Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2002 5:53:42 PM EDT
The fact that with even the cheapest cable/satellite tv subscription, you can watch figure skating (ice dancing, whatever) on just about any given weekend... Well, along comes the Olympics, and for the most part I'm enjoying them, because how often do you get to see coverage of people jackhammering their knees and spines into powder on the mogul? Or ski jumping, the closest anyone has come to flying without wings? Great stuff...mostly...

Like I said, you can catch figure skating on any given weekend. So what's on the box now? Some nancy-boy in a snug fitting sequined outfit, sashaying and prancing on the ice, turning flips and dervishes. Now- why can I not seem to get any coverage of the FUCKING BIATHLON! I WANT MY FUCKING SHOOTING SPORTS FROM THE NETWORK FUCKING STATIONS!!

Originally, all Olympic sports were based on military skills, i.e. javelin, hammer throw, running like hell, sometimes over hurdles, even. And of course, there's all manner of shooting going on. At some point, it was decided that this would be a good time during the cold weather months, too. Let's incorporate a lot of skiing around, jumping over shit, going like hell, etc. And the biathlon! Skiing and shooting!! The Norwegians in WWII really upset a lot of Axis plans by using a few guys to lie in ambush, shoot up a convoy, then kick-pole-ski through the tundra, and do it all again somewhere else. Guerilla fighting at it's Arctic finest. And an Olympic worthy sport it is! So what has the Olympics (the winter ones, at least) devolved into? Fags on ice. That's what I hate. Fuck the networks.  [;D][:(!][>Q]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
figure skating is [size=5][b]popular[/b][/size=5].
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget Fencing, and the Pentathalon!

I have been on the strip with Olympic quality fencers... it's quite an experience (even if I got my butt stomped and handed to me)  

:)
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah... what he said.

Quoted:
Fuck the networks.  [;D][:(!][>Q]
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
figure skating is [size=5][b]popular[/b][/size=5].
View Quote

And those skater babes are [red]HOT[/red]!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:35:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I caught some of the biathalon action on Monday.

BUT! You're in luck TODAY!

MSNBC - Womens 7.5m 1-6p
NBC - Mens Sprint 10m 4-5p

More to come in future
[url]http://www.sportsline.com/u/olympics/2002/OLYframeset.html?http://www.sportsline.com/u/olympics/2002/schedules/tv.htm[/url]
[b]Television coverage schedule[/b]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:55:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:22:05 AM EDT
[#8]
[b][size=5]FIGURE[/size=5][/b] skating?!

All this time I thought it was [b][size=5]fag[/size=5][/b]ure skating.

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:32:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Was it the Newfoundland Navy who threw rocks on ice at their enemies???  Curling is not what I consider a sport either!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top