Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/25/2004 4:25:38 PM EST
So... I get an email from somebody saying

i just want to make sure this is your e-mail address b/c we need to do
something for mom and dad's wedding anniversary

I notice their email addy is pretty much the same as mine... same last name, same format, just a different first name... well, what can I say, I've always wanted a sister, so here we go (note: for privacy's sake, I shall not divulge her email address). And if she's a spammer, I can always use one of my gmail invites on myself to get a new address.

yeah. so, what do you want to do for them?

Hmm... before I hit that send key, can somebody tell me if this is illegal?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:27:06 PM EST
umm, ok why not?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:27:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2004 4:28:30 PM EST by Triumph955i]
i get emails from people that use names near identical to my email addy.

could be the spammers are getting smart and knowing that you want to send something back to that email...

i say fuck it.

use your buddies email.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:33:32 PM EST
Sex toys.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:37:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:42:59 PM EST
Why don't you grow up?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:48:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2004 4:49:34 PM EST by Steve_T_M]
Don't be an asshole. Do the right thing and tell them they've got the wrong address. How would you like someone to fuck with you or someone you care about like this?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:51:18 PM EST

Yay! I get to be a total dickhead!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:52:06 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:58:14 PM EST
You could do like I do when I get email from people I don't know. Bounce it back to them like they sent it to a non-existent email address.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:59:14 PM EST
Almost as much fun as giving people the wrong directions.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:04:12 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:24:07 PM EST
She said for me to make a copy of the poem "above her jewelry box" and fedex it to her with $15. I said I was just fucking with her.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:50:22 AM EST
Yours was a spammer??

A few years ago, back before spam existed (really!), I got a weird email from some guy. He had written what I thought was a fictional account of some gay sex orgy, in which he used my last name as the name of one of the characters, and was asking my permission to post it on the net.

Well, it was just my last name, and I didn't see how it really involved me, so I wrote him back saying "whatever".

Turned out that he'd just searched his mailbox for someone else's address (the guy had the same last name as mine), and accidentally picked the wrong guy to send the -- true -- story to. Oops!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:31:19 AM EST

Turned out that he'd just searched his mailbox for someone else's address (the guy had the same last name as mine), and accidentally picked the wrong guy to send the -- true -- story to.
How'd you get in his address book???

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:02:39 AM EST
Come up with something really fun and enjoyable. Nothing would screw with someones mind more than a complete stranger coming up with a sensable idea.

How about something like this.

Sis,

Lets put together a photo scrap book of our favorite times as a family. Additionally, we can rack out brains and come up with a small gift that signifies each year of our parents marriage.

and then wrap it up with something like this.

BTW, you sent this to the wrong address. How bout you send me a pic and a number and maybe we can get together so I can stick it in the pooper and post your pictures on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:17:54 AM EST
I can't believe I read this thread. I want my 2 minutes back.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:27:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By DDiggler:

Turned out that he'd just searched his mailbox for someone else's address (the guy had the same last name as mine), and accidentally picked the wrong guy to send the -- true -- story to.

I was wondering the same thing...rofl

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:33:31 AM EST
I've only gotten a wrong email once.. from Interordnance who accidently sent me a email meant to goto the webmaster to change some prices somehow I still wonder why I was even in their address book
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:46:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sin_Bin:

Originally Posted By DDiggler:

I was wondering the same thing...rofl

Email address book, first off. Second off, I think he was another gun nut who used to post on the net a lot. On the net, nobody can tell you're gay . . . unless you send a blow-by-blow description of a gay orgy to the wrong email address.
Top Top