Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 7:04:59 PM EDT
The Palestinians just released a statement saying:

That Arafat's cardiologist says Arafat is "currently conscious and doctors are tying to determine whether he can fulfill his duties"

In scumbag dictatorships, that's the standard kind of cover story for "the guy is already dead and we're trying to fill the power vacuum without imploding. "

HU-RAH!!!

This scum sucking monster has so much blood on his hands that I will personally point my AK-clone in the air and shout

LULULULULULULULULULU!

... when he's confirmed dead.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope he enjoys hell, because that's where he is going to spend the rest of eternity!

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Should we dance in the streets when he dies?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I hope he enjoys hell, because that's where he is going to spend the rest of eternity!

Ain't that the damn truth, terrorist bastard!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone tell him to hurry the hell up and die already. The sooner the better!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I just might.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Is his replacement going to be much better?  Does anyone know who's in line for the job?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is his replacement going to be much better?  Does anyone know who's in line for the job?

Some Arab-looking guy with a laser blob on the roof of his car and a bullseye pinned to the back of his coat.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]

That Arafat's cardiologist says Arafat is "currently conscious and doctors are tying to determine whether he can fulfill his duties"

Do you get the feeling this guy is proped up in a corner with toothpicks keeping his eyes open while they decide who is going to take over.

My prediction, Arafat is dead or will be come sun up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Die bitch.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]
This gives real meaning to "Sympathy for the Devil"

I pity satan the day Arafat gets there
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just might.

I REALLY will. And I will smoke a nice Maduro and have a glass of brandy
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:42:51 AM EDT
[#12]
R.I.P. - Rot In Pieces!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:48:43 AM EDT
[#13]
RAMALLAH, West Bank - An ailing Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) performed Muslim prayers before dawn Thursday and ate a light breakfast, but his condition remained serious and a team of doctors flying in from Arab countries will decide whether he needs to be transferred from his compound to a hospital, aides said.

AP Photo

Reuters  
Slideshow: Yasser Arafat

Arafat's Health Worsens, Doctors Visit Him
(AP Video)

Arafat's condition appeared to improve overnight, and Palestinian Cabinet minister Saeb Erekat said the Palestinian leader was stable. Arafat woke up at 3:30 a.m., prayed and chatted with aides, Erekat said.

On Wednesday evening, the 75-year-old leader's persistent, two-week illness took a sudden turn for the worse. Arafat vomited after eating soup, then collapsed and was unconscious for about 10 minutes, a bodyguard said.

Aides urgently summoned doctors from Jordan and Egypt, and Arafat's wife, Suha was en route to the West Bank from Tunisia to be by his side. Mrs. Arafat lives in Paris and has not seen her husband since 2001.

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news - web sites), in a telephone conversation with his Palestinian counterpart, Ahmed Qureia, agreed in principle to allow Arafat to be flown abroad for treatment, but it remained unclear if that would happen.

Communications Minister Azzam Ahmed said that Palestinian leaders had asked all the members of Arafat's Fatah (news - web sites) party living abroad to come to Ramallah.

"We are preparing ourselves for everything possible," he told the Al-Jazeera satellite television station.

On Thursday, Arafat performed pre-dawn prayers and had cornflakes for breakfast, said Monib al-Masri, a longtime friend of Arafat who visited the Palestinian leader Thursday.

"He prayed and he is fully awake," al-Masri told The Associated Press.

Arafat has been confined to the sandbagged, partially demolished compound for more than two years. He has been kept inside both by occasional Israeli military blockades and by threats that he would not be allowed to return if he leaves.

However, Israeli security officials said Thursday that Israel was ready to guarantee Arafat's return should he seek treatment abroad. Israel is doing everything it can to avoid being blamed for Arafat's health problems, officials said.

Arafat's illness sparked speculation about the continuity of Palestinian leadership.

An official in Arafat's office said the Palestinian leader had created a special committee composed of Qureia, former Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas, and Salim Zaanoun, head of the Palestinian National Council, to run the Palestinian Leadership Organization and the Palestinian Authority (news - web sites) while he is ill.

But when asked if Arafat had set up such a committee, Arafat spokesman Nabil Abu Rdeneh said: "Nothing like that."

White House spokesman Scott McClellan, traveling in Michigan with President Bush (news - web sites), said U.S. officials were monitoring the situation.

In Israel, defense officials met Thursday to prepare for the possibility of Arafat's death. Israel has drawn up contingency plans, including how to deal with possible riots and prevent Palestinian attempts to bury Arafat in Jerusalem.

The Israeli daily Haaretz reported Thursday that Israel has marked a possible burial site for Arafat in the Jerusalem suburb of Abu Dis, in the West Bank, and has taken the location of the plot into consideration in planning the route of its West Bank separation barrier.

Speaking in radio and TV interviews, Israeli officials, who have ostracized Arafat as a leader tainted by terror, speculated about the repercussions should Arafat die.

A Palestinian Authority without Arafat could become a partner for peace, said Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom. "We always said we would be willing to talk to a Palestinian leadership that would be willing once and for all to bring an end to the bloodshed," Shalom told Israel Radio.

Arafat has been ill for two weeks, but reports about his ailment have varied widely.

Palestinian officials said he had the flu. Israeli officials speculated he might have stomach cancer, but two of his doctors said Wednesday a blood test and a biopsy of tissue from his digestive tract showed no evidence of that.

On Tuesday, a hospital official said Arafat was suffering from a large gallstone. The gallstone, while extremely painful, is not life-threatening and can be easily treated, the official said.

Dr. Ashraf Kurdi, head of the Jordanian team summoned to Ramallah, told The Associated Press he was given no details about Arafat's health.

"I tried to get a medical report from them. I couldn't get anything," said Ramallah, who arrived in the West Bank on Thursday.

Israeli officials speculated that Arafat had suffered a stroke. He has shown symptoms of Parkinson's disease (news - web sites) since the late 1990s.

Arafat has not left his compound since 2002 for fear of being snatched by Israeli troops. Israel has previously said Arafat was free to leave the compound and even travel abroad, but it would not guarantee he would be allowed to return.

Arafat's health crisis has highlighted how unprepared the Palestinians are for their leader's death, making a chaotic transition period all but inevitable. Arafat has refused to groom a successor, fearing an impatient protege could turn on him.

No leader of Arafat's stature and popularity is waiting in the wings, said Palestinian legislator Hanan Ashrawi. "It's only natural to expect that there would be either a power struggle or there would be a loss of cohesion," she said.

Rival security chiefs are already battling each other in the streets, and analysts said it could take years for a leader to emerge, hurting prospects for an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal.

On paper, at least, a path of succession has been charted.

The parliament speaker would replace Arafat as Palestinian Authority president for 60 days, until elections are held.

However, current speaker Rauhi Fattouh is a bland backbencher uncertain to hold on during a turbulent transition period, and timely elections appear unlikely.

Arafat's other post, as PLO chief, would be filled, at least temporarily, by his deputy in the organization, Abbas, who resigned last year after power struggles with Arafat.

Barry Rubin, an Israeli biographer of Arafat, predicts it would take several years before a real leader emerges.

"As long as the battle goes on, no one can make decisions, especially moderate or compromise decisions," Rubin said. "This means the chances of a negotiated peace are close to zero."
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#14]
If he dies the Palestinians will be faced with a decision.

Take less than what was offered before or get nothing because that wall is going up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:53:24 AM EDT
[#15]
fuck 'em
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:54:32 AM EDT
[#16]
He's already gone. He was unconscious for 10 minutes after hitting the floor at his age? "Weekend at Yassir's".......
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:01:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:13:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
He's already gone. He was unconscious for 10 minutes after hitting the floor at his age? "Weekend at Yassir's".......

Oh my god somebody do a photoshop!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:23:28 AM EDT
[#19]
[John Edwards]"When John Kerry is President, Yassir Arafat will rise from the dead"[/John Edwards]

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:29:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Yassir that's my baby,

No sir, I don't mean maybe,

Yassir, that's my baby now.  

Thud!

Hey man...you okay?

You look sort of pale...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:17:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yassir that's my baby,

No sir, I don't mean maybe,

Yassir, that's my baby now.  

Thud!

Hey man...you okay?

You look sort of pale...

You owe me a new keyboard! Coffee all over it now...

[dope] Die MF, Die MF, Die [/dope]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:19:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Do the Palestinians have a flag?
Is it flammable?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:23:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some Arab-looking guy with a laser blob on the roof of his car and a bullseye pinned to the back of his coat.

No shit!  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:28:26 AM EDT
[#24]
While reading this thread, Dope's song "Die Mother Fucker Die" kept playing over and over in my head.  

I'm with Wave...I'll be consuming a copious amounts of "the other white meat" in Arafucks honor.  

-edited because I spell like Ashlee Simpson sings...Badly.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:32:54 AM EDT
[#25]

PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:33:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Naa Naa Naa, Heeeyyy Heeeyyy Gooood-bye.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:39:52 AM EDT
[#27]
When he dies, get ready for Newsweek, People, National Geographic, Life, etc. to do an entire issue devoted to how this POS was such a wonderful man.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:45:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
When he dies, get ready for Newsweek, People, National Geographic, Life, etc. to do an entire issue devoted to how this POS was such a wonderful man.

Yup, you can see the headlines now...

"Palestinian Chairman Yasser Arafat, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, has passed away..."

Murdering cocksucker.  Giving that piece of shit a prize for PEACE destroyed any legitimacy it may have had left.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:49:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:54:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Might be a turning point for his "people". All they'll have to do then is just stop killing Jews and peace is automatic.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:06:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Hurry up and "DIE MOTHERFUCKER"
I hope you enjoy your time in Hell.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I will.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:16:25 AM EDT
[#33]

ask and ye shall...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:43:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:17:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh my god somebody do a photoshop!

ETA: PBIR  You were here first...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:19:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Damn, and he didnt even get lead poisioning
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:28:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Looking forward to the day that this terrorist shitbag is doing nothing but pushing up daises
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#38]
One less absentee vote for Kerry !
Does one wear a black dishrag to an Islamic Facists' funeral?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Goodbye you mother bitch...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Die motherfucker, Die motherfucker, DIE!

SG
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Is he dead yet?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#43]
How about now?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#44]
You guys have real issues wanting Yasser to die like this.

I wanted that POS to die of UNNATURAL causes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do the Palestinians have a flag?Why yes they do!!!
Is it flammable? But of course... And that blue one with the white laurel-branch logo also burns well, I hear!

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm really looking forward to the search for his successor.  These assholes could kill thousands of their own.  It'll be years.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#47]
I was wondering when the Devil was finally gonna call in his markers.  

That guy has come back from the dead so many times, that I won't believe it until I see his rotting corps.

RIP-  rest in piss
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just might.

I think I will.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#49]
BBC are reporting his doctors as saying he has leukemia!

You see! there IS a God after all!…… a slow, painful and lingering death for the murdering bastard…

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, good. Let's send him a hellfire and put him out of his misery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top