Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/21/2006 5:33:38 AM EDT
from my local area: www.accessnorthga.com/news/hall/newfullstory.asp?ID=102109

Man receives 20 years for shooting wife with BB gun
by Lindsay Helton

GAINESVILLE - A Gainesville man was sentenced Wednesday for an August 2005 incident in which he pointed a BB gun in his wife's face and pulled the trigger.

Hall County District Attorney Lee Darragh says there was a history of violence from 31 year old David Labishak to his wife, "And as a result of the incident his wife lost her eye."

Hall County Superior Court Judge Jason Deal agreed with the state's recommendation of twenty years with ten years to serve in custody and the balance on probation.

Darragh says at the time of the incident Labishak was under bond conditions to have no violent contact with his wife.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:35:43 AM EDT
I guess she should have made the sandwich.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:37:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:40:50 AM EDT
Sounds like a pretty fair sentence to me. I'm surprised they didn't go after him for attempted murder. I just realized that's Hall county. Isn't that where it's illegal to eat fried chicken with a fork? MJD
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:42:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 5:44:08 AM EDT by PBIR]
Was it a red ryder w/ the compass in the stock?

Specifically, an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:42:37 AM EDT
Why should we have a field day with this? cause it's funny or it's an "outrage" that someone gets 20 years for shooting someone else with a bb gun? If someone stabbed someone with a knife and made them lose an eye i would expect no less time either. That shit wont buff out. even if you thrashed someone to within an inch of thier life and put them inthe hospital they would eventually totally heal. This is permanent.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:42:48 AM EDT
Anybody want to guess what she'll do when he gets out?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:49:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Buy a set of saftey glasses.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:02:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bblake00:

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Buy a set of saftey glasses.

LOL
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:08:06 AM EDT
First off, he got 10 years of prison and 10 years on parole. I bet he serves about 5 years.

Secondly, he destroyed someone's eyesight for the rest of their life, which is going to be appx 50 years, if she lives to the avg lifespan.

Third, it mentions "history of violence". If he has previous convictions for violence against other people, etc. His past should play a role in determining what a fair sentence for his current crimes is.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:26:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By t-stox:
Why should we have a field day with this? cause it's funny or it's an "outrage" that someone gets 20 years for shooting someone else with a bb gun? If someone stabbed someone with a knife and made them lose an eye i would expect no less time either. That shit wont buff out. even if you thrashed someone to within an inch of thier life and put them inthe hospital they would eventually totally heal. This is permanent.

Not because it is funny. Not because it is outrageous or even 'extreme'. Personally, I feel it was a just verdict, especially given the history of violence.

The reason why I thought it worth mentioning is in light of other rulings.

As far as the guilty party goes, he probably would have done less time had he killed her. That was my point, in a sick and twisted way.

Again, I don't disagree with the verdict. Just the justce system in general and how some people that commit much more haneous crimes often get lesser punishments.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:30:30 AM EDT
Where is the eye for an eye punishment? The woman will probably run back to him in 5 years to receive the remainder of her beatings, since she will think he has "changed"
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:37:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 6:38:25 AM EDT by 3rdpig]
He ought to have one of his eyes taped open with a BB gun mounted about 12 inches away from it. Put a timer on the trigger set to go off sometime between 1 and 24 hours from when it's started. Let him sit there and stare down the barrel and think about what it's like to have a gun, ANY gun, pointed at your face. Then let him lose an eye and feel the physical and mental pain of that. Then remove his gun rights for the rest of his life and let him loose. Make sure he understands that if he re-offends next time a real gun will be used.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:48:35 AM EDT
The guy has a history of violence and he has a restraining order against him. Then he costs his wife the use of an eye by intentionally shooting her with a BB gun…

I’m sorry but this guy failed his “plays nice with others” test. Either lock his ass up forever or take him out and shoot him. People like this are just too dangerous to be allowed out amongst normal folks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:49:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thompsondd:
from my local area: www.accessnorthga.com/news/hall/newfullstory.asp?ID=102109

Man receives 20 years for shooting wife with BB gun
by Lindsay Helton

GAINESVILLE - A Gainesville man was sentenced Wednesday for an August 2005 incident in which he pointed a BB gun in his wife's face and pulled the trigger.

Hall County District Attorney Lee Darragh says there was a history of violence from 31 year old David Labishak to his wife, "And as a result of the incident his wife lost her eye."

Hall County Superior Court Judge Jason Deal agreed with the state's recommendation of twenty years with ten years to serve in custody and the balance on probation.

Darragh says at the time of the incident Labishak was under bond conditions to have no violent contact with his wife.

Sounds like it's not his first person he has damaged.

Good for the ass. I hope he looses an eye while he makes friends with his cellmate.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:58:08 AM EDT
Its a shame the only thing that will get in his eye is semen.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:59:49 AM EDT
He could have killed her easily too...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:03:02 AM EDT
Fuckem.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:41:24 AM EDT
It's the same story over and over again. What do 100,000 abused women have in common? They don't fuckin' listen.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:38:26 AM EDT
He should have got 20 with no chance of getting out, period. Actually it would have been better if he was pulled from the gene pool, but that didnt work out....
Top Top