Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2005 6:07:33 PM EDT
im thinking about pre-ordering Battlefield 2...but curious as to whether or not if its gonna get here on time

any experiances with this stuff?

heres the deal:

eastore.ea.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=1078&itemType=PRODUCT&ProductID=1078
Battlefield 2™
(PC)

Release:  Ships on 06/21/2005
Price: $49.95
Preorder Battlefield 2 and receive a FREE Logitech® Internet Chat Headset* and FREE Shipping**. Simply use coupon code "BF2HDZBRD" during the checkout process.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Who knows what can happen,
Remember Halo 2?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I once hauled a load of Harry Potter video games up to Canada that was worth over $5 million US (so I was told).

The security was so tight at the shipper, they actually had off duty city cops working IN UNIFORM to prevent theft of the shit.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Remember Halo 2?

+1... When I reserved it the release date was 3 months off

I got it a year later.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I have never seen anyone get a game any sooner by pre-ordering. It's released when it's released. Never seen one sold out at all the stores in town, either.

Just a marketing gimmick.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]
i always wait about 2-3 months after the game comes out so i can get it used  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#6]
what happened with halo 2?  i pre ordered mine at best buy and got it when it came in-it was even the special edition.

jake
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I have pre-ordered from Amazon numerous times.  I also, funny that you should mention it, pre-ordered Battlefield 2.

Every time I did this, I got the game ON THE DAY it was released.  Meaning, if it said "release date June 2" I actually received it on that day - pretty cool

Amazon rules.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#8]

TAG
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have pre-ordered from Amazon numerous times.  I also, funny that you should mention it, pre-ordered Battlefield 2.

Every time I did this, I got the game ON THE DAY it was released.  Meaning, if it said "release date June 2" I actually received it on that day - pretty cool

Amazon rules.

Same goes for me.

I have pre-ordered many games, I have gotten all of them on time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I pre-ordered Battlefield: Vietnam and it came on time...

Got a nifty soundtrack too...I wish BF2 would have done that....
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Remember Halo 2?

+1... When I reserved it the release date was 3 months off

I got it a year later.

I preorderd Halo 2 when it was announced.  I think I had it on order for almost 2 years.  Fortunately it was only 5 buckers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top