Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2002 5:51:28 AM EDT
ok...i'm sitting here reading away and i hear this funky voice say  "you have new mail". i figure its part of the trance music im listening to which is streaming over the web.  it goes on for about 10 minutes and i finally decide that is one of the worst songs i've ever heard. so i quit the player...and am shocked to hear the voice still going. took about two minutes before i realized that is was the ar15 IM alert.

..thought you might fnd that amusing...

Link Posted: 8/13/2002 5:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow...I just wish my local Mail delivery person would knock and let me know every time they drop off the mail.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#3]
LMAO... too funny dude.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Strange.  I don't appear to have that feature.  What browser are you using?
View Quote

I got it with IE a couple of days ago and it freaked me out too.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I know EXACTLY where you are coming from.  I installed [url]www.incredimail.com[/url] a couple weeks ago.  I have this hot little cartoon chick in a swimsuit walk onto my desktop each and every time I receive mail. That usually gets my attention just fine.  The day that I installed the program and started using it, I left the volume on my puter up when I went to bed.  Evidently, that scantily glad lil cartoon chick got tired of standing on my desktop waiting for me to open my latest batch of mail.  Just as the wife I and I were about to doze off in the wee hours of the night, we heard some high pitched voice yell "heeeey!"  We both sat up in bed, as I reached for the 590A1.  We sat around a few minutes wondering what the hell it was.  Just as we had convinced ourselves that it must have been a cat outside, roughly 10 minutes later, the same "heeeey!" came piercing its way down the hallway again.  I couldn't take it any more, so I crept out of bed with the 590A1 and find this bussommed blonde character standing on my desktop, flashing her big blue eyes with arms wide open.  Shortly thereafter, she let out another "heeeey!".  I just grinned, turned the volume down, and hit the sack.

Cope    
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top