Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/30/2004 7:26:00 PM EST
I luv Netflix.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:27:31 PM EST
Got to pick that up at the Blockbastard tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:29:24 PM EST
I never saw it. I don't like movies with a lot of gratuitous violence. Wish Mel would have been a little less graphic. But Violence sells I guess. POTC is kinda like Zima. It interests me but I never tried it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:41:55 PM EST
Anyone wanna bet Mel will make another 100 mill or 2 over the X-Mas season with the release...

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:56:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By SorryOciffer:
Anyone wanna bet Mel will make another 100 mill or 2 over the X-Mas season with the release...

S.O.

What's wrong with that? He took a huge risk in making the movie, was and still is being hammered by his industry, and forked over the cash to finance the making of the film. He deserves every penny - this is capitalism.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:59:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By System_Message:
I never saw it. I don't like movies with a lot of gratuitous violence. Wish Mel would have been a little less graphic. But Violence sells I guess. POTC is kinda like Zima. It interests me but I never tried it.

This is not the same as Bad Boys II or Texas Chainsaw Massacre. TPOTC is supposed to be as realistic as possible, showing in detail what Jesus was supposed to have gone through during his last day. That's the entire point of the movie, and you can't get it without the graphic depiction of what happened. It was a horrific event, and He went knowing it would be. That's kind of the point.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:59:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By A_G:

S.O.

What's wrong with that? He took a huge risk in making the movie, was and still is being hammered by his industry, and forked over the cash to finance the making of the film. He deserves every penny - this is capitalism.

+1

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:48:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 10:55:37 PM EST by SorryOciffer]
Uhhhh, I guess you didn't get it. The movie is about God. The movie will be popular and see widespread sales and appeal to many who may not be current believers, therefore an un-happy devil - Do I gotts friggin spell it out?

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:54:15 PM EST

Uhhhh, I guess you didn't get it. The movie is about God. The movie will be popular and see widespread sales and appeal to many who may not be now believers therefore an un-happy devil - Do I gotts friggin spell it out?

S.O.

Apperantly you do.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:55:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By A_G:

S.O.

The big & little studios refuse to handle it because to them it was just too controversial subject, they just didn't want the headaches, and I bet most of them still won't even after making the huge bucks. They're a bunch of weenies.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:55:53 PM EST
I just got through watching Kill Bill and Kill Bill II...

MT
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:08:50 PM EST
Still haven't decided if I will purchase it or not. Will probably be on the cheap for the rest of the week, so I have a little time to make up my mind.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:27:43 PM EST

S.O.

2.4 million copies SOLD by noon on it's release day!!!

I bought mine at Target for $15.44.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:26:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:
I luv Netflix.

Shipped today? Why didn't you just go to Walmart or Target, then you could be watching it right now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:33:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 7:38:33 PM EST by KA3B]
Why would I buy it ***in between the lines***when I can rent it.....
Why would I pay cockbuster (or the independents price) when it's part of my Netflix account.

My original post was posted on 8/31/2004 at 12:26:00 AM.
This means that on the west coast I posted it at 21:26 (9:26pm), so that made it on Aug 30.
Netflix shipped it that day, it was in my mailbox at 1300 today (west coast time).

I don't give a shit if I was able to watch it on the first day it released or the next day.
I didn't watch it at the movies and I didn't watch a newsgroup bootleg either.

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:

Originally Posted By KA3B:
I luv Netflix.

Shipped today? Why didn't you just go to Walmart or Target, then you could be watching it right now.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:48:07 PM EST
The DVD released is spoken in Hebrew with English subtitles? I have not seen the movie, but was it like this?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:51:20 PM EST
It's spoken in Aramaic and it has English subtitles.

Originally Posted By M-Forgery:
The DVD released is spoken in Hebrew with English subtitles? I have not seen the movie, but was it like this?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:58:58 PM EST
I didn't see it at the movies, I was waiting to buy it and watch it at home with my wife.
Top Top