Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:17:50 PM EDT

Still looking for info on what the heck they plan to do with it...Yow!!

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd rather persue in a helicopter.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Great.  and they Forking kill themselves and civies on it  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
OOO shit.

Fuck you might as well not even bother running. What do those things do like 250mph.

They need to get them Winchester 1897's to keep on the sides
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OOO shit.

Fuck you might as well not even bother running. What do those things do like 250mph.

yea they are hotter than shit.
just remember to keep the rubber side down.
not an easy thing to do at 150+
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Ban them for the children!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ban them for the children!

The only way to get a ban on Oklahoma State Troopers is if you grandfather the existing ones with a sunset clause....oh wait..nevermind
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a bunch of fat kids living out their fantasies on someones else's money.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#8]
did they BUY it or seize it? my local PD where i grew up seizes "drug" cars and paints them up in the dept colors then uses them.  they have a camaro, stang, and a few ricer cars.

zey neet to be umpeemped
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an '04 Busa. Top speed is 187Mph, stock. Knowing what I do about my bike I can say with authority that having one as a PD bike is a VERY bad idea. To survive a ride on a Hayabusa (Peregrine Falcon in Japanese) you must concentrate. Focus on the road, bike and weather. If you drift you'll find yourself eating a power pole at 175Mph. You can not chase another bike for long before something bad happens.

I hope that's just a PR bike.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have an '04 Busa. Top speed is 187Mph, stock. Knowing what I do about my bike I can say with authority that having one as a PD bike is a VERY bad idea. To survive a ride on a Hayabusa (Peregrine Falcon in Japanese) you must concentrate. Focus on the road, bike and weather. If you drift you'll find yourself eating a power pole at 175Mph. You can not chase another bike for long before something bad happens.

Yeah, because the Troopers couldn't possibly know what it's capable of and make sure that the rider knows WTF he's doing
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd like to buy a Hayabusa for giggles...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
did they BUY it or seize it? my local PD where i grew up seizes "drug" cars and paints them up in the dept colors then uses them.  they have a camaro, stang, and a few ricer cars.

zey neet to be umpeemped

Drug Seizure..

Trooper who's riding it talks about the bike in a Sport Bike Forum:

www.speed-tribe.com/forums/view-posts.asp?forum=1&id=19908&page=1

some of the avatars aren't exactly work safe
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, because the Troopers couldn't possibly know what it's capable of and make sure that the rider knows WTF he's doing

There has to be a trooper professional enough on the road to handle a Suzuki 1300
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There has to be a trooper professional enough on the road to handle a Suzuki 1300

Only if it had a Glock Fotee on the side
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool!  I would love to have one of those on the interstate!

-K
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only if it had a Glock Fotee on the side

I'm sure he does.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, more like some cop will be running at 150 and try to talk on his radio or play with the buttons.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Brilliant.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Just a bunch of fat kids living out their fantasies on someones else's money.

I love it!  Only squids buy Busa's anyhow.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I was thinking the same. Day after day. Soon there will be a mistake and then it's by-by baby.

That ain't no Kawasaki with saddle bags.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Two Things

I  have been through the C.L.E.E.T. Bicycle course in Oklahoma it is rated as the same or harder then I.P.M.B.A.  and on riding our obsticale course a Motorcycle cop came through and rode the course on his motor cycle..how he did it I will never know but then two others came and rode the damn course the only part they didnt do was the off road and the serpintine as it was too smalll for them to weave but they were doing three circulations in both a 10'X10' box and a 10'X10' circle with no feet on the ground pegs scraping the whole way....they went to explalin that the motorcycle course was pretty much the same as the bike course we were doing...
\Now this acadamy is the hardest school I have ever done both in cordination and in physical abilities.. it was harder than S.R.T. school...to say the least the Moto guys  impressed me....

2. The bike is for Public Relations......not to say that it will never be used in a chase...but thats not its primary function.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#22]
The title of your thread should be :  "You can hide but you can't run"

I think you got it backwards.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/832380/busa.jpg
img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/832380/busa1.jpg

The words highway patrol are on the bike, so I believe they plan on using to patrol the highways. Catch up to speeders quickly while hanging out in a low visibility speed trap area.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#24]
#1 - I bet they STOLE it from it's own (probably drug confiscation)

#2 - SPLATTER - then they'll want to ban them
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The words highway patrol are on the bike, so I believe they plan on using to patrol the highways. Catch up to speeders quickly while hanging out in a low visibility speed trap area.

I originally thought the bike was going to be for PR only...but after reading the thread I posted earlier, the trooper riding it says that it will be used for patrol
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and he's gonna keep all his other cop shit where exactly?

Oh, and how about a radio?

PR ride, like a DARE car.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#27]
wonder if it'll be allowed in High speed persuit? i know alot of bike cops aren't.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#28]
How did they get the bike?
Seizure?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What should they have written on it?  That is their agency, after all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.  No matter what, cops, by design, are the biggest gear whores on the planet. Even traffic guys on bikes wind up with a lot of shit to carry around.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#31]
great idea to spend taxpayers money on
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.  No matter what, cops, by design, are the biggest gear whores on the planet. Even traffic guys on bikes wind up with a lot of shit to carry around.

Guess you didn't read the thread on the bike site.  It's for patrol.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I'm betting it was a seizure.
Either way....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

And it seems you didn't/can't read that it was a seizure.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess you didn't read the thread on the bike site.  It's for patrol.

Guess you don't understand all the shit cops wind up carrying. I'll believe they patrol on that thing when I see it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Hope nobody drians his oil like goose up  there

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Nothing you can do on a bike to stop a car...high speed persuit on a bike is v v v bad idea. Simple as that.

(PS: My only vehicle is a Suzuki DL-1000 and I commute to work with it everyday)

Fact is cars can corner and stop faster than bikes...no to mention you can't exactly knock a car over.

Busa for persuit not a very good idea.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Your title needs to be changed to "You can hide, but you cant run"
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Ok.. I take it all the roads are straight in Oklahoma?

So Mr. Getaway driver with his mullet and coolguy Camaro are doing 120mph with a 'Busa on his ass.

"SHIT I can't outrun him. BUT I can outstop him." Lean on the brakes and the trooper would be eating bumper.

IMO the radio still works, Use it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

It is a DRUG SIEZURE as many have mentioned in this thread. So don't worry, you can keep the $0.00000001 that you would have lost had you lived in Ohio.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Done
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Probably never chase anyone. More than likely against policy.  What's the big deal?  Lots of police use BMW's etc.   Somebody even uses Ducati's.  I don't think the price is that out of line with a Harley.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Done

Ill be damned, that worked..... OK lets try this...

"Send me a check for $10,000."
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Done

Ill be damned, that worked..... OK lets try this...

"Send me a check for $10,000."

Umm, yeah, I'll have to get back to you on that one
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
OOO shit.

189 from the factory... i dont think i could get a stock busa doing 250, i could be wrong but i dont see it happening.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:50:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is a DRUG SIEZURE as many have mentioned in this thread. So don't worry, you can keep the $0.00000001 that you would have lost had you lived in Ohio.

its Oklahoma....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OOO shit.

189 from the factory... i dont think i could get a stock busa doing 250, i could be wrong but i dont see it happening.

499BHP 'Busa

I think it could hit 250 if it could stay on the ground
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:56:05 AM EDT
[#49]
This will NOT end well...

Reminds me of the Pasadena cop who went from a Gold Wing to a Yamaha V-Max POLICE BIKE many years ago.

Everyone thought it was a great idea. "Fast bike, NO ONE will get away from me now."

Yeah well, the only thing that got away from him one day on Hwy. 225 was the V-MAX about 90-100 mph. Full lock tank slapper that broke off the left steering stop, among other things.

Wrecker drags the remains into my shop, big brass showed up later to see the carnage. Everyone wanted to know why the MOTORCYCLE did this.  

After I explained the root cause was the improperly mounted HANDLEBAR windshield, moving radar mounted on the HANDLEBARS, pursuit lights that interferred with the steering, etc..., the big guys quickly figured out that going fast on a cop (sport) bike was not a really good idea.

And of course, the officer sued Yamaha, the shop that sold him the parts, and everyone that had ever touched the bike.

Then there was the officer that built the ST1100 BUT thats a story for another time.

That 'Zuke will be comming to a salvage yard near you soon.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:56:52 AM EDT
[#50]
That's a nice bike.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top