Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/21/2004 2:49:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 2:50:01 AM EST by EricTheHun]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:50:54 AM EST
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm voting for Bush.

And I converted 2 Kerry voters and I am working on 4 fence-sitters.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:51:56 AM EST
45 states
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:02:32 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:03:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By BookHound:
I agree, Eric. Scary. I really will not be surprised to see Kerry win.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:04:53 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:05:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 3:08:54 AM EST by M4]
I voted early (Palm Beach County), and while in line, I could clearly hear the conversation between two women in their 50's, standing directly in front of me.

They BOTH took great delight in the fact that they had already filled in their absentee ballots for New York and were going to be voting twice, and how Kerry should easily win Florida if more people did the same.

I pretty much was livid when I heard this, but let the conversation continue until I was absolutely sure what I heard was correct. I said "You understand that casting a ballot more than once constitutes a fellony crime?" One of the women said "I've been doing this for years, what do you mean a fellony crime?" I said "In America each person gets ONE vote. One vote per person. You're not entitled to vote twice, because EVERYONE ELSE ONLY VOTES ONCE. What makes you think you're entitled to more than one vote? What the hell is the matter with you people?"

The other woman said "If the system allows us to send in a ballot to NY, and doesn't mind that we come down to FL and vote again, I'm going to do it." I said "It's no more acceptable to do that than it is to commit ANY OTHER CRIME that you don't get caught for....it's still a crime.....got that?"

I turned around, walked over to the election official monitoring things, and told him what just happened (they hadn't voted yet.) We both walked back to the line of people, where the guy asked the women "Is it correct that the two of you have already cast a ballot in the state of NY?" Surprisingly, they admitted they had. The official asked them to come with him, they left the line and headed outside. I have no clue what happened to them, if anything. They hadn't voted yet, so essentially no crime occured.

And the fucking liberals want everyone to think the election of 2000 was "stolen" from them?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:07:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:

Originally Posted By sgtar15:
45 states

But no California?

You used to say '45 States and California'?

What happened?

Eric The(SoberUp?)Hun

Arnold didn't campain for GWB like I expected.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:15:17 AM EST
I'm hoping to get out to "early voting" as well.

I happen to think that our electronic machines are not the answer (especially in their current incarnation) and will open the door for fraud and malfunction charges by whichever party loses. I also don't think that the Republicans will take a loss as graciously as they'd have everyone believe. I'm betting they'll fight just as pathetically as Gore's team did 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:16:58 AM EST

45 states

That's what I love about your posts. You are so unpredictable
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:18:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4:
I voted early (Palm Beach County), and while in line, I could clearly hear the conversation between two women in their 50's, standing directly in front of me.

They BOTH took great delight in the fact that they had already filled in their absentee ballots for New York and were going to be voting twice, and how Kerry should easily win Florida if more people did the same.

I pretty much was livid when I heard this, but let the conversation continue until I was absolutely sure what I heard was correct. I said "You understand that casting a ballot more than once constitutes a fellony crime?" One of the women said "I've been doing this for years, what do you mean a fellony crime?" I said "In America each person gets ONE vote. One vote per person. You're not entitled to vote twice, because EVERYONE ELSE ONLY VOTES ONCE. What makes you think you're entitled to more than one vote? What the hell is the matter with you people?"

The other woman said "If the system allows us to send in a ballot to NY, and doesn't mind that we come down to FL and vote again, I'm going to do it." I said "It's no more acceptable to do that than it is to commit ANY OTHER CRIME that you don't get caught for....it's still a crime.....got that?"

I turned around, walked over to the election official monitoring things, and told him what just happened (they hadn't voted yet.) We both walked back to the line of people, where the guy asked the women "Is it correct that the two of you have already cast a ballot in the state of NY?" Surprisingly, they admitted they had. The official asked them to come with him, they left the line and headed outside. I have no clue what happened to them, if anything. They hadn't voted yet, so essentially no crime occured.

And the fucking liberals want everyone to think the election of 2000 was "stolen" from them?

The reason Florida is so F'ed up in the first place is beacause of all the scum that has come down here from up north. So much for " The South".
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:24:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:

45 states

But no California?

You used to say '45 States and California'?

What happened?

Eric The(SoberUp?)Hun

Arnold didn't campain for GWB like I expected.

SGatr15

Nope, but Billy Clinton will be campaining with Kerry in PA today
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:25:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4Real:
The reason Florida is so F'ed up in the first place is beacause of all the scum that has come down here from up north. So much for " The South".

What a moron statement. You must be low life to make such a statement. Is Cuba, Mexico, or the rest of south america "South" enough for you? Thats all I notice when I visit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:28:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:

What a moron statement. You must be low life to make such a statement. Is Cuba, Mexico, or the rest of south america "South" enough for you? Thats all I notice when I visit.

Whatever man. I've lived down here my whole life and I'm just calling it like I see it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:30:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4:

I'm giving you a standing ovation right now for doing what you did. FUCKIN' A - M4!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:33:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:56:41 AM EST

Shows what you know. The Cubans tend to vote Republican. It's the Yankee carpetbaggers like in the story above that are ruining this state. It's not exactly like the Cubans are sending in an absentee balot to....Cuba, now is it?

The Cubans tend to come here and work their asses off. There are literally thousands of well-off Cubans here that floated over on a tire and have literally made something from nothing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:58:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 4:01:27 AM EST by M4Real]

Originally Posted By norman74:

Shows what you know. The Cubans tend to vote Republican. It's the Yankee carpetbaggers like in the story above that are ruining this state. It's not exactly like the Cubans are sending in an absentee balot to....Cuba, now is it?

The Cubans tend to come here and work their asses off. There are literally thousands of well-off Cubans here that floated over on a tire and have literally made something from nothing.

norman74 is a wise man!

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:02:10 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:03:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 4:13:16 AM EST by Va_Dinger]

You’re actually going to defend the "Cuban Invasion" at the expense of your fellow Americans? If it weren’t for the "Snow Birds" Florida would probably be a Cuban State by now. I lived in Miami for seven years and I did not hear much English being spoken. As a matter of fact, I noticed the vast majority worried more about being a "Good" Cuban than being an American. In my opinion most could give a rats ass about truly being an American. My kids spent four days a week learning Spanish and ONE learning English. This was also in a very good neighborhood and school, at least for south Florida. You should be damn happy to have "Yankees" moving to Florida. At least they help keep the boat from sinking any faster.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:09:49 AM EST

Your actually going to defend the "Cuban Invasion" at the expense of your fellow Americans? If it wasn't for the "Snow Birds" Florida would probably be a Cuban State by now. I lived in Miami for seven years and I did not hear much English being spoken. As a matter of fact, I noticed the vast majority were worried more about being "Good" Cuban than being an American.

Hate to break it to you. Miami Dade metro area is just one part of a very large state. Approx 2.5 million people in a state of almost 18 million.

I guess when you lived there it gave you a rather provincial view of the state as a whole. I've lived here over seven years and hear spanish less than when I lived in DC. A lot less.

Also, I agree that it's northern carpetbaggers ruining things. And I am a carpetbagger, although I am a cracker by marriage .
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:12:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4:

Good for you; excellent work.

I recently heard someting on one of the local radio stations about how they found over 46,000 people who voted in both FL and NY by absentee ballot during the 2000 election. As I recall, approximately 85% were democrats, 14% republicans, and 1% third parties. And they have the gall to whine about Bush 'stealing' the election again?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:14:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By BayEagle:
I've lived here over seven years and hear spanish less than when I lived in DC. A lot less.

Complete BS and you know it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:15:09 AM EST

Your actually going to defend the "Cuban Invasion" at the expense of your fellow Americans? If it wasn't for the "Snow Birds" Florida would probably be a Cuban State by now. I lived in Miami for seven years and I did not hear much English being spoken. As a matter of fact, I noticed the vast majority were worried more about being "Good" Cuban than being an American.

You lived in Miami and you think you know Florida. Nigga please. Lets just say that the Cubans are a problem like you assert. At least they stay in Miami. The goddamn liberal-ass carpetbaggers are spreading. Go visit Naples, or Ft. Myers, or Melbourne. These bastards are spreading throughout the state and taking their fucked-up politics with them.

I would suggest that if you want to see what Florida is really about you visit Tallahassee, or Starke, or Brooksville, or Lakeland, or Lake City. For chrissakes the annual Springtime Tallahassee parade is led by Andrew Jackson and has belles & gents wearing period costumes riding on a paddle-boat float.

So yes, I'll take the conservative Cubans over the left-wing carpetbaggers any day.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:18:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 4:31:00 AM EST by Va_Dinger]

You lived in Miami and you think you know Florida. Nigga please. Lets just say that the Cubans are a problem like you assert. At least they stay in Miami. The goddamn liberal-ass carpetbaggers are spreading. Go visit Naples, or Ft. Myers, or Melbourne. These bastards are spreading throughout the state and taking their fucked-up politics with them.

I would suggest that if you want to see what Florida is really about you visit Tallahassee, or Starke, or Brooksville, or Lakeland, or Lake City. For chrissakes the annual Springtime Tallahassee parade is led by Andrew Jackson and has belles & gents wearing period costumes riding on a paddle-boat float.

So yes, I'll take the conservative Cubans over the left-wing carpetbaggers any day.

Moron, I've been all over Florda. The whole damn state is under an invasion and your worried about your fellow americans? Talk to me in ten years when the whole state looks like Miami. I can't wait to read a few posts with you bitching that your kids spend 4-5 days a week learning Spanish and the teacher "Trys" to fit English class in every Friday.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:32:16 AM EST

Absolutely true. Relocated NYers and other liberal scum from the NE states are the problem. Cubans are by far mostly conservative. They are without question some of the most successful, hard working, well adjusted immigrants this country has ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:35:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 4:36:06 AM EST by NAKED-GUNMAN]

Moron, I've been all over Florda. The whole damn state is under an invasion and your worried about your fellow americans? Talk to me in ten years when the whole state looks like Miami.

Again Va ding dong..you're wrong again. I have lived in Northwest Florida for 33 years, there is no "invasion" here. The only problem we've had is. the carpetbaggers going into Destin and turning it into a liberal bastion. AlGore went there in '96' as did Hillary, to no avail. Northwest Fl is firmlystaunch Republican by about 7 to 1. Pensacola has larde gay community but they do not offset the Rep majority. We have less than 5% hispanic here Okaloosa county registered. The Yankees over in Walton county are ridiculous. They have passed some of the stupidest laws in the last 15 years. Wherever they go, they try to "liberlaize" their surroundings. AMazing. BTW, Kerry will not carry Florida, not even close this time either.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:41:45 AM EST

I've lived here over seven years and hear spanish less than when I lived in DC. A lot less.

No. Complete truth. I live in Pinellas County on the Gulf Coast. The only time I hear spanish spoken is when I go to a Cuban bakery. But then, when I lived up north, the only Polish I heard was in Polish bakeries. No BS! Everyone didn't speak Polish there. Really!

When I lived at 6th & E SE in DC, I could hear Spanish if I stuck my head out my window.

BTW- You talk more shit than anyone on this board. Bravo.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:43:02 AM EST

You’re actually going to defend the "Cuban Invasion" at the expense of your fellow Americans? If it weren’t for the "Snow Birds" Florida would probably be a Cuban State by now. I lived in Miami for seven years and I did not hear much English being spoken. As a matter of fact, I noticed the vast majority worried more about being a "Good" Cuban than being an American. In my opinion most could give a rats ass about truly being an American. My kids spent four days a week learning Spanish and ONE learning English. This was also in a very good neighborhood and school, at least for south Florida. You should be damn happy to have "Yankees" moving to Florida. At least they help keep the boat from sinking any faster.

Your "seven" years in Miami doesn't mean shit. All that did was give you a clouded perspective of what it's like in Florida. I've spent a lot of time up north, but, that doesn't mean I know what is going on up there. Nor does it qualify me to call you a moron or a low life even though you are presenting yourself as such.

I don't know how long norman74 has lived in Florida, however, my family combined has over 300 years of experience down here. I think that qualifies me to state what it's like here.

Maybe you stole my Bush sign!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:43:29 AM EST

Think whatever you like, the bottom line is that white LIBERAL SCUM from the Northeast, migrating down to Florida is a LOT more of a problem than the Cubans. Largely, Cubans have a very deep and visible appreciation for America, their freedom and opportunity here, and unlike MANY minority immigrant groups, they've made the most of it. Granted, they should be required to learn English, period, I agree with that. Basic shit in my opinion.

You want to talk about the Hatians? Mexicans? That's another story entirely.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:45:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4:

Absolutely true. Relocated NYers and other liberal scum from the NE states are the problem. Cubans are by far mostly conservative. They are without question some of the most successful, hard working, well adjusted immigrants this country has ever seen.

Well Adjusted? ARE YOU f*CKING SERIOUS? You just lost all credibility on this issue with me. You truly don’t know shit about the subject. Well, I guess your right. They adjusted well AFTER they turned south Florida into a South American third world shit hole. Now there is nothing to adjust too, its like they never left home. Schools speak and teach Spanish more than English. After the Elián disaster I saw plenty of examples of there American pride. How about American flags flying upside down? How about protests against America and even U.S. flag burning? Most could care less about being an American, unless it personally gets them something. They are far more interested in being Cuban.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:47:05 AM EST

Nope. Same here. I'm actually surprised when I hear spanish here.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:51:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 4:54:09 AM EST by norman74]

Moron, I've been all over Florda. The whole damn state is under an invasion and your worried about your fellow americans? Talk to me in ten years when the whole state looks like Miami. I can't wait to read a few posts with you bitching that your kids spend 4-5 days a week learning Spanish and the teacher "Trys" to fit English class in every Friday.

Moron? that's your intelligent reply? Wow, Ibet those kids of yours are actually much better off with their immigrant teachers if that's the kind of intelligent education they can expect at home. Let me guess, you and the fam took a drive up "north" to visit the mouse huh? And you think you know shit about Florida. Lets see here, every single Florida native in this thread disagrees with you, but we're supposed to believe that you have any EARTHLY idea WTF you're talking about because you lived in Miami for 7 years.

I hope you do think Florida is fucked up. We don't want you here. It's all full up.

Incidentally, you are right about one thing, we are under an invasion, but it's coming from the north, not the south.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:51:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:54:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

<snip>

I can tell you this, the RNC has the list of all those who are registered in NY AND Florida and it wouldn't surprise me if those absentees are being tagged as they come in.

I wondered about this.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:57:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 4:59:18 AM EST by M4Real]

Moron? that's your intelligent reply? Wow, Ibet those kids of yours are actually much better off with their immigrant teachers if that's the kind of intelligent education they can expect at home. Let me guess, you and the fam took a drive up "north" to visit the mouse huh? And you think you know shit about Florida. Lets see here, every single Florida native in this thread disagrees with you, but we're supposed to believe that you have any EARTHLY idea WTF you're talking about because you lived in Miami for 7 years.

I hope you do think Florida is fucked up. We don't want you here. It's all full up.

Incidentally, you are right about one thing, we are under an invasion, but it's coming from the north, not the south.

Va_Dinger, arguing with you is like arguing with a liberal. Get a grip man. You are just digging yourself farther into the black hole of ignorance.

eta: I'm off to work now. Have a great day Florida boys.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:57:15 AM EST

I never said the whole state is f**ked up. I'm saying south Florida already is and the rest of the state will soon follow.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:59:19 AM EST

I never said the whole state is f**ked up. I'm saying south Florida already is and the rest of the state will soon follow.

And of course you've been proven wrong by people that actually live in the state. Just as you're usually proven wrong by people that know more about the subject than you do.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:00:49 AM EST
Anyway, I've tried to do my part. I made damn sure a couple procrastinating Bush-voters in my gym got registered in time, and I've been working on a couple undecideds there as well...loaned one of them my copy of Unfit for Command. I've also urged my wife to work on her coworkers and I've made sure everyone in both our families was registered and planning to vote for Bush.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:03:41 AM EST

On this we agree, it's the cause we seem to disagree on. The immigrants largely stay in the Broward/Dade/Palm Beach county areas. This is because these are the areas where they have some support and community.
Meanwhile the carpetbaggers are invading every part of the state systematically. If I didn't know better I'd say that there was some democratic conspiracy in NY to dilute our traditionally conservative state. Despite their efforts Florida is still one of the most free states in the union. No state income tax, class III with no state-only restrictions, CWP, etc. Other than Texas what other state is as free?

Evidently this gives the liberal north fits to know that there is a state where some semblence of freedom still exists. They send their infiltrators down to corrupt our political process. Just look at the story above about people double voting. Again, how is it hat Cubans could do something like that?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:04:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By RikWriter:

And of course you've been proven wrong by people that actually live in the state. Just as you're usually proven wrong by people that know more about the subject than you do.

Oh no, assclown has crawled up from underneath his rock. Did you happen to notice that I lived in Miami for seven years and only recently got my ass back to Virginia?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:09:56 AM EST

Va_Dinger, arguing with you is like arguing with a liberal.

Um, there's a real simple reason for that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:10:29 AM EST

Oh no, assclown has crawled up from underneath his rock. Did you happen to notice that I lived in Miami for seven years and only recently got my ass back to Virginia?

When are you bringing the rest of your body?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:13:15 AM EST

I think everyone here has noticed you showing your ass.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:16:42 AM EST

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:17:05 AM EST

Of course you are.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:18:03 AM EST

45 states

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:19:52 AM EST
2 absentee votes for GW from my little slice of Heaven.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:22:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By the:

Va_Dinger, arguing with you is like arguing with a liberal.

Um, there's a real simple reason for that.

He is a liberal and he supports Kerry...thats all you need to know about Ding Dong. He's just like Kerry in many ways..he generalizes his stance on things he has no knowledge of and is an expert on all other things. Liberal.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:23:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4:

He stuffed in thier poopers and sent pics back to NYC ....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:25:14 AM EST

If I didn't know better I'd say that there was some democratic conspiracy in NY to dilute our traditionally conservative state. Despite their efforts Florida is still one of the most free states in the union. No state income tax, class III with no state-only restrictions, CWP, etc. Other than Texas what other state is as free?

Evidently this gives the liberal north fits to know that there is a state where some semblence of freedom still exists. They send their infiltrators down to corrupt our political process. Just look at the story above about people double voting. Again, how is it hat Cubans could do something like that?

Speaking of Cubans

While everyone is getting out the vote for Bush, DON'T FORGET TO TALK UP MEL MARTINEZ!

We need to get that US Senate seat back. Betty Castor is opposed to everything Norman lists in his post.

Ironic that one of the spanish speaking immigrant Cubans the VA-Donger is bitching about is a conservative candidate for the most exclusive club in the world, huh?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top