Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/1/2007 7:26:05 PM EDT

So, what to you guys smoke, anyway? What do you ask for at the counter? When I walk in, it's Winston box. They lay it on the counter as I walk in.

My wife smokes Marlboro Blend #27.

How 'bout you? Non-smokers may feel free to leave witty comments, but I think you're pussies.

EDIT: Also, box or soft pack?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Legal suicide
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I change it up.  Marlboro and Camels mostly.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Camel Wides.

No 27s are okay, but I won't smoke anything else unless it's all they got.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Camel lights hard pack.  Camel Joe got me as a kid.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Marlboro Red Box or Camel Filters.

But I only smoke about a pack a month.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quit 11 months ago.  Used to smoke Marlboro Lights.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

RJ Reynolds vs Phillip Morris? I'll bet you own a Glock and a 1911, too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to smoke regularly.  Now it is just occasional, like when I'm drinking or go to a bar.  When I do smoke I smoke Winstons.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RJR all they way here, even though I've got some pretty sweet stuff courtesy of Phillip Morris and his Marlboro miles.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#11]
camel lights.  Marlboro's taste nasty to me.....like stale or something.  27's are good....but they kinda burn your throat.  camel lights are the perfect combo of robust without being sharp.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Non-smokers are pussy's? We're not the one's who always have to have something in our mouths.

They don't call them pole smokers for nothing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there really a difference between brands? (Taste, etc.)
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Marlboro Menthols in a box. Usually buy them 2 cartons at a whack.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Matter of fact, I do, G17 & Springfield Loaded.

My parents are heavy smokers & they don't understand how I can switch brands like that. My siblings smoke the same brand as my parents, makes it easier to steal packs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I smoked for 14 years but quit about 2 years ago.

I always preferred menthols.  I was a cheapass.  Basics Menthol lights.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Absolutely, IMO.  Marlboros taste like shit to me and burn my tongue.  Camels are pretty good, but I think Winstons are the best.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Marlboro Ultra Lights
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Like you wouldn't believe.  I about puke if I try to smoke Pall Malls.

ETA: I'm gonna have to try some Winstons cause of you guys.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had cancer once.  Don't need to do that again.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quit smoking about 3 and a half years ago, but yes there is a difference. I smoked Camels and Marlboros, Camels had a better flavor.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Camel Filters for 20+ years till I had a stroke.

Switched to Marlboros.....then back to the Camels

Pipe smoker now. Much more flavor and don't inhale as much.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Drum
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I was an idiot for fifteen years and mostly smoked Winstons.

Now I just enjoy BREATHING.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#26]
  I guess I'm pretty lucky. I smoke about 1 or 2 cigarettes a week. I only get the urge sometimes in the morning if it's cold out and I'm drinking a cup of coffe, or if I'm out drinking and there are alot of smokers around.

I'll sometime go off the deep end and buy a pack of 'em about once a year, but I never finish them. I can't smoke them all. I think I'm lucky not to get hooked.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#27]
When I used to smoke - Marlborough Lights Box

2 + packs a day.

I quit about 7 yrs ago. No pussy here. I just felt smoking was the dumbest ass thing I have ever done in my life. Nothing smart about it, it just screams dumbass. Yes I used to smoke. I am not saying it screams the smoker is always a dumbass, just the habit/addiction is a dumbass thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#28]
You'll feel really manly when your circulation goes to shit and your feet start to hurt and then your toes turn black as they die from chronic circulatory failure.     Circulation problems cause constant pain.

And let's not forget Pulmonary Fibrosis, emphysema, lung cancer, etc.   The most benign of them is PF.   My father has it.  He smoked since he was a teenager until he was about 44, and he's 77 now and sleeps with supplemental oxygen every night and carries an oxygen
bottle if he does anything outside for very long.    The condition only gets worse.  
Odds are that he'll be unable to get out of bed in the last months of his life as he won't be
able to get enough oxygen even if on 100 percent oxygen at that time.

To lose the ability to get enough oxygen from normal breathing.  What a terrible thing to do to yourself because you're too damned STUPID AND WEAK to overpower your ADDICTION and stop smoking.

I'm watching a friend of mine smoke himself to death right now.  He SAYS he's quitting
but I see no difference in how many packs he's buying and smoking.  His feet are
starting to hurt and he has bad circulation and his weight problem isn't helping.  
He's 52 and looks almost as old as my father who's 25 years older.  

Keep smoking and this is your future.     I'm 42, I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs,and I look almost ten years younger than my age.   The difference is my lack of these vices.

CJ
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Keep smoking and this is your future.     I'm 42, I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs,and I look almost ten years younger than my age.   The difference is my lack of these vices.

CJ

Meh. You posted a pic once. You look about 42 to me.

Good on ya for the clean livin', though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Every once in a while, I think of how I'd like to take a drag off a cig.  But that thought is exceedingly short-lived.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Marlboro ultra light 100's (box) about a pack a week, when I'm at work and stressin'
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Salem 100s, I walk in and the chick asks "one pack or three?"
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Used to smoke Marlboro Reds.
Haven't had a cigarrete in almost 4 years.

I remember when I first tried smoking and coughed my ass off for several minutes when I inhaled.

What would drive someone to keep doing that until they became accomplished at the task?

Sheer lunacy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, they're your lungs but methinks you'll regret it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Every once in a while, I think of how I'd like to take a drag off a cig.  But that thought is exceedingly short-lived.

Trade in your tommorows for today.

You want to take a drag off that cig for a reason. It's gooooooooood.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trade in your tommorows for today.

You want to take a drag off that cig for a reason. It's gooooooooood.

Nah...I like being able to breathe and smell things...oh, and waking up without my mouth tasting like an ashtray pretty much kicks ass.  

I was a 2 pack/day Camel straights smoker for a number of years.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
www.uihealthcare.com/depts/cancercenter/patients/smokingteens/images/boyemphasema.jpg

I've never seen that picture!

I think I'm going to quit tommorow! I've seen the light!

(Incidentally, was that the result of Marlboro red's, or lights?)
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
You'll feel really manly when your circulation goes to shit and your feet start to hurt and then your toes turn black as they die from chronic circulatory failure.     Circulation problems cause constant pain.

And let's not forget Pulmonary Fibrosis, emphysema, lung cancer, etc.   The most benign of them is PF.   My father has it.  He smoked since he was a teenager until he was about 44, and he's 77 now and sleeps with supplemental oxygen every night and carries an oxygen
bottle if he does anything outside for very long.    The condition only gets worse.  
Odds are that he'll be unable to get out of bed in the last months of his life as he won't be
able to get enough oxygen even if on 100 percent oxygen at that time.

To lose the ability to get enough oxygen from normal breathing.  What a terrible thing to do to yourself because you're too damned STUPID AND WEAK to overpower your ADDICTION and stop smoking.

I'm watching a friend of mine smoke himself to death right now.  He SAYS he's quitting
but I see no difference in how many packs he's buying and smoking.  His feet are
starting to hurt and he has bad circulation and his weight problem isn't helping.  
He's 52 and looks almost as old as my father who's 25 years older.  

CJ

Remember---Yule Gibbons?  

When your time is up it's up.  You can try to prolong it but nothing you do or don't do is a guarante.

Roy
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Nah...I like being able to breathe and smell things...oh, and waking up without my mouth tasting like an ashtray pretty much kicks ass.  

The world is a stinky place. Protect yourself.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Reds was my  main cig. Camels on occasion. Thats about it. Then I quit. Cold turkey. Been fine ever since

Smoked for about 9 years.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Camel Lights hard pack
about 1 pack a week
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Asbestos 100’s with the habanera filter.  Everything else is just a Virginia Slim  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

After I quit I had dreams about smoking. Chantix worked for me and I tried everything else. Also a mental image helped me more than anything. I took a pillow case, dipped it in water, then put it over a tail pipe of a car. Within minutes the pillow case was completely black. I then dipped a cigarette butt in water, then smoked the cigarette- the whole end of the butt was black. That shit, those chemicals were in my lungs, killing me slowly, taking years away from being with my wife, my family all because of an addiction, a weakness.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#45]
 I've never smoked but I can see the attraction. I was thinking about starting. My plan was to start gradually by using the patch in reverse. Once I was hooked, I would really enjoy lighting up. Then I calculated what I would spend on cigarettes in one year. I'm just too cheap to pick up another bad habit.
 Most of the smokers that I know have tried to quit several times and failed several times. My advice to them is that they shouldn't bother trying to quit. Then they wouldn't feel weak. Besides, self denial is over rated.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Used to smoke Natural American Spirit Periques. American Spirits are hands down the best cigarettes I've ever smoked.

Unfortunately since the Texas price hike I've gone to Winstons.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Quit 11 months ago.  Used to smoke Marlboro Lights.

Same here only I haven't smoked in a week

The depression is leaving, in a couple weeks I'll probably be smoking again
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After I quit I had dreams about smoking. Chantix worked for me and I tried everything else. Also a mental image helped me more than anything. I took a pillow case, dipped it in water, then put it over a tail pipe of a car. Within minutes the pillow case was completely black. I then dipped a cigarette butt in water, then smoked the cigarette- the whole end of the butt was black. That shit, those chemicals were in my lungs, killing me slowly, taking years away from being with my wife, my family all because of an addiction, a weakness.  

I had no problem at all after quiting. Occasional recolection of how great it was to smoke and drink. To this day I still have dreams of giving in and taking a smoke only to wake up thankfull it was only a dream. I lost a Grandfather and a Great Aunt over it. Also my Great Uncle lost a lung. just not worth it. Yes I could still die from what I did but I am hopefully reducing my chances. Plus, you stink like shit! Realy you do. Was told that after I quit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Started with my mom's Winstons, started smoking my own Kool Filters, moved on to Marlboro Greens, decided menthol was the debil, went to Reds, and then to Camel Filters.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Back in the day I was a pussy (still am) that smoked Marlboro Light Menthols.  Box, definitely box.

I quit roughly 10 years ago and haven't looked back.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top