Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2003 5:35:38 AM EDT
I must have read at least three threads so far explaing how Bill O'Reilly has done gun owners unjust on his show, not once but twice, in reguards to the AWB.

Sending emails to him showing him his error is great, I've sent mine too. But from what I've read here that didn't seem to help, I heard he read one email on the air and considers us a joke.

More needs to be done to fight against people like O'Reilly. The NRA has started "Project Strike Force" for just such cases. Please write them with your concerns about O'Reilly's actions on his show, let's get some muscle involved here! Mr. Wayne LaPierre made CNN correct the biased report they tried to air about the AWB, if we make him aware of O'Reilly maybe they can take action here too!

Quib

NRA’s PROJECT STRIKE FORCE – Fight the AWB

In the August Issue of NRA’s American Rifleman, Wayne LaPierre’s has created a grassroots partnership called NRA Communications Strike Force. When you see or hear sleazy and dishonest reporting write down the date, time and station information and email Wayne at [email protected] or call 877.672.2004.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:38:10 AM EDT
[#1]
The thing you have to do to combat this kinda stuff is this:

Turn the damn TV OFF!!

[:D]
Scott
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:41:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Turn the damn TV OFF!!

Scott
View Quote

The hard but painfully obvios answer to the problem.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Last night he read like 10 emails regarding the Abercrombie Fitch catalog.  Who the fuck cares?! Your right, turn off your TV.  The media has been feeding us drivel for years and its still force feeding us shit.  

He reads one AWB email and makes a joke out of it....he didn't take it seriously, imo he's another FOS TV personality.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:42:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Turn the damn TV OFF!!

Scott
View Quote

How will that stop people like O'Reilly from spreading BS to the public and help our cause?

By the way, I don't receive FNC.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
By the way, I don't receive FNC.
View Quote

The only thing you've missed is the 24/7 coverage of Michael Jackson and Laci Peterson.

I barely ever flip their channel on anymore.  Each show is the same damn news story, time and time and time and time again.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Sitting here whining about it on boards like these [b](without doing anything else)[/b] accomplishes absoultely NOTHING. Meanwhile, our rights are slowly being taken away.

It's like boiling a frog. It you drop him into boiling water, he will jump right out. If you put the frog into room temp water and slowly turn up the heat, he will sit there and do nothing until he eventually boils. I'm tired of sitting here while the temp continues to creep slowly upward.

Sudden change is shocking. Slow change breeds more complacency.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sitting here whining about it on boards like these [b](without doing anything else)[/b] accomplishes absoultely NOTHING. Meanwhile, our rights are slowly being taken away.
Sudden change is shocking. Slow change breeds more complacency.
View Quote

That's what I'm trying to do here, is DO SOMETHING ELSE, not just write O'Reilly or complain on the internet and leave it at that!

Turning off the TV and sticking my head in the sand hoping that next September when I pull it out the AWB will have sunset, is breeding the "slow change complacency" that you mention.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:36:50 AM EDT
[#8]
The best way to deal with this is to get some photos of O'Reilly and his live-in duck.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Last night he read like 10 emails regarding the Abercrombie Fitch catalog.  Who the fuck cares?! Your right, turn off your TV.  The media has been feeding us drivel for years and its still force feeding us shit.  

He reads one AWB email and makes a joke out of it....he didn't take it seriously, imo he's another FOS TV personality.

View Quote

Thats becuase HE started the AF catalog flap and now in his world he is solely responsible for getting it pulled -- gun control is a perennial news item used to fill some time on tuesdays show.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turn the damn TV OFF!!

Scott
View Quote

The hard but painfully obvios answer to the problem.
View Quote

Howard Beale:

"Turn off your televisions! I want you to get up right now, and go to your nearest window, and yell as loud as you can, shout out to the world, [b]'I'M MAD AS ALL HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!' "[/b]

[img]http://www.tvguide.com/movies/dbpix/images/8340a.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I must have read at least three threads so far explaing how Bill O'Reilly has done gun owners unjust on his show, not once but twice, in reguards to the AWB.

Sending emails to him showing him his error is great, I've sent mine too. But from what I've read here that didn't seem to help, I heard he read one email on the air and considers us a joke.

More needs to be done to fight against people like O'Reilly. The NRA has started "Project Strike Force" for just such cases. Please write them with your concerns about O'Reilly's actions on his show, let's get some muscle involved here! [red]Mr. Wayne LaPierre made CNN correct the biased report they tried to air about the AWB, if we make him aware of O'Reilly maybe they can take action here too![/red]

Quib

NRA’s PROJECT STRIKE FORCE – Fight the AWB

In the August Issue of NRA’s American Rifleman, Wayne LaPierre’s has created a grassroots partnership called NRA Communications Strike Force. When you see or hear sleazy and dishonest reporting write down the date, time and station information and email Wayne at [email][email protected][/email] or call 877.672.2004.
View Quote

Wayne had exactly two things to do with the Communist News Network changing their story. Those two things were Jack and Shit. It was the overwhelming responce from us pissed off gun owners that got them working wayne just stepped in after the fact. Sure they got pressure from the NRA I'm sure but they have already shown that the NRA don't really mean shit to them. But when a couple million eople say hey you dirty fucks you just lied yer asses off and as a result I'm never watching yer station again. Thats a couple million people who the advertisers on CNN will not get to which means CNN will lose advertising revenue which means they LOSE MONEY. No wayne was not the big factor in their decision to run another more factual based story. No it was us gunowners letting them know that they were about to lose large amounts of money. And we should make that statment to Mr. O'riley as well. If he's not willing to speak the truth than we're not willing to watch his loud mouth ass or buy his books or any of that shit. Hit him in the pocket book thats the only language politicians and the media know.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I recorded his show last night but didn't get to watch it back yet.  What did the e-mail he read say & in what way did he make fun of it?  (It wasn't mine, was it?... [:(!])
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#13]
He didn't actually make fun of the email.  He tried to pretend his statements the night before with machineguns and bazookas were a joke.

Which is BS.  It was hyperbole and a clear sentiment on his part.  

Fact is, he SPUN in the no spin zone.  And didn't have the cajones to admit it.

He is off in my house.  No books.  Nada.   And I have sent him an email to that effect.  If he lied about this how can I believe anything else he says?

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Bill,

I'm more than a little disappointed in you...normally I am right with you on the issues and your points of view...HOWEVER...I did watch with interest when during your interview the other night you stated you were in favor of the Assault Weapons Ban being renewed as it would keep you safe from those of us with "Bazookas and Machineguns" When I watched last night expecting you to be called to task about it when you obviously had gotten tens if not hundreds of emails about it...You sir...did nothing less than "Spin" your frivolous, unintelligent comments by saying it was a joke...I rewatched the program and I can say I firmly believe you meant what you said...

Exactly what is your position on the AWB of 1994? It amazes me you spent most of the time harping on the Abercrombie and Fitch crisis and practically none on a bill that erodes millions of Americans Constitutional Rights...I also was dissapointed in your lack of a position on the SCOTUS decision regarding the 1st Amendment...seems like these are much more news and comment worthy that A & F's nasty catalog...

I'll be watching tonight...I'll bet a Steak and Lobster Dinner next time your in Norfolk Va you wont read this...I'd love to debate you or at least spend some time at a local firing range to "educate" you on this issue...

R/S

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Turn the damn TV OFF!!

Scott
View Quote

Wrong. (duhh)

When good men do nothing evil flurishes.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turn the damn TV OFF!!

Scott
View Quote

Wrong. (duhh)

When good men do nothing evil flurishes.
View Quote

Thank you Paul!

I know it wasn't Wayne alone who made CNN correct them selves about their report, but had much to do with the emails from guys like us. But he did stand up to them, did not back down, and was almost kicked off the set.

What I'm trying to say is, many people complained that the NRA has only stood behind hunters and their rights and has done nothing for the rights of other gun owners. Now they have a program in place to expose dishonest reporting on the AWB and it seems like no one want's to take advantage of it.

I believe this may send a message to the NRA that the AWB means nothing to us and we're happy with things the way they are.

We need all the help we can get, why not use the system they created just for this problem!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't get FNC. Or CNN for that matter. Hell, I'm lucky to get ABC, CBS, and NBC.

Then again, maybe I'm not...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#18]
oreilly isn't a bad guy he just is a city boy who knows nothing about firearms.

once he realizes there is nothing different about pre-post ban he will correct himself.

ignorant but still a good guy.

I still like him for helping out that black guy who was in trouble with the NY DA for a unregistered gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top