Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 5:49:52 PM EDT
I'm in Orange, Tx.  Ground zero for Hurricane Rita...

Fuggin a...

I've been getting reports from my company that the truck stops are OPEN and have fuel.  They didn't tell us it was only 7a-7p.

Most of the lights are out.  This place is usually busy around the clock.  The first thought that popped into my mind, after seeing the work crews and refugees camped out in the lots, some with open fires in burner barrels or bbq grils was "Fuck... we're way beyond Thunderdome now..."

My second thought was "Why the fuck did I leave my extra mags at home and only leave 3 in my fanny pack?"

More to follow... maybe some pics... we'll see.  I've seen one Police patrol in just over 1 hour.  I'm not thinking this is the best place to be.  However, the next stop is in Louisiana... I can't carry there, and it's probably a bit more "sporty" too
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#1]
ever waking second...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I always have the feeling that i need more ammo
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Hang in there bro, the calvary is just down the road.........
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I definitely have that feeling. Being a broke college student makes it VERY tough to keep much ammo around.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The scary thing is if you goto alot of the typical websites to purchase ammo, they actually don't have what you want in stock. It seems alot of types of ammo have dried up in the last couple of months.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The scary thing is if you goto alot of the typical websites to purchase ammo, they actually don't have what you want in stock. It seems alot of types of ammo have dried up in the last couple of months.

Got to love them Mormons!

Cash and carry in UT last week...  linky
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey nationwide,
I am not flaming you here, just curious about something.  Are you saying you carry in your truck?  You are a truck driver, right?
Do you worry about D.O.T.?

Just curious,

Thanks
Travis
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I definitely have that feeling. Being a broke college student makes it VERY tough to keep much ammo around.

get a job...

im in college, have a 3.8 gpa, 3500 rds of xm193(stockpiled),  two rra uppers, one lower and 3 glocks.

jk, do whatever is easiest to keep you happy. seriously school and work are driving me nuts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#9]
You should check out my pix in Hometown, Carolinas from Mississippi.  This place has went through hell from Katrina.  I have been working my ass off too.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#10]
No matter how much I have,....always. There is never enough in my controll to satisfy me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey nationwide,
I am not flaming you here, just curious about something.  Are you saying you carry in your truck?  You are a truck driver, right?

Just curious,

Thanks
Travis

What's to worry about DOT?  Except they might get Sig envy

1) Texas allows CCW in a vehicle... Ahz be travellin!  

2) I have a permit

3) It ain't any business (or Jurisdiction) of the DOT anyways.  That is a myth.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey nationwide,

Just curious,

Thanks
Travis

2) I have a permit

Oh, I thought CDL drivers were under D.O.T.(Federal)regulation?
Do you ever go into New York or Canada, or any state that dosent allow CCW?

Again I am just curious, thanks for the information!

Travis
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey nationwide,

Just curious,

Thanks
Travis

2) I have a permit

Travis

sniff.... sniff....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#14]
More ammo? Why stop there!
I want (need)

More guns
More ammo
More sex
More sq to my house
More insulation
More car
More garage
More sex
More tools
More night vision
More emergency supplies
More sex
More acreage
Did I mention my wife doesnt put out enough?

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey nationwide,

Just curious,

Thanks
Travis

2) I have a permit

Travis

We are under DOT regulations... THERE IS NO DOT LAW PROHIBITING THE CARRY OF FIREARMS IN TRUCKS!!!!

Sorry... one of my pet peeves...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#16]
More than 10K rounds?

Sure, I could use more ammo.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey nationwide,

Just curious,

Thanks
Travis

2) I have a permit

Travis

We are under DOT regulations... THERE IS NO DOT LAW PROHIBITING THE CARRY OF FIREARMS IN TRUCKS!!!!

Sorry... one of my pet peeves...

Dont be sorry, I wasn't aware of that.  I drove for 10 years and was under the impression that it was against federal law, not to mention alot of state laws.

Then again I never really pushed the subject or researched for myself, I didnt carry then.

Thanks for the info, I just wondered if it ever caused you problems with other states/contries.

Be safe out there, and I appreciate what you sacrifice and put up with so the rest of us can have our asswipe and ect.

Travis
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I just passed through Orange today, and you're right it is pretty torn up. A few places still have gas, though. Louisiana allows you to keep a firearm in your car, permit or not. Can't say about truckers though, dunno about that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Of course I wish I had more ammo.

You can never be too good looking, you can never be too rich and you can never be too well armed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Of course I wish I had more ammo.

You can never be too good looking, you can never be too rich and you can never be too well armed.

Fortunately for you, you are well armed at least
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
However, the next stop is in Louisiana... I can't carry there, and it's probably a bit more "sporty" too hr

A Texas CHL is good in Louisiana, brother. Is there some other reason you'd be restricted in LA?

And in louisiana your vehicle is an extension of your home.. perfectly legal to have a weapon concealed in the truck.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
However, the next stop is in Louisiana... I can't carry there, and it's probably a bit more "sporty" too

A Texas CHL is good in Louisiana, brother. Is there some other reason you'd be restricted in LA?

Yeah, I'm carrying on my North Dakota CHL
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, I'm carrying on my North Dakota CHL

As an OTR trucker, it would be worth your while to get a Florida non-resident CHL.

That is very true.  I just passed my DOT physical, so I'll be in my current job for another 2 years.  Time to send in the packet I guess.  

I've had the Florida packet for a few years.  When I moved back to Texas, I took a CHL class.  Never sent in the papers though... then they started honoring the North Dakota CHL, so I figured I'm good.  

I just started carrying in the truck this summer.  Primarily just to have a firearm in the event I am unable to get back to Dallas.  But I have found myself carrying from time to time out here... like tonight.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

get a job...

im in college, have a 3.8 gpa, 3500 rds of xm193(stockpiled),  two rra uppers, one lower and 3 glocks.

jk, do whatever is easiest to keep you happy. seriously school and work are driving me nuts.

I have one. I think my problem is that I buy too many guns when I should probably just have a couple and use the extra money to buy more ammo.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#27]
damn im a college student and i work many hours a week, its tough to keep ammo around. i am about to put a new order of 223 in, im OK on 7.62x39 but im down to <100 rds on AR after my last weekend of shooting fun :(
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#28]
SIG ENVY I guess that would anyone whom has never owned one!!! If you have owned a P-220 two tone ,one would have been enough!  Do they make a real full sized(38 oz) pistol?

Good news Gas 2.24 gal,deisel 254 gal here at Seven-11!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top