Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2004 8:58:50 AM EDT
An interesting article on the Gun Issue in Wisconsin.

Gun article and Poll

Bonus:  Bush/Kerry debate poll for all the "poll hitters" out there.

marm0t

--
edited: added URL magic
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
We have failed. Utterly failed.

In Midwestern battleground states like Wisconsin, where some half million people tramp the forests hunting for deer each autumn, guns are definitely on some voters' minds.

"He tries to pass himself off as a sportsman but his votes in Congress are all anti-gun."

Kerry has stressed in campaign speeches his allegiance with gun owners.......said "I am a hunter. I'm a gun owner. ... I will not tamper with the Second Amendment."

But not every Wisconsin hunter shares that view.

We have allowed 'hunting' to become synonymous with the Second Amendment. Most people seem to believe that the Second Amendment protects hunting.

If you were to tell one of these rocket scientists that the Second Amendment meant personal liberty and not hunting, they'd look at you like a retarded dog.

"I think what he (Bush) says about our right to carry arms is basically right," Kramer said. But he doubts that Kerry, a Vietnam veteran, would overly restrict gun ownership.

Pfffft! What the fuck does THAT have to do with anything?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top