Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2013 2:57:21 PM EDT
I would have never expected them for the type to support Common Core.

Why do educated people not understand the dire need for education to be NOT common across a society.

Education is like most all other endeavors, you want diversity and distributed control for a resilient and reliable system.
Is this not self evident to all?  This notion is taught in engineering, biology and chemistry classes the world over.  

The reader possessing a keen eye will note that I am not arguing against CC for the typical reasons.  My biggest complaint
is that we, our society, needs to be constructed like any WELL DESIGNED system, one that is distributed and "uncommon" across the
participants.

Google "exxon common core" for the details.

Eff 'em, I'll purchase fuel elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Why do educated people not understand the dire need for education to be NOT common across a society.

Education is like most all other endeavors, you want diversity and distributed control for a resilient and reliable system.
Is this not self evident to all?  This notion is taught in engineering, biology and chemistry classes the world over.  

The reader possessing a keen eye will note that I am not arguing against CC for the typical reasons.  My biggest complaint
is that we, our society, needs to be constructed like any WELL DESIGNED system, one that is distributed and "uncommon" across the
participants.

View Quote

Research the refining and marketing of gasoline.  You'll find your goal difficult.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Research the refining and marketing of gasoline.  You'll find your goal difficult.
View Quote

Yeah, I know.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
If GD followed the corporate/board/shareholder/capital lender/etc. ties for each company who's products and services they use, it would end up naked in a forest somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Please, don't... the continued success of  XOM is a very important factor in the execution of my 50 yr. plan
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If GD followed the corporate/board/shareholder/capital lender/etc. ties for each company who's products and services they use, it would end up naked in a forest somewhere.
View Quote

We would at least be holding blemished PSA lowers.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shit man, that's just a fun Friday night for me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

participants.

View Quote

My wife works for XOM.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

participants.

View Quote

Good for you.  I'll watch my dividends to see if they change due to your boycott.  I won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Divert your funds to Chevron and it'll help my fifteen year plan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top