Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 7:35:52 PM EDT
Friends computer is messed up, does it cost to send a message to a cell phone? i think its a text message?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
varies by provider... the yahoo service in itsekf is free..... but your prvider will charge each as a text,,, usaully 10 cents...

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
varies by provider... the yahoo service in itsekf is free..... but your prvider will charge each as a text,,, usaully 10 cents...

Could be zero cost also.. if they're on a plan.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could be zero cost also.. if they're on a plan.

If they log into yahoo with their cell phone, they are either on a plan or prepared for the charges.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]

If they log into yahoo with their cell phone, they are either on a plan or prepared for the charges

Cool wanted to make sure it wasn't like calling a 900 number, her dad would fooking kill me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Nah, your good to go.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you mean I can go to yahoo on my computer and send a message to a cell phone?
Is it free for me but the person I send it to pays 10 cents for each message?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do you mean I can go to yahoo on my computer and send a message to a cell phone?
Is it free for me but the person I send it to pays 10 cents for each message?

Yep all you do i put the phone number in with no spaces.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top