Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/18/2010 9:26:39 AM EDT
4-19-2010 as close to DC as possible

What: Restore the Constitution rally at a firearms carry legal location as close to DC as possible
When: April 19, 2010, the 235th anniversary of the first shot of the american Revolution
Where: Ft. Hunt National Park, VA (10 mi south of DC) with convoys heading north to Gravlly Point Park, VA (right on the Potomac, less than a mile from DC; you can see the Capitol from here)
Why: Ask yourself "Is the Constitution really being followed anymore?"

Replace the pine trees in the background with the Potomac river, Washington Monument, and US Capitol, and you get the picture:

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad92/barelyillegal79/RTC/YOURRIGHTSUSEEMORLOSEEM.jpg

More info here and elsewhere:
http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/2010/03/19-april-2010-bring-your-sidearms-and.html
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 3:42:42 PM EDT
Hmm, interesting. Looks like I'll be spening the montth in DC. I'm going to the 2nd Amendment march too.

DC Rally and march; http://secondamendmentmarch.com/

State Rallies; http://secondamendmentmarch.com/

Hope to see you there. Thaks for posting that
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 8:06:24 PM EDT
I am more interested in this than the D.C. march. I may have to do this instead. I do not wish to walk around D.C. unarmed. I feel like it is more giving in to their unconstitutional laws by ceding my right to bear arms as soon as I walk in the city. I will have to see about this. Thanks for posting. Any expectations of numbers for this?
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 4:58:33 AM EDT
Interesting...I am concerned that this will turn into a confiscation party. I can carry in VA, but do not want to lose anything good or become a felon and then lose all my rights to the 2A.
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 5:00:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Wojo:
Interesting...I am concerned that this will turn into a confiscation party. I can carry in VA, but do not want to lose anything good or become a felon and then lose all my rights to the 2A.

Confiscation at this would be illegal unless you are carrying a loaded shotgun or rifle. If you are concerned you could just open carry a handgun, or remain concealed. VA will abide by their laws. Any chest thumping LE who wants to confiscate legally carried firearms will be up a creek.
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 5:57:49 AM EDT
I understand that in theory VA is separate, but what happens when the National Police (BATF) show up in mass in the name of public safety? Sure in court, after thousands of dollars spent to retrieve your firearms you have a good chance of winning, but this scenario is something on my mind. With that said, I WILL be there. I had planned on making the trip, but was waiting for the right venue. I think this is it.

FWIW, because the media is what it is, I would recommend keeping the real 'scary' EBR stuff home. KISS and dress nice. Last thing the media wants is professional and responsible looking gun owners. You know, they are going find all the bubba's and white power guys to scare the public. Shotgun or the muzzle loader with a 45 will be worn.

I will help spread the word on this part of the event.

Are there any Oath Keepers like myself going?
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 6:49:49 PM EDT
I understand that in theory VA is separate, but what happens when the National Police (BATF) show up in mass in the name of public safety? Sure in court, after thousands of dollars spent to retrieve your firearms you have a good chance of winning, but this scenario is something on my mind. With that said, I WILL be there. I had planned on making the trip, but was waiting for the right venue. I think this is it.

FWIW, because the media is what it is, I would recommend keeping the real 'scary' EBR stuff home. KISS and dress nice. Last thing the media wants is professional and responsible looking gun owners. You know, they are going find all the bubba's and white power guys to scare the public. Shotgun or the muzzle loader with a 45 will be worn.

I see it as opposite, lets see responsible looking gun owners being responsible with SCARY looking LEGAL weapons. If you show the public granddaddy's old shotgun...then thats what they envision.
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 6:54:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kncook:

I see it as opposite, lets see responsible looking gun owners being responsible with SCARY looking LEGAL weapons. If you show the public granddaddy's old shotgun...then thats what they envision.

+1
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 10:42:53 PM EDT

Just a FYI not that I am one or anything so don't get that idea in your head but if the 2A is a right then how is it that a right can be taken away? Especially one that was not granted to you by the gov. There are many many felons out there that have reformed and become productive members of society. Continuing to label and punish them for the rest of their lives is if anything unconstitutional. I agree that a criminal should have these so called rights stripped while they are serving their sentance but once that is over has not their debt to society been paid? Or are they for the rest of their lives to be considered second class citizens that don't have the god given right to protect themselvs and their familes just like the rest of us? It seems to me that if you are for the constitution as I am then you need to be for the constitution for all.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 4:12:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mclaren3435:

Just a FYI not that I am one or anything so don't get that idea in your head but if the 2A is a right then how is it that a right can be taken away? Especially one that was not granted to you by the gov. There are many many felons out there that have reformed and become productive members of society. Continuing to label and punish them for the rest of their lives is if anything unconstitutional. I agree that a criminal should have these so called rights stripped while they are serving their sentance but once that is over has not their debt to society been paid? Or are they for the rest of their lives to be considered second class citizens that don't have the god given right to protect themselvs and their familes just like the rest of us? It seems to me that if you are for the constitution as I am then you need to be for the constitution for all.

That is a big argument among arfcommers. The line is "If we can't trust them out of prison with a gun, then we can't trust them out of prison." But that topic is probably for another thread.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 7:13:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Just1ce:
Originally Posted By mclaren3435:

That is a big argument among arfcommers. The line is "If we can't trust them out of prison with a gun, then we can't trust them out of prison." But that topic is probably for another thread.

yep it is, just saw that comment and could not be quiet, would love to come to the fathering but alas I live in Washington state

Link Posted: 3/23/2010 7:44:30 AM EDT
Don't get me wrong here, I agree with everyone's view on our rights, But at this point in our country's demise, the Constitution and our Bill or Rights have been trampled for personal gains and view points on the hill. It is sad that our Constitution does not afford the protection and rights to individuals as it once did.

In my communist sector aka NJ, if you are a felon, the state will not issue you a Firearms ID card and will 'rescind' your right to self protection. At a .gov professional event I attended a couple of years ago, these agents of the Constitution were openly against NJ's 2A policies. They felt that the poor SOB's that had minor infractions years ago can't defend themselves in their own homes. This makes the gangs / drug dealers able to force their will upon the residences of these Section 8 housing areas. The thugs will tell you, that you need to store their contraband for them or use your apartment to hide from LEO's when they come storming in. Of course the liberal media will NEVER see that part of the equation.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 12:55:06 PM EDT
This is too awesome!!!

I hope many people show up to this.
With my current financial situation I wont be able to make it.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND KEEP IT PEACEFUL!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 3:35:20 PM EDT
Everyone dress in your Sunday best.....and bring beltfeds!
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 3:45:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kncook:
Everyone dress in your Sunday best.....and bring beltfeds!

Slinging a M240 muzzle down over my shoulder is going to be a challenge.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 8:48:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2010 8:49:53 AM EDT by gotigers]

sheeple thoughts like that is how we got where we are now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 8:57:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gotigers:

News flash Einstein. Getting arrested for some of us can ruin our professional careers, compromise clearances and things like that. Not all of us flip burgers or mow lawns to make a living. You don't know me or what I am about. Are you going or just going to be a basement commentator?
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 2:02:57 PM EDT

News flash Einstein. Getting arrested for some of us can ruin our professional careers, compromise clearances and things like that. Not all of us flip burgers or mow lawns to make a living. You don't know me or what I am about. Are you going or just going to be a basement commentator?

I wasn't going to comment but you sir are an ASS!

You think that clearance you have is going to mean shit when you get turned into a slave? Only people that have nothing to loose and shit jobs go to things like this? Your holier than thou attitude is what has put this country to where it is now.

I pledge My Life, and My fortune, to change this country, not for myself, for others, I will die a free man, when you fear the government you are already a slave.
I will now go back to flipping burgers and mowing laws and doing stuff that sub standard citizens do!

Un Fucking Believable
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 2:13:05 PM EDT

I am more interested in this than the D.C. march. I may have to do this instead. I do not wish to walk around D.C. unarmed. I feel like it is more giving in to their unconstitutional laws by ceding my right to bear arms as soon as I walk in the city. I will have to see about this. Thanks for posting. Any expectations of numbers for this?

I think a million people in DC with empty holsters at their sides would send quite an effective message.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 3:41:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2010 3:42:09 PM EDT by Wojo]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

I wasn't going to comment but you sir are an ASS! Thank you, Thank you very much. .

You think that clearance you have is going to mean shit when you get turned into a slave? Only people that have nothing to loose and shit jobs go to things like this? NO, I didn't say that, if you read my response, you would see that I had planned on attending. It is more towards things I have to be concerned about to provide for my family.Responsibilities is the real world. Your holier than thou attitude is what has put this country to where it is now. Again, you have no idea about me to make that statement.

I pledge My Life, and My fortune, to change this country, not for myself, for others, I will die a free man, when you fear the government you are already a slave.
I will now go back to flipping burgers and mowing laws and doing stuff that sub standard citizens do! (Don't over do it burger-boy, I mow my own yard)

Un Fucking Believable

I won't waste anymore of my time trying to explain my world to simpletons who can't fathom things beyond their world as they know it. To most of you here I hope to see you at the event. To some of you others, I prefer not to have my pickles all stacked up in the center of the bun. Lighten up Francis....jeez.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 3:49:15 PM EDT
I'm in!

Gun confiscation party? I think not, do you really think they would try to disarm a LARGE(I hope) crowd of men and women that are armed with AR's and the like?

That said I will be taking my most accurate and reliable carbine and 6 mags.

What side arm 45,40,9mm?? hmmm? maybe 2....... yeah 2

Hope this is a constitution rally!
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 3:58:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2010 4:02:13 PM EDT by gotigers]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

I wasn't going to comment but you sir are an ASS! Thank you, Thank you very much. .

You think that clearance you have is going to mean shit when you get turned into a slave? Only people that have nothing to loose and shit jobs go to things like this? NO, I didn't say that, if you read my response, you would see that I had planned on attending. It is more towards things I have to be concerned about to provide for my family.Responsibilities is the real world. Your holier than thou attitude is what has put this country to where it is now. Again, you have no idea about me to make that statement.

I will now go back to flipping burgers and mowing laws and doing stuff that sub standard citizens do! (Don't over do it burger-boy, I mow my own yard)

Un Fucking Believable

I won't waste anymore of my time trying to explain my world to simpletons who can't fathom things beyond their world as they know it. To most of you here I hope to see you at the event. To some of you others, I prefer not to have my pickles all stacked up in the center of the bun. Lighten up Francis....jeez.

run and hide. the hearder is coming with his staff to take the sheeple to slaughter. Our country is in big trouble if peole are worried about their jobs vs a commy take over.

besides, what can they arrest you for? having a legal gun?
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 4:00:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2010 4:08:07 PM EDT by gotigers]
Originally Posted By coldbore141:
I'm in!

Gun confiscation party? I think not, do you really think they would try to disarm a LARGE(I hope) crowd of men and women that are armed with AR's and the like?................!

Agreed. I dont think they will show their true intentions and start taking guns. That would start civil unrest.

This could end up like Kosovo on steroids.
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 8:02:42 PM EDT
Is there a website where this armed protest is being organized on the Potomac?
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 1:22:52 PM EDT
I am not seeing a big response to this event so far. I have RSVP'd, but the turnout numbers seem to be very, very low so close to the event.
Link Posted: 3/31/2010 4:35:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2010 4:50:59 AM EDT
Official GOA march info: http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/SAM-rules

I was referring to the armed march not the general gathering in DC. So far only 16 have committed. I was hoping to see numbers in the hundreds / thousands by now. The short bus can hold this many people. If there is another site that has more people registering for this part of the event, I would love to see it. I'm going down no doubt, but which side of the Potomac is the question at this point.

Fort Hunt - Armed Gathering Event Page
Link Posted: 4/1/2010 4:35:06 AM EDT
For those that chastised me about being concerned about losing a clearance, you see, I am not alone. Regardless of your thoughts on me, I hope to see any and everyone there.

FROM STEWART RHODES: Oath Keepers Position on Citizens Militias

There have been several posts on our forums inviting people to join a particular citizens militia. This post is addressed to the authors of such posts, and serves as our position on citizens militias and on such attempts to recruit for them here on our forums:

You'll be hard pressed to find a more staunch supporter of your right to form citizen militias. I was one of the volunteer lawyers on the appeal of Arkansas Militia Captain Wayne Fincher. I wrote the section of his brief on how the Second Amendment protects an individual right to own weapons of military utility.
...snippage here.

From the very beginning we have had active duty military and police who insisted on there being no overt militia ties. They have some very valid reasons for doing so. For one, they could lose their security clearances.

I think it's abhorrent that we live in an age when simply following in the footsteps of your forefathers by serving in a volunteer citizens militia is given the taint and notoriety it has been given. But it is nonetheless a fact that the political left has been successful in smearing and demonizing citizen militias to the point that active duty military can lose their security clearances or otherwise suffer repercussions from their command if they are associated with a citizens militia. Ditto for police. I don't like it, but that is the way it is.

Our primary goal is to reach as many active duty as we can to make sure they are on our side, on the side of the people, and on the side of the Constitution. That mission is vital and that mission comes first. We will reach more of them if we don't have official ties to citizens militias. If we had overt ties to militias, it would reduce the number who will come to our site, who will associate with us or who will join this org. That would hurt our ability to reach them all.

...snipped again.

For the success of our mission, it is vital that we keep it that way and that means no official militia ties - and that includes not recruiting for militias on our public forums.

For the Republic,

Stewart Rhodes
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 6:36:33 AM EDT

Stay home, you're psychologically defeated already, no sense in getting in the way of free men and women.

Link Posted: 4/7/2010 6:46:52 AM EDT
to Wojo: no one has asked you to do anything illegal, join a malitia or take arms against the government. This is simply a call to rally for a peaceful protest.

Link Posted: 4/7/2010 10:01:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tommygun2000:

Stay home, you're psychologically defeated already, no sense in getting in the way of free men and women.

CoC and class prevent me from telling what you can do. Like I said, I will be there, are you?
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 11:41:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2010 11:41:25 AM EDT by gotigers]
to Wojo: I want to say. I do disagree with some of what you are saying, i am grateful for your participation. Thanks for doing what you can. We can not afford to fight among ourselves.
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 1:04:44 PM EDT
Amen brother.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 4:45:30 PM EDT
Well the official announcement came in from the Oath Keepers Board of Directors that they are no longer supporting this part of the DC rally. Something is going on behind the scenes that isn't kosher. Could be da man found something to strong arm the board. I will hold full judgment for another day, but something smells like shit here and I wonder who dropped the load. This is getting interesting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 4:52:55 PM EDT

Anyone heard of the Bonus Army? That was a peaceful protest too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 8:14:48 PM EDT
The key word in Tyranny is FEAR Without Fear there can be no Tyranny..... Stop being Scared that your Employee's won't like what your doing. Besides, being a Pussy is no fun !
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 8:56:21 PM EDT
Anyone hear about the anti TEA Party group called CRASH and what their plans are?

I can't help but think this type of protest with legal guns (unloaded) is asking for a "plant" with a loaded gun to cast a dark shadow on the other peaceful protesters. Something like a "false flag".

Anybody familiar with " Enemies, Foreign and Domestic" , if so, you understand what I mean.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 7:34:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/16/2010 7:40:45 PM EDT by resteva]
Can anyone who was present at this event give us a report on what the situation was like at this site and if any issues arose?

Be careful and be smart!
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 7:45:35 PM EDT
Long guns have been carried into Texas banks since the times before we became a state. We still do.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 7:47:15 PM EDT

Confiscation at this would be illegal unless you are carrying a loaded shotgun or rifle. If you are concerned you could just open carry a handgun, or remain concealed. VA will abide by their laws. Any chest thumping LE who wants to confiscate legally carried firearms will be up a creek.

Come to Texas and open carry your loaded long gun as much as you want.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:13:37 AM EDT
I am leaving at midnight tomorrow for the rally. I hope to see some of you down there. I'll be in Washington until noon and then head down to RTC rally. I will be the shadow for a key note speaker who is addressing both events for the day. I'll be the guy with shades and an ear bug. 6'1", 220, buzz cut, goatee and thousand yard stare. Can't get closer to the action then that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 9:21:25 AM EDT
And that is one of the reasons why TEXAS ROCKS!

Originally Posted By MotorcycleManiac:
Long guns have been carried into Texas banks since the times before we became a state. We still do.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:33:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By resteva:
And that is one of the reasons why TEXAS ROCKS!

Originally Posted By MotorcycleManiac:

How does that Texas open carry of a handgun work again?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:03:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2010 5:32:02 AM EDT by Wojo]
So to all the guys busting my nuts about this, Where were you yesterday?

Me pimping ARF Patch with Larry Pratt of GOA. What you don't see is my CCW 1911.

Larry Pratt of GOA and Stewart Rhodes of Oath Keepers having a discussion and me doing my thing

Crowd in the early AM during the set up - Grew as day went along, but still VERY disappointing

The infamous, and great Dick Heller talking to the media

I was too busy to take more a lot of pictures. It was great to work for Mr. Pratt and get to know him on a very personal basis. A lot of Oath Keeper were at the SAM rally in DC, a good showing by the New Jersey Citizens of Self Defense, I ran into only three ARF's there...and where the HELL were all the angry gun owners. The turn out was embarrassing. There was a lot of media there that is for sure. The cops on both sides of the river were very cool and the attendees were all excellent people, well behaved but vocal and didn't trash the place. Contrary to DU's projections, not a single squirrel was shot, not a single person of color was lynched and we didn't shoot each other. All in all it was a very nice day...Except the size of the crowd.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:22:38 AM EDT

"...our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor..."
Top Top