Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/20/2005 5:31:52 PM EDT
Go clean your guns!

Good grief... I just cleaned my nightstand 1911, as well as my FEG hi-power that's usually with me at the range. They were a little worse off than I thought, although still very functional. Must have been a few more range trips than I thought since the last cleaning.

If any of you are slackers like me, then make some time to clean this weekend! My AR and 10/22 are still waiting, so I'll be doint more cleaning in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:47:14 PM EDT
My guns are always clean. I clean them after every use.

I once tried to go to bed without cleaning a 1911A1 that I had shot that day, but I couldn't do it.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:59:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
My guns are always clean. I clean them after every use.

I once tried to go to bed without cleaning a 1911A1 that I had shot that day, but I couldn't do it.

I knew I wasn't the only one!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:06:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2005 6:06:51 PM EDT by AR-10]
I used to be anal about cleaning my firearms.

Not so much anymore.

I did switch grips on my Anaconda tonight. Fondled several other revolvers as well. I think I did my duty for the day.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:15:32 PM EDT
The gun on my hip has over 1000 rounds through it since the last cleaning. Before I posted this, I field-stripped it. Ugh. Wolf ammo is dirty.

A few months ago, I set out to shoot it until it got so dirty it started malfunctioning. To make a long story short, I got bored with the venture before it jammed, but after it had got to the point that I ended up with powder residue on everything I wore while carrying it.

But it still runs....shot 4 mags through it this evening, no problems.

If I felt like I had to clean it every time I shot it, I'd get something else. Life is too short to clean guns.

Thank you, Lord, for giving us stainless steel and aluminum.......
Top Top