Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2001 6:52:11 AM EDT
Saw it yesterday with my girlfriend. Angelina Jolie is soooo hot my girlfriend wants her, cool huh?  Oh yeah, the movie was good too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw it last night.It`s not going to get an oscar, but it was ok for an action movie. If Angelina Jolie`s sweaterpuppies were any bigger she wouldn`t need USPs.If she`s smart, she`ll own that role for as long as she wants it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]
IT S-U-C-K-E-D!!!  I actually dozed off during the firt hour because it was so damned slow.  AJ is hot though...
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#3]
So in other words... Go if you have time to kill because it's an okay action movie with a gal with big lips. Oh and a USP..
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
wait for the dvd, as bad or worse than mortal combat, another game to movie flop....
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#5]
might be the kid in me, but...
i'd like to go see it again!

my son wants to go again, also : )

AJ sure caught my eye, lol

Jeff C/NY~~ Blade
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I will also wait for the DVD on Tomb Raiders to come out before I hit the power switch on the entertainment system and fire up the BBQ with a variety of marinated meat.

Oh, man, only one day passed since the movie opening and it feels like forever waiting for the DVD to come out.  Must...(groan)...must..(groan)...stick it out!  

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
 [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#8]
My kids dragged me to see Atlantis.  So how were Angelina Jolie`s "guns"?
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Angelina's HK's were the best part of the movie.  It really stunk.  Don't waste your money.  

It's one of those movies that has soooooo much action from start to finish that it really doesn't matter to you.  It all blends together so poorly that you, as a viewer, don't get so much as a single goose bump (except for the twin USP's that is...).  The movie just doesn't provoke any emotional response from the viewer - at all.

I read in the paper today that AJ has already been signed for 2 more Tomb Raider movies.  Oh well...

CMOS
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I saw it today.

I wish I would have seen "Shrek" instead
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#12]
ill download it off the net.  should be out there in a few days.

Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw it last night I liked it, but I'm an easy mark for Mythology and Action Movies. What model are the H&K's?
 Have a nice evening, Rabon.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#14]
It sucked looks like they shot the film in one week. the only good thing about this movie was the end of it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Butkus 51:
wait for the dvd, as bad or worse than mortal combat, another game to movie flop....
View Quote

Mortal combat was kick butt this movie sucked like a 2 dollar ho-.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Well sad to say it brought more than one person into the gun store to look at guns that should not own one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#18]
it really did suck alot i just got back
atleast she reloaded

why it sucked: cliches up the wazoo  (evil secret society) (never kills her when he has the chance i mean come on u dont need her anymore blow her away)

atleast i wanna buy a USP now
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Had one couple and one male come in and all excited about the movie and want to look at guns like that were in the movie.  Believe me that a first time purchaser is a good thing but, not under the pretenses they came in for.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Rabon,She uses 2 two tone H&K USP match pistols in .45.The bad guy uses a P99.I didnt get a good enough look to see if it was a Walther or S&W.SJR556.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#22]
The couple left with the man saying he had better get out of there before he made a snap decision.  I did not get a chance to speak to the other.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:24:53 AM EDT
[#23]
The end was great watching her run out of the cave. You got a nice slow motion shot of those puppies bouncing around just like puppies do when you first come home and they are happy to see you.

BTW, this movie was number 1 this weekend. Grossing more than 40 million.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Ya want puppies, go see swordfish. You want to sit in your chair and be very afraid that at any
moment AJ's lips are gonna explode, go see tomb raider....
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Haven't seen this and don't intend to, but one of you sharp-eyed guys tell me . . . are they real or Hollywood "special effects?"
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#27]
It was absolutely forgettable except for lips and puppies (which were featured prominently throughout...thank you director).
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#29]
AJ with a pair... of USP's that is...  ;)

[img]http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/lara_croft_tomb_raider/angelina_jolie/tomb_raider2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#30]
but remeber there is NO NUDITY IN THIS MOVIE!

becouse of that alone it gets a extra star in the suck o meter
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Wow!! You guys are really a tough crowd!
: )

i dunno, i know it wasn't an oscar award winning movie, but i sure enjoyed it!

then again, i love japanimation, too...

i took it at face value for the couple of hours of entertainment... i'd still see it again!

Jeff C/NY~~Blade
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I haven't seen the movie yet, probably won't, but I have no doubt it would be much more interesting if it were like the commercials I've been hearing on DC101 with a 'reading' of a scene from Tomb Raider.

Boy, this cave sure is dark and scary.  And it's so cold in here that my nipples are poking through this latex t-shirt I'm wearing.

Oh look, a pool of stagnant cave water.  I'd better remove off all my clothes and take a bath.

Oohhh. There's my lover, Nicole Kiddman.  Oh Nicole, could you come over here and wash me.  And don't forget to get between the cracks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#33]
I personally enjoyed the movie.  I pretty much had a stupid grin on my face through the whole thing.  This movie is just so delightfully cornball, I couldn't help but like it.  If your the type that can't enjoy cheesy movies for what they are, then you won't like this one.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:49:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, a night off from the chemical plant, so I decided to see movies. By the time I woke up, went to the health club, ate breakfast/dinner, and got to the theater, Tomb Raider was starting in 5 min. and I don't like to wait. It was like Charlies Angels. Good looking woman violating the laws of physics. Gravity has been suspended?  Inertia also? Weapons with no recoil? Plus it was PG-13. How do they make a fully clothed woman seem like a dirty joke told in a junior high locker room? How can foreign film makers make an R rated movie, with full nudity, seem classy?

Saw Swordfish directly after. Never cared for John Travolta as an actor, until he started getting roles as a bad guy. He puts the bad in bad guy. The R rating meant the children were not there, or more likely being quiet so they could pretend to be adults. Yep, real breasts waving in the breeze. The action sequences were much better. Because the laws of physics were in effect.

Well, that was my night off. Three more 12's before I get the weekend off. Still want to see Pearl Harbor. Take care movie fans.

hazmat
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I'am afraid to watch the movie, the video game alone gives me a boner!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#36]
I'am afraid to watch the movie, the video game alone gives me a boner!
View Quote

HEY, that's my name! Don't wear it out! [;D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Butkus 51:
View Quote

I'm hoping when Final Fantasy comes out next month, that will change.  God knows the guys and gals at Square can turn 0's and 1's into incredibly realistic images:

From the games...
[img]http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Galaxy/4992/rinoacloseup.gif[/img]

and from the Movie...
[img]http://www.finalfantasy.com/movie/images/image_jane1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.finalfantasy.com/movie/images/image_jane2.jpg[/img]

Their art and technology departments have really made something spectacular.  I really hope this turns out to be worth all the hype.

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I went to see Tomb Raider Monday afternoon. I have read some reviews that said it was terrible.  I don't agree with critics because everyone's opinion is different so everyone can be considered a critic.I don't know if that last line makes sense because its 0430hrs right now. I also don't have to many expectations from Hollywood. The movie started at 1650 and it was only $4.00 so there was not much to loose.I thought the movie was entertaining for one main reason. Its based on a videogame! How accurate and realistic do you have to make it. Just having real people in it makes it more realistic than the game.

Reasons why I like it:

I own HK USPs so would have seen the movie just for that. In fact I was probably the only one in the theater wearing an HK besides Angelina Jolie.*

More HKs, G36s although it did bother me that no one was killed during that shootout. I have always hated shows that did not show the consequences of pulling the trigger.*

Walther P99 the pistol had the angled trigger guard so I believe it was not the SW99.*

There was a Beratta 92, but Beretta are all over the movies and television.*

Angelina Jolie is easy on the eyes.*

There was not alot of profanity especially the GD word which is not necessary.*

Actually, I might get beat up on this one. There was not any nudity in it. If you need sex and profanity to sell a movie then its pretty sad. (Braveheart, StarWars, and Empire Strikes Back are a few examples although I'm not comparing this movie to them)*

Laura Croft did take time to reload magazines. Not sure if how she did it would really work though. I would have to see it again maybe in slow motion on DVD.*

Some of the special effects were kind of cool!*

Oh did I mention she carried two HK USPs.*

Sleeps with a knife.*

Little detail like a bandage on hand at end of movie.*

Reasons to not like it:

The script was sort of bland.*

Going to an Artic environment with skin tight clothes and wearing  a thin long coat that is unbuttoned just to see her jubblies. Having a coat open like that lets all your body heat escape unused.*

Overall I would say it was entertaining and just leave it at that.*

*MY opinion means nothing.

No Slack!

Link Posted: 6/19/2001 5:17:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Havent seen it YET. I'd like to have her wrap those lips around my wang and bury my face in those majestic mameries... Excuse me guys, gotta go uuhh, do some other stuff, yaa, be back in a few.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Did you all notice the pic though that I posted...

Can you say...  "Broken Thumbs"?  How about 2 fingers on the trigger...

Gawddd...  I wish they would use a Technical Coordinator that actually KNOWS something about guns, when they do a "Gunplay Movie".

I suppose that is why "Way of the Gun" was so good in that regard...

Anyway...  I think I will wait for the DVD.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wow!! You guys are really a tough crowd!
: )

i dunno, i know it wasn't an oscar award winning movie, but i sure enjoyed it!

then again, i love japanimation, too...

i took it at face value for the couple of hours of entertainment... i'd still see it again!

Jeff C/NY~~Blade
View Quote

If you like the anima see Kite, Berzerk,Trigun, Ghost in the shell, Gray, but I'd have to say Berzerk is the best there's just something about a guy how hacks up people with a 7 foot sword that is about 2 feet wide lots of blood in this one.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#42]
ninja scroll is pretty good for a hack and slash adventure
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Jaydee,
Yeah she could be pulling the hammers back, but it still wouldn't have helped her shooting.  Check out www.hkpro.com/uspmatch.htm/ and see her lesson in trigger safety.  

Hey SinstralRifleman, I disaggree because the first person could have let them look down on her chest or behind her and down at her butt.  That would have been just as good. Don't like the game though.

AJ- [}:D]  the movie-[}:(]

Ice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top