Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2007 11:13:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2007 4:30:05 PM EDT by Dusty_C]
I was sittin in the Flying Hook today in Lebanon, IN waiting on my next dispatch.

I'm right off the end of the fuel island and a Marmon tractor pulling a custom reefer trailer comes through.

Now IIRC there are something like 40 Marmons still running around out there. I know it's under 200. Good solid well built trucks. The company got bought and sold several times and was eventually shut down in I think the 90s

The trailer was a high dollar custom painted spread axle number.

It was kind of a thrill to see it since they are so rare and nice.

Then the odd part comes.

The husband and wife get out of the truck.

They were Amish

ETA, UPDATE. My average weight load is in the high 30k range. My last 4 have all bee 44k plus.

Just picked up this load. 330 pounds East bound and down, barely loaded up and truckin, we gonna do what they say JB Hunt can't get done

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:17:30 AM EDT
Ever get hotties to show you their bewbees?

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:21:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Camp_Ninja:

A gentleman will neither confirm nor deny.

About once a month I see people screwin or some chick going down on a guy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:41:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:

Sometimes if you blow your airhorn they bite.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:42:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DVCAPI:

Wondered why they both jump when I do that
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:57:06 AM EDT

Wondered why they both jump when I do that

If you have "beehive" markers on the bottom of your mirrors and take a hot pin to the end it'll make a small hole. Then it will shine a white light into the car next to you. You can see all kinds of stuff at night like that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:58:49 AM EDT
Welcome to Indy.

The truck you described runs alot thru that area, pretty neat rig aint it.

Your sittin in a good spot to be waiting on a load, the business park to your west is pretty busy.

If you need some local info, hit me with an IM.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:59:46 AM EDT

That's just wrong
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 12:03:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigcraig:
Welcome to Indy.

The truck you described runs alot thru that area, pretty neat rig aint it.

Your sittin in a good spot to be waiting on a load, the business park to your west is pretty busy.

If you need some local info, hit me with an IM.

Yeah, no shit... BTW, by you sitting at the Flying J you just doubled the tooth count in Lebanon.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 12:06:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Brians_45:

That's just wrong

What's wrong is when they almost lose control and come close to hitting your truck.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 12:35:30 PM EDT
Lots of vintage truck pics here: www.hankstruckpictures.com/trucks.htm
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 12:46:10 PM EDT
bump for update
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:05:11 PM EDT
Dont take I65 south to I70 east bound, if your heading directly east.

Take I465 east around the city to get to I70.

If you try to go thru the city to hit I70 east you will get a $500 ticket, as it is restricted due to construction.

Have a safe trip Dusty.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:07:46 PM EDT
Is it true that J B Hunt stands for:

Just
Beginners
Holding
UpNational
Traffic

???

Danny
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:08:20 PM EDT

You didn't pass me last month, did you?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:20:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Minuteman419:

Just
Beginners
Holding
UpNational
Traffic

???

Danny
Nope, except for vets and family members of drivers we require experience. There are RARE exceptions.

I am however an instructer. I take on the Vets and rare person that doesn't have enough experience.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:22:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigcraig:
Dont take I65 south to I70 east bound, if your heading directly east.

Take I465 east around the city to get to I70.

If you try to go thru the city to hit I70 east you will get a $500 ticket, as it is restricted due to construction.

Have a safe trip Dusty.
Yeah, we had several drivers get nailed for that right after they started it. Thanks for the reminder, I can't wait till it's opened back up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:23:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Reaper:

I WAS in Iowa last month
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:23:23 PM EDT

Just
Beginners
Holding
UpNational
Traffic

???

Danny
Nope, except for vets and family members of drivers we require experience. There are RARE exceptions.

I am however an instructer. I take on the Vets and rare person that doesn't have enough experience.

I thought you were going to quit because when you got your raise, they stopped giing you jobs
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:30:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bluewaterheaven:

Just
Beginners
Holding
UpNational
Traffic

???

Danny

I thought you were going to quit because when you got your raise, they stopped giing you jobs

Shoulda read deeper into the thread. I was going to, but it was also done as a bargaining chip.

My issues, and me, went up the chain. Since I'm working on a college degree things were kicked up and they asked me what my intentions were.

I explained to them that I liked JB Hunt for the most part but driving sucks period. He asked me what I was in college for and when I told him he was impressed and told me that it would definately open the door for me to move up with the company if that was my desire.

I explained to him that, that was all fine and good but without miles, and therefore money, I would be forced to move on to someone that could keep me rollin.

That along with 20 other companies calling my boss wanting to confirm my employment had some sort of effect. I'm now running my hours out daily and am getting all the miles I want.

We'll see how long it lasts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:33:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2007 1:36:24 PM EDT by PsyWarrior]
Since you are right outside of Indy, you should just go ahead and stop by our terminal and put in an application. You will get a much nicer truck And you will get treated better.

ETA: My girl got her first free willy sighting in Ohio a few weeks back. Guy in a pickup tried to get her to pull over. She laughed at him...
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:38:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PsyWarrior:
Since you are right outside of Indy, you should just go ahead and stop by our terminal and put in an application. You will get a much nicer truck And you will get treated better.

ETA: My girl got her first free willy sighting in Ohio a few weeks back. Guy in a pickup tried to get her to pull over. She laughed at him...
That's one area I can't complain about JB. Our trucks are UBER nice. Detailed prior to moving in them and really well maintained. Now if they'd just turn em up past 62

One more reason I decided to stay here, was since I'm an instructer, I get to work on school while I'm moving
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:45:19 PM EDT
Drove over the road for 9 years.

Wasnt for me after that. (Bed bugging, flat bed little refer)

If Iwas single it would be for me.

Good luck out there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:11:53 PM EDT
I've seen a Marmon that runs around Houston. I knew the were rare but I was unaware they were that rare.

The once a month estimate for seatcover sexual activity is about right. In my experience it is 99.9% road head. Once I did see a lady riding out her man. They were in a King Ranch Super Duty Ford. He had his seat reclined and she was there reverse-cowgirl jones holding the wheel like she was driving. I had to pass them and then slow down again to make sure- in the interest of science of course.

My ride (old pics from last year):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/feb06012.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/feb06018.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/feb06024.jpg

I am told within a couple months my Penske Columbia days will be over and we're moving into Real Trucks from Pac Lease. I think the new truck will probably be a KW T800, but the boss man is considering the other available flavors. Doesn't matter- I like the T800 quite a bit and that set-back FA will be advantageous in many of the industrial areas where I pick up my hazardous waste- which is all I haul.

-p.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:18:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:
I've seen a Marmon that runs around Houston. I knew the were rare but I was unaware they were that rare.

The once a month estimate for seatcover sexual activity is about right. In my experience it is 99.9% road head. Once I did see a lady riding out her man. They were in a King Ranch Super Duty Ford. He had his seat reclined and she was there reverse-cowgirl jones holding the wheel like she was driving. I had to pass them and then slow down again to make sure- in the interest of science of course.

My ride (old pics from last year):

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/feb06012.jpg
i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/feb06018.jpg
i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/feb06024.jpg

I am told within a couple months my Penske Columbia days will be over and we're moving into Real Trucks from Pac Lease. I think the new truck will probably be a KW T800, but the boss man is considering the other available flavors. Doesn't matter- I like the T800 quite a bit and that set-back FA will be advantageous in many of the industrial areas where I pick up my hazardous waste- which is all I haul.

-p.
You sir, are a braver man than I
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:23:03 PM EDT
Ok so just amuse a stupid country boy. Is the driver of the car having sex? Like intercourse?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:24:14 PM EDT
editless ownage gentlmen
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:25:02 PM EDT
i've never seen a driver getting banged. just blown. I've seen some people havin sex, but usually in the back seat.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:26:22 PM EDT

editless ownage gentlmen
Now here is a quandry.

Do I edit it to fix my spelling mistake? Or what? It's hard to type smooth on I70 at 62 mph
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:27:23 PM EDT
Mennonites, Amish will not ever drive a motor vehicel unless they want to get shunned.

I know many Amish, I hunt with them and get to hunt their land.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:32:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By warped:
Mennonites, Amish will not ever drive a motor vehicel unless they want to get shunned.

I know many Amish, I hunt with them and get to hunt their land.

Different groups are more liberals than others.

I drive through Amish areas all the time, Amish built my storage shed.

They were Amish, zero doubt.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:43:12 PM EDT

hazardous waste- which is all I haul.

-p.

Bud, don't forget your lead jockstrap!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:54:00 PM EDT

He wouldn't have recognized the back of your head from all the way up in a semi....
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:58:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JellyBelly:

He wouldn't have recognized the back of your head from all the way up in a semi....
OH SNAP!!!

Score one for Doc Holiday!
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 3:10:20 PM EDT
You know the difference between Schneider and JB Hunt?

­

1­0 Gallons of Orange paint!
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 3:28:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dayv27:
You know the difference between Schneider and JB Hunt?

­

1­0 Gallons of Orange paint!
And that I, as an instructer make more money than someone that has driven for SNI for 30 years If I was just getting my mileage pay, I top their 20 year drivers
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 3:54:59 PM EDT

-p.

It isn't that bad, unless you end up with a load of radioactive material. The normal stuff like soil contaminated with gas or diesel you don’t even need a respirator unless its real bad. Now soil from a lead/ acid battery factory you’ll suit up all the way, line your dump bed with plastic, with another layer of plastic over the top, and then tarp it with your regular tarps.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:03:42 PM EDT

-p.

It isn't that bad, unless you end up with a load of radioactive material. The normal stuff like soil contaminated with gas or diesel you don’t even need a respirator unless its real bad. Now soil from a lead/ acid battery factory you’ll suit up all the way, line your dump bed with plastic, with another layer of plastic over the top, and then tarp it with your regular tarps.

I don't wanna grow a third nut. Second dick maybe. Ya'll keep that shit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:11:48 PM EDT
*waits for pics*
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:28:57 PM EDT
What are you blind? it's right there in the first post
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:30:26 PM EDT

-p.

Well I have a Class A/ M1 with TXP endorsements I also am certified as a HazMat site operator. So I get the big bucks on those jobs. I rather work one of those jobs instead of hauling corrosive. Shoot go into someplace that ships cleaning materials that has 55 gallon drums of corrosive material and just the fumes in the air makes my skin crawl.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:32:37 PM EDT

A load that light you could run the empty side of the scales and they'd never know.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:33:43 PM EDT

-p.

Well I have a Class A/ M1 with TXP endorsements I also am certified as a HazMat site operator. So I get the big bucks on those jobs. I rather work one of those jobs instead of hauling corrosive. Shoot go into someplace that ships cleaning materials that has 55 gallon drums of corrosive material and just the fumes in the air makes my skin crawl.
Oh I know, I remember all the classes from when I was a firefighter. And the memory of chlorine fumes in my lungs and that fire that wouldnt go out inside me just won't go away. FUCK THAT SHIT
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:34:52 PM EDT

A load that light you could run the empty side of the scales and they'd never know.
Ayup, but I don't get scaled. I have prepass

Our last load was 45900 and we got the bypass everytime.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:59:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Shrike9:
you are hauling one stinking lousy pallet

Nope. It's a box. Not a pallet. I once pulled a load of 65 pounds 219 miles. 52 of it was the pallet. On it, 3 cases of lever 200 bars. 144 bars total

Bet it smelled nice!
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:10:49 PM EDT
I bought a truck (expediter) and ran for my dad for a year or so. It was a small freight liner straight truck with a sleeper. I hauled everything from 1 (yes one) envelope to a couple of solid titanium hydrofoils for a new Navy ship. People will pay big $$ to get something important there fast.

With t hose small trucks, we averaged $2 a mile usually. I never got a load delivered late, but if we did there were big fines involved.

Aviator

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:17:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Aviator:
I bought a truck (expediter) and ran for my dad for a year or so. It was a small freight liner straight truck with a sleeper. I hauled everything from 1 (yes one) envelope to a couple of solid titanium hydrofoils for a new Navy ship. People will pay big $$ to get something important there fast.

With t hose small trucks, we averaged $2 a mile usually. I never got a load delivered late, but if we did there were big fines involved.

Aviator

I thought about doing that. It seems like a good gig. But it boils down to time for my school
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:36:10 PM EDT
Something for you truckers

www.trukz.com

Online trucking simulation game. Go in game and IM captain pooby (Me) and join up with Patriot Secured freight.

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 6:02:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fadedsun:

www.trukz.com

Online trucking simulation game. Go in game and IM captain pooby (Me) and join up with Patriot Secured freight.

Done, lets go make some money
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:58:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BlackDog714:

www.trukz.com

OK now what? Do I have to be approved?
Hell I already wrecked one truck

So... where's the AR15 company?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:04:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2007 1:05:10 PM EDT by ZootTX]

www.trukz.com

joined and IMed you in game
My truck already broke dammit

My truck broke again and I have a max speed of 16 mph, and no money, AWESOME!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top