Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 6:48:12 AM EST
something scares the hell out of her. It's not like the noise she makes when she sees a spot on her favorite shirt or breaks a glass in the sink. This noise sets you into fullon go get'em mode in less than a second. I heard that noise about 20 minutes ago while my wife was in the sun room tending to her plants. Here I am looking at JIMBEAMS post on a poll in Georgia and that noise comes from the back of the house. I jump up looking for a weapon and have nothing at all handy. Surfing the net in my pajama bottoms and big belly hanging out with absolutly -0- weapon. I ran toward the sound and snatched up a machete that hangs on my woodbin expecting to have to go hand to hand with something real bad only to find out that there is a snake in her aloe vera plant.

Now that my heart rate is normal I heve to remind myself to put my pants on like a grown man when I get up and stop lazing around in my PJs. This makes week number three out of work recovering from back surgery and I have fallen into a rut of not even getting dressed some days. I never have to wonder about a pistol if I'm dressed because my carry derringer is always there. Good thing I went to a knife fight and only needed a knife.

Sheeeit, where's my pills?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:58:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2004 7:54:39 AM EST by Brisk322]
Centipedes do that to Mrs. B. I once covered the entire length of my house in two strides when I heard her scream.

Of course, centipedes do the same thing to most of AR15.com.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/brisk322/centipedeanim.gif

edit removed 'cause I feel a little bad about freaking out the ladies...

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:59:47 AM EST
Sounds like you need to relax. There are no ninja's on the lawn trying to kill you.

I do know that sound, it is the same sound when I come over to my girlfriends house and she is not expecting me. Good thing she doesn't have a gun because she probably would have shot me by now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:03:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Brisk322:
Centipedes do that to Mrs. B. I once covered the entire length of my house in two strides when I heard her scream.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK­KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­A! Icky, icky, icky ewwwwww!

Bad Brisk!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:04:00 AM EST
Those centipedes with the short legs don't frighten me, they're pretty cool, really. Saw a show on TLC once, where there was a fight between a tarantula and a centipede. The centipede tore that ship up, fast.

The disgusting long-legged variety of centipede should be nuked from orbit, just to make sure.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:04:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Now that my heart rate is normal I heve to remind myself to put my pants on like a grown man when I get up and stop lazing around in my PJs. This makes week number three out of work recovering from back surgery and I have fallen into a rut of not even getting dressed some days. I never have to wonder about a pistol if I'm dressed because my carry derringer is always there. Good thing I went to a knife fight and only needed a knife.

Sheeeit, where's my pills?

Pan, I hear ya about lazying around while recovering from surgery. Maybe I can suggest that you look into sweatpants of some sort along with a tee shirt; they aren't as readily apparent as PJs that you have slacked off in terms of dressing for the day. Plus, they are a sight more comfortable to get in and out of in that recovery period when every movement hurts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:25:26 AM EST
I bet it's similar to the noise my wife makes when she get us to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and I forgot to take the plunger out of the toilet.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:30:02 AM EST
Did ya kill it?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:33:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By Msokol13:
Sounds like you need to relax. There are no ninja's on the lawn trying to kill you.

I do know that sound, it is the same sound when I come over to my girlfriends house and she is not expecting me. Good thing she doesn't have a gun because she probably would have shot me by now.

When I was little, my father was famous. He was the greatest samurai in the empire. And he was the shogun's decapitator. He cut off the heads of 131 lords. It was a bad time for the empire. The shogun just stayed inside his castle and he never came out. People said his brain was infected by devils. My father would come home. He would forget about the killings. He wasn't scared of the shogun, but the shogun was scared of him. Maybe that was the problem. Then, one night, the shogun sent his ninja spies to our house. They were supposed to kill my father. But they didn't. That was the night everything changed
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:36:07 AM EST
I figure I will confront any intruders in the nude just as I sleep. The shock value alone may buy me more time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:45:51 AM EST

UUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,
that's what you would call a millipede
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:48:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2004 8:11:49 AM EST by Brisk322]

Originally Posted By jmzd4:

UUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

This is a millipede.

edit removed 'cause I'm tryin' not to be mean
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:50:16 AM EST

UUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

This is a millipede.

www.zippityzoo.com/Millipede%20my%20hand.JPG

STOP, STOP, STOP!

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:50:43 AM EST

AUUUUUGGHH!

Not cool. Not cool NOT COOL.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:51:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By Persephone:

UUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

This is a millipede.

www.zippityzoo.com/Millipede%20my%20hand.JPG

STOP, STOP, STOP!

SERIOUSLY!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:04:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
I figure I will confront any intruders in the nude just as I sleep. The shock value alone may buy me more time.

Shock value, or incapacitating laughter?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:05:01 AM EST
This thread is not about what I thought it would be about.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:10:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

What, no stuffed pooper story?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:15:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

+1

Very disappointing!
Top Top