Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 12:48:21 PM EDT
For giggles i compiled a list of a few front pages of news web site screenshots.  Obama by far has more exposure.  Media is extremely biased towards publshing anything about Obama and literally ignoring McCain.

Also notice how many times each candidates name is mentioned on each page.  Good or bad news, name recognition is a major factor for candidates.

Exhibit 1 CBS News:
Information about Obama occupies more prime real estate on this page than information about anything else.  The single only picture of McCain is a small headshot imposed into a thumbnail.  His name is nowhere to be found.

Exhibit 2 CNN:
2 articles in "latest news", 1 video about him only doing spectacular things in Afganistan and a 2nd video that mentions both candidates.  I didnt bother watching either of them, but i'm sure the videos themselves are just Obama endorsements.

Exhibit 3 MSNBC:
For the prime news section on this page, Obama is the only candidate mentioned at all.  He has a full story, a video and a reference to how he's the greatest person in the world according to newsweek (the article starts out saying: "He's been called a naive idealist. But in terms of foreign policy, he's the true realist in the race." I stopped reading there)  Newsweek attempts to fix his only admitted weakness against the GOP candidate, foreign policy.

Exhibit 4 NY Times:
The NY Times to be the nicest to McCain, mentioning him 3 times on the front of their page however Obama outdoes him again in sheer occupation of prime page space 3:1 and his name is on there 5 times.

Exhibit 5 ABC News (video):
This one is disgusting.  The only video about McCain listed on the front of their Top Videos section tells about how Obama is pretty much a lock for president.  Obama has 4 video links to himself and one that is shared with McCain.

Exhibit 6 Washington Post:
Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obobma Omanba Omamba..

Exhibit 7 BBC:
Even the BBC.  McCain is nowhere to be found.  According to the other infomedia sites and videos, Obama is loved in all of Europe.  After being elected our president, he will likely become supreme master of all the world.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]

It's the same thing here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Its getting more and more blatant every election. This time rather than just covering the GOP candidate in a poor light, they decided to not cover him at all.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#3]
And yet he is only up 3 points (maybe none) in the polls.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell it to President Kerry.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Its getting more and more blatant every election. This time rather than just covering the GOP candidate in a poor light, they decided to not cover him at all.

Basically they learned from what they did to Fred Thompson. Flat out ignore the man and nobody will notice who he is.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Tell it to President Kerry.

I really hope you're right.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]
When I talk to friends in other countries, they have to ask me to remind them of the name of the other guy who is running.  It's all Obama, all the time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#9]
You are correct, but it has been like this for at least 40 years.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
And yet he is only up 3 points (maybe none) in the polls.

Yes, I find this to be very interesting.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top