Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/14/2002 3:29:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2002 4:06:07 PM EDT by SWIRE]
I told you the media was starting to shift to the conservative side, a little. Alan Keyes is going to have his own TV show, on MSNBC of all places. His show, “Alan Keyes is Making Sense”, premieres Monday, Jan. 21 at 10 p.m. ET on MSNBC TV. Can you imagine the responses someone here would have gotten a year ago if they made a claim that Alan Keyes would have an hour long show on MSNBC? It probably would have been along the lines of "put the crack down". This is one TV show that I have to see. [url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/685510.asp[/url] [b]Premiere week on "Alan Keyes is Making Sense"[/b] Mon., Jan. 21: What would Martin Luther King, Jr. think about military tribunals? Tues., Jan. 22: What constitutes evil in light of Sept. 11? Wed., Jan. 23: Capital punishment Thurs., Jan. 24: Why do some decry "Harry Potter" as evil and praise "The Lord of the Rings?"
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 3:33:19 PM EDT
I'm sure he'll die in a car wreck or have a 'heart attack' before the first show. To much money is at stake for the politicians.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:13:50 PM EDT
Alan Keyes was my first choice for President! In 1992! Hah! Eric The(TakeThatGeorge,Sr!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:17:12 PM EDT
ERH, You certainly were not the only one. The man can speak and is quite bright.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:19:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:20:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:25:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DVDTracker: Heh, I saw that commerical on MSNBC last night. I nearly fell off the couch as I yelled "Alan Keyes?! On MSNBC?! What the hell?!"
View Quote
Ditto !
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:26:35 PM EDT
I thought Alan Keyes won ALL of the Presidential debates. The media did everything they could to label him as a "non-contender". I hope his TV show ratings go through the roof. CMOS
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:29:49 PM EDT
I like Alan Keyes too. He's more of a social conservative than anything else, but he's still head and shoulders above Republicrat party men like Dole and Bush. He's also a shooter. One of the guys at AK-47.net ran into him at an indoor handgun range in MD.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:30:32 PM EDT
I agree that Keyes is one of the best debaters I have ever seen. He is a master debater. Seriously, it is good to see some Keyes fans. He would make a strong leading candidate.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:35:23 PM EDT
How can there be any Keyes fans here? I thought gun owners were racists! Seriously, between Keyes and J.C. Watts, maybe we can start breaking the stronghold the Dems have had on blacks for the last 30 years. I'm always amazed at how they support those that do them the most harm.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:36:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Alan Keyes was my first choice for President! In 1992! Hah! Eric The(TakeThatGeorge,Sr!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Me too. Double Hah!
View Quote
Yep. Hah3.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:44:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CMOS: I thought Alan Keyes won ALL of the Presidential debates.
View Quote
Because he did. By a huge margin. All things considered GWB did a nice job against Gore, IMO - but what I wouldn't have given to see Gore shamed by Dr. Keyes...
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:28:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:30:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:20:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:22:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Big_Bear: FOX News is stomping them in the ratings so maybe MSNBC has seen the light. [:)]
View Quote
That's it exactly. They've lost so much of their market share to FOX that they have to jump on the "right-wing" bandwagon in order to survive. Weren't they talking to Limbaugh before he lost his hearing? See? Market forces DO affect the media. I, too, like Mr. Keyes. He is one of the best natural speakers I've ever seen. His logic is consistent and unwavering and he is a strict constructionist. If his position on abortion was not so rigid, I'd vote for him myself, but that is not possible given his religious convictions. My two litmus tests are gun control and abortion. In that order. I know I may seem schizoid to many, but I am not "ban 'em all" on either side, and can't support candidates that hold that position on either topic. It was fun watching him hold the other candidates feet to the fire, though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:26:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Alan Keyes was my first choice for President! In 1992! Hah! Eric The(TakeThatGeorge,Sr!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
i wasnt old evought to vot then but i did vote for him in 2000 so HAH!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:28:27 PM EDT
Good man, knows what he is talking about.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:36:40 PM EDT
If he were President he would declare Martial Law & uproot all the commie bastards in our govt right now. I'd vote for him. FOX has hired Geraldo & Greta Van San (?sic)...for their leftist opinion.... [puke]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:08:10 PM EDT
Yeah, Keyes. ------- In a dreamy, sappy John Lennon voice: "Imagine there's no IRS, It's easy if you try..."
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:49:05 PM EDT
Dr. Keyes is certainly the most able orator the Repubs have had in a long time, and a real conservative too. The man is truly gifted. i votd for him in the primary too, not to send a message, but b/c I truly believe that he would make a great President.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:49:08 PM EDT
If they put him in the same slot as O'Reilly, Fox may have a problem.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:24:08 AM EDT
The media tries to marginalize people like Keyes. If you have ideas and skill in presenting them you are shunted aside for those with "vision". The art world is that way. For the Vietnam Memorial they shunned the work of Frederick Hart in favor of Maya Lin's "skill-less" black wall. Only protests made them include his work of the "Three Soldiers" in the surrounding area.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:25:32 AM EDT
I don't have t.v. so when the pres. race was running I kept hearing all this good stuff about Keyes. And I liked what I heard and could find out about him. I did notice the "mainstream" media had little to say about him. Always wondered why. After the elections was the first time I saw a picture of him. It was no wonder then that the media kept quite about him. Intellegent Blacks aren't suppose to be Conservative. [shock] I voted for him and IIRC he carried the county I live in.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:26:59 AM EDT
AK is da man!!!!!!!!! (Alan Keyes, that is [:D] ) I'm looking forward to that show. The ONLY way teh media is going conservative is if it is FORCED to. They MAY be getting tired of getting WHIPPED by FoxNews. My guess? They'll run it for a few weeks , then can it claiming poor ratings.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:33:39 AM EDT
You know, what I don't understand about politics could fill a stadium, but why in the world would George W. [b]not[/b] have tapped Alan Keyes for some very special, visible post in his administration? Part of the reason I vote Republican is because of the Republicans that I know - they are the right folks for just about any job. Except maybe that twit from Arizona, parading around like he was a Republican, or something - John 'The Manchurian Candidate' McCain! Will our friends in Aridzona not rid us of this prick? Eric The(Really?WhyNot?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:42:14 AM EDT
ALL smokin mirrors I think we're just being passified for the time being .
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:48:26 AM EDT
I was hoping that Keyes would win the primaries in 2000, but money speaks and he ain't got any. It's great to see that he is going to have his own show. Now I might have a reason to watch MSNBC.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:50:44 AM EDT
Alan Keyes is an Outstanding American.... If he is half as good as he was when he was on the Radio, this new show should be great!!! Definitely get the word out about this show... I kind of wish he was on Fox News though...
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 7:44:32 AM EDT
Alan Keyes was by far the most intelligent of the candidates in the last election. I went to a couple of his speeches in person and he just blew me away. Look forward to seeing him on TV on a regular basis. Incidently, is it me or is Bill O'Rielly getting really pissy lately? I always enjoyed his show, but he seems to be taking all the media criticism of him and Fox personally. He needs to lighten up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 9:12:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: You know, what I don't understand about politics could fill a stadium, but why in the world would George W. [b]not[/b] have tapped Alan Keyes for some very special, visible post in his administration?
View Quote
Such as Vice President?[:D]
Top Top