Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 7:43:30 AM EDT
... you just KNOW someone is a liberal? I'm not talking of the hippies, the guys with their Trotzky-looking beards, and other obvious targets.

I was in Lowe's this morning, and saw this woman at the checkout. Within 1-2 seconds, I just KNEW she was a liberal, even though she was dressed normally in shorts and a polo shirt, nice made up and what have you. There was jusr something about her though. Maybe it was the I'm-more-enlightened-that-you-are look, or the I'll-tell-you-what's-best-for attitude on her face, but it was definitely there.

So I'm walking around getting what I need, and think to myself "nah - you can't stereotype people based on how they look and your perceptions. That's crazy!". I checked out, walked back to my truck and saw her putting her stuff in the car.

BINGO!

Kerry-Edwards bumper sticker on her car!

I then passed three more of those cars on the way in to work (Austin is a liberal stronghold unfortunately). Which brings me to my second rant. What is it with people still having those stickers on their car a year after the election? Do they LIKE having a sticker on their car that says "I'M A LOSER!" or what? Jeez. It's either bearded men, or dorky/hippy-looking chicks. Jeez.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#1]
"stereotype" is a broad generalization based on true aspects (usually). not everyone will fit the stereotype, but most will.

double layer asbestos/kevlar flame suit ON...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#2]
you live close enough to austin that your chances were better than 50/50 by hazarding a guess anyway, soccer-fairy
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
you live close enough to austin that your chances were better than 50/50 by hazarding a guess anyway, soccer-fairy

Well, you do have a point there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.
I am about 75% accurate.

BTW, does anyone else think that most Johnny Kerry bumper stickers were put on after the election?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw a guy on the street the other day with a Kerry/Edwards sticker on his truck...I wanted to yell at him, "The election's over, dumbass!"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1, considering Austin is the liberal capital of Texas.  Wonder why MTV is filming the "Real World" in Austin?  Because it's a good place to put their hippy, dorky image.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"stereotype" is a broad generalization based on true aspects (usually). not everyone will fit the stereotype, but most will.

double layer asbestos/kevlar flame suit ON...

there is some truth to sterotypes, else how do they get formed?

I can not imagine someone sitting around and one day deciced that that all redheaded women older than 40 who live on the west coast can not make christmas cookies to save their life.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#9]
All that bumper sticker proved was that she was a democrat (or at least supported the democtratic ticket in the last election).

Please don't assume every democrat is a liberal.  They assume all us republicans are racist pro lifers and that is not the case either.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#11]
People with the bumperstickers are still living in denial.

My neighbor has one on his SUV (liberal with an SUV?  CATS AND DOGS LIVING TOGETHER, OH MY GOD!) that says "John Kerry - President".

Not "For President", not "Kerry 2004".

I think he's so upset that he wants to believe that Kerry IS the President.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I live near Seattle, I ALWAYS have that feeling.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#13]
But...but...profiling is wrong...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top