOD of the congress "flipping" again.</sarcasm>

But REALLY thanks you to all the Conservatives (and Liberals, just LESS so) who voted for Badnarik - following their CONSCIOUS, and voting for the "Best Candidate" rather than the "lesser of 2 evils who had a snowball's chance of winning".

the confiscations in NO are being effected by NG, police, and others under exclusive control of the state and local authorities.

In violation of FEDERAL civil rights laws. GWB could direct the FBI & DOJ to investigate and prosecute the assault under color of authority, due process, equal protection, 4th and 2nd admendment violations.

Operative word.

First time, second time or both? (Just curious)

You didn't get the memo? "If you aren't FOR every move (including every stoopid [sic] move) Bush makes you are AGAINST Bush."

<snippage>

Uh... wasn't it you that was laughing at someone who believed anythiing that the "major networks" said??? Which is it? Are they credible, or are they not???
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:13:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kacer:

I dunno. I can't speak to whether or NOT that would make ANY difference. I just have NO clue if it would or NOT. (IMO, the Dems would likely continue just to piss him off more. But that's JMO.)

Now, "what if"... IF Kerry WOULD have won, we could all be dissing HIM re:response to Katrina, as I don't THINK it would have been MUCH better, and possibly a tad worse... but who knows? BUT I think that the local authorities would be grabbing guns with MORE IMPUNITY. But I agree, he (Bush) likely could care less.

The thing that pisses ME off is this:

IF Kerry were Prez now, he'd LIKELY not be (seriously) OPPOSED in 2008 by ANY Dem, and IMO, he'd be the "candidate" who would LOSE in 2008. (Unless the Republicans run a real asshat)

This INCLUDES HITLERY. And, by 2012 she'd have LOST any "juice" she HAD, and we'd NOT have to say "President Clinton" ever again. (Our lifetime). PLUS the "black community" would STILL (likely) be shouting "racism" in the failure, (maybe not as LOUD) and the Dems get a lot of juice from that community. So NOW instead of Hitlery being "shut out" of a VIABLE run, she will NOT be "shut out". And NOW has a SHOT at beiong president.

<sarcasm>So thanks a lot to all the Conservative types who against their internal voice voted for BUSH INSTEAD of voting for BADNARIK (who is GREAT on firearms issues) the Libertarian Candidate. You ALL have contributed to the "Hitlery for President" campaign. AND to the LIKELYHOOD of the congress "flipping" again.</sarcasm>

But REALLY thanks you to all the Conservatives (and Liberals, just LESS so) who voted for Badnarik - following their CONSCIOUS, and voting for the "Best Candidate" rather than the "lesser of 2 evils who had a snowball's chance of winning".

Have you read the Libertarian Party's stance on things like the UCMJ, borders, and military personnel being able to quit anytime they wish? You remember good ol' Harry W. "American deserved 9/11" Browne? You can vote for them, but not I. I have libertarian (small "l") ideals, but their platform is fucked up.

Operative word. Actually, could not they do the same thing to California, Mass, NJ, IL, etc if they could stop them NOLA? What those states have done is really no different. Wouldn't that be a violation of "state's rights" which many here seem to cherish more than the 2nd Amendment?

First time, second time or both? (Just curious) At least he could bash him for something that HE is doing, instead the general "it's Bush's fault" that seems to surround anything and everything surrounding this catastrophe.

You didn't get the memo? "If you aren't FOR every move (including every stoopid [sic] move) Bush makes you are AGAINST Bush." Not EVERY move or everything, but some people bash him FOR every move, period. Big difference. I don't always agree with him, but this gets old.

<snippage>

Uh... wasn't it you that was laughing at someone who believed anythiing that the "major networks" said??? Which is it? Are they credible, or are they not???

Someone pointed out that those networks had said something. I can't find anything on any of their websites to even verify they said it. That was MY point. So, whether they are credible or not is moot since I can't find anything indicating they even said anything.

Actually, I don't recall laughing at anyone who believed them, well CNN and MSNBC.. I was pointing out that the only sources that actually said anything that I can find, were such as the NY Times. I would not believe anything they say, period.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:24:24 PM EDT

Retirement planning, to include healthcare is your own responsibilty. Spoken like someone who is both selfish and has no clue.

So, all the money they paid into SS should just be lost to them. Back in the '60s, SS was your only choice, along with the pension from your company. After all the taxes, there was little to none to put into something else. Believe me, if I had not had to pay into SS all these years, it would have gone into a retirement fund of some kind. IRA and 401k are a recent thing.

It's a very expensive social program with no real benifit to the USA.

More selfish short-sightedness. Less of them (birth control through condoms) and less AIDs would benefit us immensely. Less of a drain, unless you are one of those isolationists who fail to learn from history that isolationism doesn't work.

Bush could stop it with a simple statement that he finds it unacceptable and is sending the FBI and DOJ to investigate the violations of federal civil rights laws.

God, are you really that ignorant??????? If he could stop that, he could also force California, Illinois, Massachusetts, and other states from enforcing THEIR laws, which are no different from this. What about those precious "state's rights" that so many here scream about?

Expensive welfare program so the rich can have their vacation resorts. It's throwing good money after bad as the same areas will get wiped out time and time again.

Do you just make this shit up as you go? Most of the affected areas have never been hit with a tsunami of any magnitude before, whereas NOLA was not a matter of IF, but WHEN.

OPEC is our enemy, more so than Saddam ever was. The real war on terror wil start the day we invade Saudi Arabia. The Bush family remains close to the house of Saud despite rich Saudis sending their children to indoctrination schools where they grow up to blow up US navy ships, US embassey's and crash jetliners into US buildings.

Ah, now the truth comes out. More paranoia and delusion. Yep, it's all Bush's fault. You, Jesse Jackson, and many others like him all agree with that mantra.

I voted for Bush twice. He was the best pick of two horrible picks. The Republicans control the whitehouse, the congress, and the senate. They could literaly change the world if they wanted to.

Yeah, yeah, SOS, SSDD. For someone who claims to have voted for Bush, you sure echo the Dem mantra a lot.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:26:19 PM EDT

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

So I was close...

Well, should he go charging into all the states with draconian gun laws? There is really no difference in their laws and what is supposedly happening in NOLA.

The "everything is Bush's fault" crowd is really grasping at straws.

What about "state's rights"????????????????
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:33:14 PM EDT

So I was close...

Well, should he go charging into all the states with draconian gun laws?

The FBI and DOJ have juristiction in violations of Federal civil rights laws. Just ask Stacey Koon and his partners.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 1:42:43 PM EDT by LARRYG]

So I was close...

Well, should he go charging into all the states with draconian gun laws?

The FBI and DOJ have juristiction in violations of Federal civil rights laws. Just ask Stacey Koon and his partners.

But apparently, the 2nd Amendment is not a Federal civil right. If is was, California and other states would have had their gun laws stuffed down their throats by now. I personally think the 2nd IS a Federal civil right, but reality seems to offer a different answer. If the Feds could go after the NOLA cops for this, why can't they go after those other states?

What about the "state's rights" crowd? They say that states have the right to violate the 2nd.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:54:09 PM EDT
Bush is about as pro-gun as any other run of the mill politician is.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:01:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 2:07:56 PM EDT by weptek911]
Again.

Does anyone have a link to any news reports ? Video ? Anyone ? Bueller ?

edit, I saw the CHP troopies pounce on the little old lady with the old pistole, anything else ?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:04:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

You know what I find to be ironic?

Huh.

I was expecting this thread to be about rain on your wedding day or good advice that you just can't take or a traffic jam when you're already late or.......

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:50:12 PM EDT
I find this to be ironic...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top