Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 12:15:52 PM EDT

Old School 82nd 3-504 PIR E company S/Sgt Louis E Napier.. at his original drop zone in the Netherlands... Being talked to a current 82nd Airborne Ranger! They talked for quite a while, it was soo cool! That is Napiers son behind him.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#2]
THANK YOU S/SGT NAPIER!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Airborne lead the way....
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a very moving photograph. Thanks for posting it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Old School 82nd 3-504 PIR E company S/Sgt Louis E Napier.. at his original drop zone in the Netherlands... Being talked to a current 82nd Airborne Ranger! They talked for quite a while, it was soo cool! That is Napiers son behind him.

Awesome! But I hope he didn't break his leg in the jump that you mentioned (where a couple of WW2 vets were actually going to jump).

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]
That must be an awesome trip you are on.  Thanks for the photo.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome! But I hope he didn't break his leg in the jump that you mentioned (where a couple of WW2 vets were actually going to jump).

Okay, I wanted to make a joke like that but was afraid I wouldn't be able to do so tastefully.  Very nice

And God Bless our WWII vets!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, same place, but he was already injured, nice guy too!  The two that did jump did tandem from 8000ft..T Moffat Burris had a perfect landing the other one, Francis Keefe was a little rough, dislocated shoulder.  The funny part is that T. Moffat Burris, 89,  went over to Francis Keefe, 87, who got hurt and said.. "I've been telling you for years you need to land on your feet, not your shoulder."  It was freaking funny!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool.

Other than I can barely see the guys in those ACU's! They really hit a home run with that camo scheme!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cool.

Other than I can barely see the guys in those ACU's! They really hit a home run with that camo scheme!

Yea the one guy taking a picture look photoshopped into the frame he stands out so much.  

Cool pic of someone who should be honored.

Po-Po
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Cool.

Yep, in that environment, I think I'd rather use the olive drab M1942 jumpsuits that the vet and his son are wearing, instead of ACUs!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top