Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/21/2008 2:38:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2008 3:27:08 PM EDT by Alien]
Listening to the local station with Rush this morning, I heard about this gem...

There was talk of making waterproof diapers available. That's right folks don't let your lack of bowel control hinder your swimming activities!

www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2008/07/19/20080719poolsopen-ON.html

15 of 29 Phoenix swimming pools reopen

by Michael Ferraresi, John Faherty and Beth Duckett - Jul. 19, 2008 10:17 AM
The Arizona Republic

With chlorine levels normal, families are free to swim at 15 of 29 Phoenix public pools shut down earlier this week because of an intestinal parasite outbreak.

Roadrunner Pool, Maryvale Pool, Telephone Pioneer Pool and Pecos Pool in Ahwatukee were set to open at noon Saturday with the approval of Maricopa County health officials.

Additional pools are expected to open on Monday and later next week.

The first 11 pools opened at noon Friday after city workers spent days "hyperchlorinating," and backwashing to clear each pool of any possibility of cryptosporidium.

Cryptosporidium is spread through feces and causes diarrhea. City officials said an accidental bowel movement likely caused contaminations earlier this week at Starlight and Marivue pools.

The contaminations sickened nearly 60 people, though only two people have confirmed cases of cryptosporidiosis, officials said.

On Friday, Tempe shut down Splash Playground at Tempe Town Lake after it tested positive for cryptosporidium.

Tempe decided to take a proactive step in testing all five of its facilities for the bacteria, according to a Tempe press release. Tempe's four pools, McClintock, Escalante, Kiwanis, and Clark, tested negative for cryptosporidium. According to the city there have been no illness complaints reported.

The playground is expected to remain closed until Wednesday when the disinfection is completed and the playground is retested.

As residents return to pools, health officials are urging visitors with symptoms of intestinal disease to avoid swimming for at least two weeks after symptoms have vanished.

Apparently it was just a problem with one pool but they closed them ALL.
www.upi.com/Science_News/2008/07/15/Cryptosporidium_found_in_Phoenix_pool/UPI-33291216138442/

At least when asked, they can name an accomplishment of their's, unlike Obama's followers.

"I pooped in a pool and got all of the Phoenix Public Pools shut down!"
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:39:32 PM EDT
And how much water did they use?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:45:59 PM EDT
I'm gonna go buy a case of baby ruth bars.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:47:31 PM EDT
baby shit in the water is some bad shit..

there's a place near where i live called whitewater and some baby shit got in the water (this is no joke) and a lot of folks, children especially got real sick..

where 26 children were infected with the bacteria. The seven who required hospitalization developed hemolytic uremic syndrome, a kidney and blood disorder caused by E. coli O157:H7. One child, 2 1/2-year-old McCall Akin of Kennesaw, died.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:50:37 PM EDT
Reason #1 why when I lived in "Community Dwellings" (apartments/condos) I never even went within earshot of the fetid cesspits they called the pool.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:51:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By saturnstyl:

Dammit! Beat to the "Caddyshack" joke!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:52:39 PM EDT
hence why I never use public pools not even at a hotel. piss and baby shit isn't my cup of tea.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:53:38 PM EDT

It's no big deal
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:57:57 PM EDT
Stay out of public pools and youre good to go
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:00:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

It's no big deal

<spaulding> Doodie!!! <spaulding>
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:02:25 PM EDT

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:02:46 PM EDT
#1 reason I dont use public pools.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:03:53 PM EDT
Fuck public pools.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:05:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By st0newall:

there's a place near where i live called whitewater and some baby shit got in the water (this is no joke) and a lot of folks, children especially got real sick..

where 26 children were infected with the bacteria. The seven who required hospitalization developed hemolytic uremic syndrome, a kidney and blood disorder caused by E. coli O157:H7. One child, 2 1/2-year-old McCall Akin of Kennesaw, died.

That is a nasty little beasty, right there.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:11:26 PM EDT
Thats why when I managed a pool, we always have the cholrine cranked up high and used chemical shock once a week.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:25:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By st0newall:

That is some serious shit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:28:31 PM EDT
I was at Hershey Park last year when their Boardwalk Water Park got shut down because somebody dropped a deuce.

Ironic, huh?

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:34:25 PM EDT
When I was a kid some 40 years ago I saw my first girlie pubic hair at Maryvale pool.
Today, Maryvale is now illegal central, my childhood neighborhood is now all non-english speaking hispanic.
Welcome to the third world.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:57:13 PM EDT

What? Its no big deal.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:01:07 PM EDT

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:58:21 PM EDT
Isolated incident...carry on
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:00:22 PM EDT
Any chance Mexicans frequent the 15 pools?
Top Top